Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Just found this LP and I'm so glad. I loved SC1 back in the day and never played 2 due to having a poo poo computer, and I'm excited to see the changes.

As much as I want to take the paragon option and save the people in danger, let's see the new toys and Smash and Grab. I guess I'll take the popular option and pick stimpacks for upgrades. I never used the things enough because I was a terribly mediocre player who could never use the things correctly, but you guys seem like you know what you're doing, so stim it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Man, now I can't wait to see these Protoss guys show up in the game. I really wish someone had done the First Starcraft game so I could get some backstory on this stuff and not have to ask a bunch of probably super-obvious questions. Cuz I'm so lost on this Queen of Blades stuff or who Jim Raynor is supposed to be. :psyduck:

The Zerg and Protoss are basically the two sides of the coin that is Aliens in Science Fiction. Zerg are (essentially) mindless killing machines that just breed and spawn and take over everything. Protoss are all super-advanced and wise and some of 'em have psychic powers (iirc).

Everybody else already covered everything else either more succinctly and/or more in depth than I ever could without playing the game again or reading the wiki.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AradoBalanga posted:

Voting for Stabilizer Medpacks for the upgrade, and The Devil's Playground as the mission.

And now we've met yet another "character from the Starcraft EU making his/her/its game debut", Gabriel Tosh. Tosh hails from one of Blizzard's more notable abandoned experiments, Starcraft: Ghost. Sadly, this game does as much as it can to sweep SC:G under the rug and out of sight, so don't expect much from Tosh in terms of a detailed backstory. We do get one....it's just got some big holes in it because those holes all connect back to SC:G.

I wondered if this game would acknowledge SC:G in any way. Man, that was one of those projects I always wished Blizzard would have delivered on back in the day because I loved Starcraft and getting to explore it in a first-person setting would have been really cool but OH WELL.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Ahahahaahahahaaha why is Robin a scientist?

He trained under Batman, why shouldn't he do some science?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Macross Missile Massacre Hellstorm Batteries, Perdition Turret, Great Train Robbery.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kibayasu posted:

Edit: It occurs to me that this is what would happen to me if I ever tried to play multiplayer.

Yeah I'm pretty godawful, that's probably how things'd go for me as well.

Although the guy who won did employ one of my favorite strategies, the classic terrible "move Siege Tanks up a little bit, enter siege mode, annihilate anything, rinse, repeat"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GodFish posted:

Anyway, this is objectively the best Starcraft video :colbert:

I will forever love e-sports for giving the world really cool intros... then cutting to a room of nerds in cheap plastic lawn chairs.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

UED Special Ops posted:

Multi-Lock Weapon Systems and Ares-Class Targeting System for max Goliath punch. Ultra-Capacitors for the nice reload speed boost, and finally, The Dig the bring in Siege Tanks at long last.

Seconding this. I want to see the new unit, but my love for Siege Tanks runs too deep and so I must see them unlocked.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Micro-filtering and Great Train Robbery. Don't buy any upgrades and save your cash til later for fun junk.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Laughing Zealot posted:

One thing about the colony mission choice here, Blizzard declared at some point which one is canon: Defending the colony is the canon choice.

Well, now that you say that, :black101: CLEANSE THE PLANET OF THE FILTH :black101:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

The heels could have been Kerrigan's own choice. Maybe she just wants to look fancy.

Yeah, I mean clearly those bone wings aren't doing poo poo but she keeps growing them for whatever reason.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Hercules and Help Nova. Tosh seems too shady and I don't like the idea of freeing all his psycho-killer buddies just because he says "no it's cool I swear they're on our side okay?"

Also seeing Nova just makes me sad that Starcraft Ghost never became a thing and never will become a thing. The Starcraft universe is just such a fun setting that I'd love to play first person in.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Neruz posted:

I like how you guys just kind of dismiss Science Vessels in the video, oh they're only flying detectors that can repair mechanical units and cast Irradiate. No biggie.

I think they did that because they want Ravens and were trying to sway the vote. But the thread obviously turned on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Can't you just use cheats?

Are there not cheats in Starcraft? NOT MY STARCRAFT.

e: I am writing a sternly worded letter to Blizzard right now but not really but I am disappointed because destroying single player with cheats on was one of my favorite joys as a kid.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 27, 2015

• Locked thread