Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I will happily act as the VIIB's Doctor at War Start, treating all of the greenhorns suffering from seasickness, whilst trying to avoid it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

I'll queue up as a Suicidal KMDT, no real preference on the boat.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

You know, when I signed up to be a doctor aboard a U-Boat, I didnt think I'd spend more time patching people up on shore than at sea. Speaking of, we sure as hell dont have enough of those little tiny bandages, you'd have to cover a small paper cut with an entire bloody cast! Its like they expected us to be blown to pieces.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Davin Valkri posted:

And now I'm worried :ohdear:

Dont worry Davin, Dr. Herpicle has you covered. :smuggo:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Davin Valkri posted:

I'd rather beat my head against a running diesel engine than let you handle me like you handled OKH.

Oh dearie me. If there ever were a time for :iceburn: it would be now. I'll make sure the bandages I give you are sticky side up, not sticky side down.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

See Davin? I told you I had you covered! We'll all make it back.

...Oh wait, the destroyer. I wonder why they're called that.

HerpicleOmnicron5 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 5, 2014

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

We survived that depth charge hell? :woop:

What happens if the Doctor himself gets injured, do you get a negative modifier to treatment or is treatment simply not a thing in that case? Either way, I'd best keep myself safe.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

The Sandman posted:

Don't worry, I cleared it with the Abwehr guy: as long as he gets the first scoop each trip, he won't tell anyone about it.

It's kind of like how I've kept High Command from finding out about the still.

As the ship's doctor, I must limit you to half a scoop per hour. The brain-freeze caused by the ice cream severely inhibits one's ability to calculate a torpedo solution, load in a torpedo properly and keep watch. Alcohol? Go nuts.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Well... if this is what happens to merely aggressive people, then my suicidal nature will really hurt. At least we don't have that terrible emblem anymore.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

I just realized I have no ship locked in for my command, so I'll pick the IXC. Best ship, best results explosion.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

The VIIA would be fun too, but I was hoping the later start would help in showcasing the tougher patrols and how Suicidal should really not go with the later stages of the war.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Oh, cool, my boat is probably going to be an evil ghost ship. Do think I'll take the VIIA you recommended Tekopo.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Well, now we can be direct competition on the leaderboards! May the luckiest U-Boat win.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Oh goodness, here we go! Firstly, dear crew, I would like to ask you all to get as drunk as you can.

Next, I would like you all to place your uniforms and equipment in the secure storage of U-37. This way, none of the Fatherland's tools will be lost.

Sniper, I want you to force as many people into Tube 4 as you can, they will act as a decoy tool to make the enemy think we are dead. Peanut, help him make it realistic.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

sniper4625 posted:

Proposal: We fill torpedos with concrete to spear right through the enemy tankers! No need to worry about duds when there's no explosives involved! We can even attach cable to them to retrieve the lances after launch.

Genius. We should also put any dissenters within the vessel into the concrete torp, so that perhaps they can grab onto the ship's interior, drag themselves in and kill the enemy crew.
Oh. Yeah, we could submerge and then pop back up really close to the enemy boat so that the torpedo flies up onto the opposing ship's deck. Bonus points if it lands nose down and burrows through.

Anybody else have any suggestions for battle strategy?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

May the dice gods somehow make this boat last the longest...

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

:toot: We haven't died yet! This is already officially better than I thought it would be. But yeah, who would take U-30 over 33? U-33's emblem is perfect for this situation.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Tevery Best posted:

I believe in HerpicleOmnicron. He's gonna make it. I mean, he can't have that much capacity left for poor decisions.

Stop it Tevery, you're making me blush. :blush:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Tekopo posted:

I'm glad no one found my mistake in that update :v:

Wait, the aft torpedo wasn't fired? Shoot it at the nearest vessel when we are in dock. Blame it on Scruffy.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Tekopo posted:

That wasn't the mistake. It's 1939, there is no eastern front.

Oh, that. I still want to blow something up in port. :colbert:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Goddamn it, after reading the Ark Royal bit I was so hopeful that we'd get out just fine. If only we didn't see that big juicy second carrier...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

TheMcD posted:

poo poo. Looks like somebody needs a run of bad luck ASAP, because with a start like that, I wouldn't be too surprised if we saw 200 tons on this boat, and that just wouldn't fly.

Welp, guess you were right. I thought he'd make it. Alas, 'tis naught but the fate of all who patrol these vengeful seas. Nobody's survived an entire playthrough yet, have they?

• Locked thread