Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Signing up as a Conservative KMDT in a Type IXA at War Start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Aesclepia posted:

When would we seriously be firing both the fore and aft torpedo tubes at the same time? Besides in celebration of Victory, of course.

A target-rich environment.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
We've seen how the more aggressive captains do, and the normal one lasted longer and did better. Time to see if a downright careful captain can do better still.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tekopo posted:

Been busy, but the new boat will be up either today or tomorrow. The IX-type are very different from the VII-type. For a start, it can patrol for longer, but that's offset by the fact that its patrols take 2 months instead of just 1. Unlike the VII-types, there are differences between the IX-types so I will try to upgrade as soon as opportunity presents itself, unless the KMDT is particularly attached to his ship, that is.

Nope, upgrade as the opportunity presents itself. Sentiment doesn't bring the boys home at the end of a patrol.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Davin Valkri posted:

"If there was something that KptLt Cythereal wanted, it was to get his crew home."

Gets doctor killed on very first patrol, something that didn't happen on any other boat.

So, how's that working out for you, Cythereal?

Irony in a goon participation LP is a powerful and often vindictive force. It happens.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Davin Valkri posted:

This is getting hilariously bloody. Whatever happened to "conservative, keep the crew alive!" play? :unsmigghh:

The dice gods have an acute sense of irony.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Somewhere, the dice gods laugh. I may last longer than my fellow captains, but never beat them and likely lose many crew along the way.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Insert name here posted:

Cythereal is going to skate on to the end of the war over the corpses of his dead crewmen. :v:

The question, then, is whether I'll exceed the body count of my predecessors who lost them all in one go.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
No one died to establish how serious the situation was and how war sucks for everyone involved. I'm worried.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Good, good. Another ablative meat shield is always welcome.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
My lack of suicidal tendencies is evidently sufficient merit for award. I don't know whether to be honored or frightened.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Keksen posted:

Guys, I think the boat sank with Tekopo on it. :ohdear:

Nah. He was just the doctor on the latest outing.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Pretty standard patrol for this boat, really. I wonder if they're telling stories about U-37 being cursed.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Blood sacrifice last patrol successful. Now to find nearby bars and make it look like bar fights with the crews of other subs...

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

TheMcD posted:

This whole "surviving" thing you guys have going on is starting to annoy me, as is the fact that this schmuck who just barely made second place so far ended up a rank higher than I did, although it seems mostly related to longevity, so I guess that's acceptable. Hoping he doesn't pick up another medal before taking the big sink or retiring.

Silly aggressive captains. The trick is balancing the blood spilled for the old gods between your enemies and your crew. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Couldn't have been any worse than mine. :v:

• Locked thread