Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FP: 1/3 Stress: OOO

Mitsuki takes a sip as she takes a listen to the song playing on the radio. Even for a famous singer, it's weird to hear your own voice played back. "Ah, that's Dream Express. I like that song." She sets her drink down and fans herself slightly as she feels a sight humidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Herein I have explained the operation of the sun.

FP: 1

"Eh? What's this?" Zohar tapped her COMP when it was hacked. She tried to turn it off, but it was no use. When the Kings waltzed in, she knew exactly what was up.

Zohar rolled with the World Eaters before, so she knew who these guys were. Grade A jerks, to put it lightly. When they flashed the wanted poster of Kaihime, her back stiffened. She could tell everyone else in the ramen shop believed that virtual piece of paper. Hell, she knew it was real because Kaihime completely blew her cover escaping the blockade earlier. Ibuki probably had one too! "So, what's the bounty on her?" Zohar said quietly, almost hoping no one would hear her. She didn't want any trouble, but she didn't want Kaihime to be taken away either. "I don't see it on your little flyer."

When Vincent posted the flyers of the Kings to everyone's COMPs, she couldn't help but giggle. Which was replaced with eye-rolling when Ibuki doubted Kaihime. Did she already forget what happened just moments ago?

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Takeshi Kamuro

Takeshi takes out the rifle and disassembles parts of it with expert efficiency to check the quality.

"I just need some insurance, I just got a new job and it might be tough without spec-ops level hardware."

Rifle looks good...

Takeshi puts it back together as quickly as he disassembled it right in time for his Cuba Libre.

"Thanks Jorge, any other serious trouble besides the quake? You look ready for a skirmish or two. I didn't expect any trouble like that in Sunrise."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

FP: 3/3 | Stress OOO | Get Lucky OO | Drive O

Kaihime studies the wanted poster. "That's a bunch of bullshit! Ibuki, you were there, we didn't blow that place up. It nearly fell in on us! And that stuff from before is old news, I'm reformed now." She points the finger of blame at Vic and Art, looking at their wanted posters Vincent ginned up. "Unlike you two! You aren't gonna turn me in for a bounty, I'm gonna turn you in! Right after I turn you into paste." She punches a fist into the palm of her other hand.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Takeshi, Mitsuki

"Dream Princess, is it?" The older Konfer nods with a faint smile. "I'm too old for this kind of music, but eh, it's alright." He then turns to Takeshi with a shrug.

"Yeah. Not quite the pretty picture from the tourist ads, ain't it?" Jorge says, wiping the sweat from his brow. "It got pretty crazy here for a while. Plenty of fires started roaring all over Uptown, almost at once. Plenty of panic too, enough to get the scum around here taking advantage of the ruckus so fast."

"I swear," Rochelle adds. "It's like all these thugs saw the quake coming and came in knocking."

In the meantime, Mitsuki gets this message from Alex.

Zohar, Ibuki, Vincent, Kaihime

Vicky angrily glares at Victor, then Kahime, then back to her brother. "Arty, you told me you rubbed those out!"

"I did! Who the gently caress is this..." Arty adjusts his collar uncomfortably. Has it really been this hot in here? "Well, plenty of other people in this city who wants a piece of you, 'hero'. Like that one guy earlier, we'll just let him know you're around here and..."

"Oh, who cares!" The brasher King rushes forward to take a shot at Kaihime. "Let's just trash her and loot this joint!"

A compel for Rage Against the Machine, Kaihime. Competent or not, the Kings tried to use the broken police system to get you. And using that stolen COMP, too! Are you gonna let that little gadget help her make more lies?

Mitama fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 13, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

With a high-pitched "EEP!" Vincent, with a surprising amount of grace, considering, dives to the other side of the counter. A hand snakes back up and snags his food.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

FP: 4/3 | Stress OOO | Get Lucky OO | Drive O

"The only trash here is you two, and I'm going to knock that crown right off your head! Revolutionary kick!"

Kaihime uses her chair to vault over the table to launch herself at Victoria with a flying kick, intend to knock the comp right off her stupid face!

Compel accepted! Flashily attacking Victoria.
[13:43] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +-/++3 = 4

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

FP: 1

Oh no! Kaihime was declaring her attacks! Zohar knew what that meant.

There wasn't much room to maneuver in the crowded restaurant, but she backed as far away from the fight as she could. Hiding under a table, she frantically messaged Takeshi.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FP: 1/3 Stress: OOO

"Dream Express." Mitsuki corrects the bartender as she types out a quick reply to Alex.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Takeshi Kamuro

Kamuro hears his Comp ring and he puts them back on for a second.

"How did those kids get in trouble in a ramen shop of all things?"

Takeshi types up a quick message in response.

He then puts down some money, takes a pack of cigs from the counter, and grabs the bag with his new gun inside.

"I should be back in a minute or two, and I guess I'll be bringing my new job in with me if they can't stay out of trouble."

Takeshi then opens up the case and pulls out a cig, about to leave Candotta.

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 10, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Zohar, Ibuki, Vincent, Kaihime

Victoria doesn't get much room to evade with the mass of people inside the ramen place. She only gets a moment to defend herself before a flying boot lands on her face!

"Gah!"

Victoria staggers back, while her goons rush to keep her from falling. Her COMP flies off and crashes on the wall, the force and impact enough to snap it in two by the bridge. The broken halves clatter to the ground, only holding together by an inch of writing.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Victoria ignores her blackening left eye and jumps back to the fray. She returns the favor to Kaihime, twisting one foot and snapping the other one forward for a roundhouse kick!

Forceful attack: TurninTrix, +/+/ +3 = 5

Arthur (and perhaps the others) notices something else going on. Particularly with Victoria's now-broken COMP, still executing programs through a visible AR box.

pre:
CERROER ERROERO ROEROR ERROR EROER
CRTICAL SSYTEM FAILURE 
ALL DEAMON CONTRACTS BROKEEN
Deegan Sumganing Ap: Drwing magneaate cirle... DONE.
Namely, why does it have a weird arcane circle around it now?

And why does an AR image of a hellhound emerge right above it?

Wait, that's not AR, is it?

"Huh?" Even Victoria stops to notice what's going on, once she realizes that something has stunned the place into silence. The frightened crowd inside the restaurant stares at the hellhound for a moment.

Then the beast roars, loud enough to shake the building. And the whole place goes nuts.

"The gently caress." Arthur rushes to pull his sister out of here, while his Crowned thugs lose their edge and back away towards the entrance. The atmosphere inside K1 devolves from fear to stark terror and panic. Now the mass of people in the restaurant turn away from the hellhound in the entrance of the store, crowding and shoving at each other as they try to find another way out.

"Calm down, ever-" Keiichi tries to shout, but ends up getting knocked on the floor by a big guy looking to run out the back door.

Placing Panicking Crowd, and Rampaging Hellhound into the scene. Both aspects will affect you negatively through this scene (hamper movement, take damage from the demon, etc), unless you find a way to beat a Superb (+5) difficulty to clear each of them (calm the crowd, drive Garm out of K1, etc.).

Fyi, your demons will be ready to go in my next post.

Takeshi, Mitsuki (and the others, really)

Just as Takeshi leaves the bar, he receives a note from Big Boss-tan.

Actually, everyone with COMPros receive the same notification from their respective assistants. They all get the same message, from the same 'friend'.

The link leads to another series of images of what could be: an entire block of Uptown consumed by a ravaging flame. Every name in that tweet either a charbroiled corpse or eaten by the hellhound. At the end of the album, one picture stands out. It depicts a view of the destruction from the vantage of a nearby rooftop, a familiar figure overlooking the destruction at the foreground. The fire, the rampaging gangs, even the demons that burst forth and spread out across the rest of Uptown.

The golden man looms over everything.

It's not a pretty picture to see come true.

"Christ, when did it get so hot here?" Henry the medic grumbles, checking on another of his several patients in the bar. "Can you turn the heater down, Jorge? It ain't good for all these people."

So. Takeshi, you're out for the The Restoration of Order. And very soon, order is about to break down here. But knowing that everyone in this bar (Jorge, Rochelle, the wounded) are about to go down in flames, what do you do?
Likewise, Mitsuki, you're an Ally Of Justice, a defender of the weak. You have to help these people. But you've just been told that your bodyguard might die. Whether you think these tweets tell the future or not, what do you do?

Mitama fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 13, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

FP: 3/3 | Stress OOX | Get Lucky OO | Drive X

Kaihime blocks the roundhouse, but it still hurts - whatever else Vicky is, she's a good brawler. She's about to rush her again, thugs be damned, when she sees the hellhound. "Another one of these things?! drat! We've got to get it out of here! The hell is wrong with you Vic, losing control of that thing!" Kaihime conveniently ignores that she's at least partly to blame for the problem. She yanks a boxcutter out of her pocket, flicking the blade out with practiced ease.

"I'll get this mutt out of here! You guys help out Keiichi!" Before anyone can stop her, Kaihime hops up on a table and runs at the hellhound. When she gets close, she fakes like she's going to try another kick, then drop slides across the table, slashing its nose as she goes past. She rolls to her feet next to the door. "Come and get it, you mongrel!" Kaihime hopes it gets the hint and chases her. Fighting it in the street is going to cause a lot less injury to bystanders...

[22:21] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, --/-+3 = 0
Drive time! Makes it a +6 to overcome the Rampaging Hellhound!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FP: 2/3 Stress: OOO

Compel taken.

Mitsuki jolts up at the message. "Excuse me, I've got to go. Put the drink on my tab!" She rushes out the door, leaving the martini half drunk.

Once she's out, Mitsuki looks around and then towards Takeshi. "We've got to stop this fire from starting!"

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Takeshi Kamuro
FP: 0->1

"Right. First things, first though."

Takeshi sent out a quick message to his law enforcement buddies.

quote:

Gun use, looting, and arson in Uptown near Candotta. There are also some weird guys in costumes and tools or something I've never seen before, send help.

Hopefully that'll get the attention of the people up stairs and get everyone out of here as fast as possible...

Creating the aspect Attention of The Man using Chain of Command. I'll probably pay for it when this is all over but whatever.

Takeshi then yells out

"I just got a message from my government contacts. Looks like everyone here'll be in serious trouble soon. Everyone should clear the hell out!"

Rolled Fudge+0 to cleverly lie and got a +3 :hellyeah:

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

FP: 1 -> 0

"Ugh, not again..." Zohar wearily sighed when the notification from Urd appeared on her glasses. Another disaster was going to hit the city. They weren't some sort of city simulation game!

Kaihime took the lead, predictably, and ran outside with the demon dog hot on her heels. Zohar wanted to follow, but the crowd was getting uppity. Pushing, shoving, screaming... it all was giving her a headache. She wasn't the kind of person who could control an unruly mob, but perhaps the store owner...?

"Geeze, st-hey! Watch where you're- oh!" Zohar pushed her way to the crowd to make it to Keiichi, nearly stepping on him when someone shoved her from behind. He bent down and helped the man to his feet.

"Hey!" Zohar yelled over the crowd. Of course, everyone ignored her. Like usual. Gritting her teeth, she channeled her inner rich-bitch and...

Forcefully Overcoming the Crowd: Staticpulse, /+++ +2 = 5
Invoking Half-Breed Rich Girl to make that a 7, thus clearing the aspect

"ATTENTION!"

This time, everyone stopped. In unison, everyone turned to look at Zohar. She wasn't expecting to be the center of attention and fumbled with her words for a moment.

"Um... we're going to leave in an orderly fashion out the back. Okay?" She was soft-spoken, but there was not a person in the store that didn't hear her command. The customers pacified, they began leaving out the back in a civilized manner.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

There is a series of gulping and swallowing noises from behind the bar, then Vincent pops up, looking better fed than anyone else in the mess. "Alright, let's get out of here! We should assume the crazy golden man is following us for some reason, so we've got to get somewhere we can see him coming..."

KPrime, /++++1 = 4 (WHY) to quickly place Eat It on Vincent, since he's the only one who got to finish lunch.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Takeshi, Mitsuki

Jorge just looks at him weird. "What going's on, son?"

"Takeshi?" Rochelle stares at him the same way, but only for a moment. Their eyes make contact in a way that only happens between two experienced vets. Then she nods. "Okay Henry, we gotta get these people out!"

"Are you kidding me, Roch?"

"If Tak's said there's something up, there's something up." Already, she runs to grab some ammo for her pistols. "At the very least, we need to take these wounded to a real hospital before something bad happens."

"Well, you're going to have to help me drag them out!" Henry gestures at those with sprains and broken bones. "They're not gonna walk themselves!"

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Takeshi Kamuro
FP: 1->0

"That's fine. The important thing is getting you all out."

Takeshi then rushes over to the injured and starts bringing as many with him as he can. On his way out he spots a police car, hopefully more are on the way.

"Hey! There are injured people in here! You mind helping us get them to a hospital or something?"

Looks like I didn't need to roll that +3 last time, so I'm retroactively making it a roll to Create an Advantage with TurninTrix's permission. So I create the aspect Thoroughly Convinced on Rochelle.

Also, I rolled to get the injured out quickly and got a -2+3=1, Then I decided to reverse it by spending an FP on my Drive so it becomes a 5. If that doesn't Succeed with Style, I'll us my Free Invoke on Attention of The Man to make sure it does.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"You take care of the wounded here, I'll go investigate the fire!"

As Mitsuki looks around the block, she fires off a quick message to Alex.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 13, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Zohar, Vincent

"I don't even know what just happened!" Vicky shouts, staring at the stolen, berserk COMP with her good eye. Then she stares at the hound running off with Kaihime. "WHAT IS THAT THING?"

"Forget it, sis!" Arthur grabs her arm and follows the rush of people going to the back. "We're out!"

"Wait, what about- ow, don't pull so hard!"

In the midst of Zohar's speech, the two of them slip away through the now-orderly crowd. That just leaves the hound to deal with.

Well, that's until the COMP conjures even more demons from the circle. This time a whole mob of... pixies and green-skinned monsters form up around the COMP in a rush. They don't seem eager for conversation either.

Looks like they're still after some humans to eat (or whatever demons do), because they start to go around the building and chase after the fleeing crowd! You already hear more screaming.

But you can stop them.

Kaihime

You get the Hellhound's attention, alright. The snarling, raging beast runs after you across the street, pouncing over cars and knocking its head against a streetlight in its path. Not that it even notices, though.

You gain enough distance to be sure that it's out of the way any bystanders. But you can't outrun it for long. The hound howls again, then leaps ahead to cut you off from running. Now it looms at you, fangs bared.

"Oooh, let's play with this human too!"

And another swarm of fairies appear to back it up, ready to pull the poo poo out of your hair.

But you're ready for a fight.

Ibuki

Before things get any worse, Segako tweets back a silver of reassurance.

And you get a feeling that you can still make it out of here alive.

Even if there's even more demons who want to chomp on your head outside.

You can start healing your moderate now, but I'm going to free invoke it at least once during this battle.

Takeshi

One of the wounded, a man forced into a cast and a pair of crutches, nearly tumbles down during your forced march to leave the bar. He grumbles really loudly, though cop helps him to his feet.

"Some of them can stay in the car, we don't have time or room for them." The officer answers plainly. "You need to turn the other way, there's reports of wild animals loose near the ramen store."

"Hey!"

A Rochelle-shaped punch nearly slams the policeman's skull. He just neatly dodges as his car takes the blow instead.

"You are taking these people out! I am not loving kidding around." The mercenary doesn't look like she's kidding around. "Run the sirens or something, get some more cars to evacuate them, I don't care! Things are going to hell and if I have to call Commander Zinaida herself to get poo poo done..."

"C-Commander...? Hold on, aren't you..." The officer gulps, then radios in to command. "I need paramedics in Acan, Uptown, right now! We have wounded here!"

"And you." She points at Takeshi, with a grim look all over her. "You better help your ramen friends."

Mitsuki

Alex doesn't respond immediately. In fact, he doesn't seem to respond at all.

Do you know he's alright?

You can hear howling and cars being crushed at the other side of the street. That doesn't sound good. Neither is the flash of gold you spot in the night sky, leaving a streak towards the same direction.

Whatever's about to start the fire is probably over there.

Everyone

As everything goes to hell again, with even more lives at stake, you get one more message from your respective AR assistants.

"Demon repairs are complete."

Now Playing... Pinch Battle

pre:
Demon Summoning App: Checking status of all linked Communication Players...

Tyrant: President Foras... READY.

Hero: Neko Shogun... READY.

Wilder: Maxwell... READY.

Fallen: Andromalius... READY.

Femme: Arachne... READY.

Genma: Komainu... READY.

INITIATE? Y/N

Okay, ground rules for this conflict. First off, Takeshi and Mitsuki can join the others after this first round.

Next, your character see read the demon stats below in-character (they're database entries), but they don't have all the info yet. You'll need to make an Overcome action against a Fair (+2) to identify each of their capabilities, including stunts. Remember that demons attached to characters, PCs or NPCs, provide a stunt and can be sacrificed to absorb two stress damage.

Finally, I'm implementing a Fate Clock to this battle, a four-box stress track that represents how much the Well of Urd's prediction will come true. Demons will sometimes get a free action to attack the Fate Clock, which will defend at a flat Fair (+2) rating. It can take consequences, too. You will not like those consequences. It can also get Taken Out.

You will not like that either.

I'll give you this, though: once per round, one person in your group can choose absorb stress damage for the Fate Clock.

Ibuki, Vincent, Zohar, Mitsuki: Your move.

View Current Battle Map

Uptown posted:

[] are consequences, () are placed advantages. Underlines indicate a free invoke still available!

Fate Clock: OOOO

Pixie Swarm α: OOO
Pixie Swarm β: OOO
Ogre Mob α: OOO
Ogre Mob β: OOO
Garm: OOO (-2)

Sac-Nicte Database posted:

Pixie Swarm
Class E Fairy

ASPECTS
Winged Tricksters

APPROACHES
Fair at (+2): Magic, flying
Average at (+1): Feats of strength, resisting fire

STUNTS
???

DEMONS
Pixie Backup α - ???
Pixie Backup β - ???

STRESS
OOO

Ogre Mob
Class E Jaki

ASPECTS
Green-Skinned Brutes

APPROACHES
Fair at (+2): Brute strength, resisting ice
Average at (+1): Keeping his temper, mental strength

STUNTS
???

DEMONS
Ogre Backup α - ???
Ogre Backup β - ???

STRESS
OOO

Garm
Class C Wilder

ASPECTS
Hound of Niflheim

APPROACHES
Good at (+3): Howling, The hunt
Fair at (+2): Biting
Average at (+1): Wind and ice

STUNTS
???

DEMONS
Pixie - ???

STRESS
OOO (-2)

Mitama fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 16, 2014

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Takeshi Kamuro

"I'm on it," Takeshi says with a look of determination "but give me that ammo first. Looks like I'll need it soon."

Takeshi finally gets to lighting his cigarette.

He quickly takes out and preps his assault rifle when Rochelle gets him the High Velocity ammo.

"The little lady wasn't kidding about this job..."

Rolled a 1 to quickly load HV ammo on my shiny new gun, but then I used the boost I generated from Succeeding with Style as well as the Thoroughly Convinced aspect to bring it up to a 5 and Succeed with Style, netting me two free invokes on it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"drat! Neko Shogun, are you there? Looks like we'll have to get to business!"

Mitsuki runs towards the other side of the street, pulling out the Tachi Driver from her bag and placing it on her waist.

"TRANSFORM!"

Going to use the stunt Henshin! to place the aspect In the Name of Justice, Transform!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 14, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

FP:3->2

Vincent is somehow more calm now than he was facing the mundane threat of the Kings. "Idiots. Haven't you been reading the documentation?"

He gestures, and a magic circle appears at his feet. "COME! PRESIDENT FORAS!"

The hulking demon world leader appears from the ether. In his right hand is clutched a gavel.

Vincent points. "FORAS! ATTACK!"

Foras doesn't move.

Vincent deflates a little, then looks at the scattering crowd. They're laughing at me...

He grits his teeth. "Maybe... PRESIDENT FORAS! ATTACK!"

Foras roars and slams the gavel expertly into a pixie's skull.

That's more like it. LOOK AT ME NOW, SHEEPLE!

KPrime, -/--+3 = 0 Drive flip to +6 invoke Well Fed to +8. PIXIES CAN SUCK IT. In the Streets.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

FP: 3/3 | Stress OOX | Get Lucky XO | Drive X

Kaihime grins up at the hellhound. "Not bad, but I wasn't running away." She raises her knife, then snaps her arm down in front of her as she activates the demon summoning app on her COMP. As it hits, starbust of golden light expands out from the point, then spins as it forms a increasingly complex magic circle, the golden light growing brighter and brighter as a glowing mist solidifies into the form of Komainu.

The guardian hound raises its head back and howls as Kaihime steps forward. Komainu circles around behind her - and the two forms step out to flank her on either side. Kaihime strikes an aggressive posture, one finger pointed at Garm. "You're dealing with the leader of the pack now!" The two forms leap forward to strike Garm from two directions! One stays right in front to hold its attention while the other circles to flank him.

Flashy attack!
[22:46] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -/-/+3 = 1
Get Lucky for a reroll!
[22:46] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /++-+3 = 4

Komainu is in Street Zone 1 and Parking Lot.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

FP: 2/3 | Stress: OOO [I'll Find Everyone, Dammit (-4)]

"They're okay. THEY'RE OKAY!"

Hiraga jumps happily, then notices the demons. "Aw hell!"

She feverishly works her COMP as she barges outside, trying to find some kind of scanner or at least a zoom function so she can see what their deal is without getting too close.

"What the gently caress's a Jaki?"

Moving to Parking and Cleverly overcoming to discover the Ogre's powers!

<Krysmbot> Ettin, --/-+3 = 0 Invoking Cyber Punk to reroll!
<Krysmbot> Ettin, /+-/+3 = 3

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

FP: 0

"More...!?" Zohar was not happy when the broken COMP continued to spit out demons. A lot of demons. She could fight demons one-on-one as was evident earlier, but whole swarms of them? No way! She'd get pasted in a heartbeat.

But some solace! The COMP declared that demon... repairs... were completed. Repairs? Zohar wasn't going to argue semantics with a computer. Following in everyone's footsteps, she summoned her own demon, Arachne.

"O-okay Arachne." Zohar stuttered. This whole situation was nonsense. "So, um... there's... um. What are you reading?" Not paying any attention to Zohar, Arachne was face-deep in some sort of book.

"Dear, this is some recommended reading from President Foras." The spider lady explained. "It is about a 'spider man'-" Arachne did air quotes around the term. "-who can do everything a spider can. It's an affront to me, the original human spider, to be quite frank. I have yet to see him drain the blood of his foes, nor-"

"That's, er, all well and good. But we got problems!" Zohar motioned to the... herd? Gaggle? Whatever the proper term for 'a lot of fricken demons' was right in front of them.

With an exaggerated sigh, Arachne dropped her book, which exploded into a shower of yellow particles upon hitting the pavement. "Yes dear. Who am I- Oooh! Pixies!" Arachne squealed in uncharacteristic glee. "Like oversized flies, they are! Their little heads are absolutely delicious!"

"I... I think President Foras has that covered. Maybe start with the..." Zohar took a moment to look up the demon's again. "... ogres?"

"Yes dear." With yet another sigh, Arachne went to work. She took out a few knitting needles, these ones coated with a deadly poison. Taking careful aim, she threw them at the pack of Ogres nearest her. Ogre's were strong; a bit of poison would take them down to size.

Zohar moves to the Street and summons Arachne!
Carefully Creating the Advantage Poisoned! on the right-most ogres. Staticpulse, +/+/ +3 = 5

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Takeshi

"I better drag my granpa along with the others, just to be safe." After she dumps the box of ammo, Rochelle turns about face and heads back to the bar. "I'll be back for you Tak, can't let you have all the fun!"

Mitsuki

Mitsuki follows the trail and makes it to K1! Hopefully in time.

Already, she sees Kaihime squaring off against Garm, while further ahead the others use their own demons to fight demons. It's a mess all around.

Nearby, a swarm of pixies chase after a bunch of folks looking to seek refuge in a neighboring store. Some of the fairies chase the people inside, dragging them out through the windows (whether the first or the second floor). The rest of swarm elects to smoke them out by starting a fire on the building with bolts of lighting.

You two can place yourselves on the left side of the street, where Kaihime and Garm are.

Pixie Swarm β, the one in your zone, attacks the Fate Clock.
/+// +2 = 3, which inflicts 1 stress and the first box.

Ibuki

"Sac-Nicte Classification: Jaki." Cyberpunk Mistu-tan pipes up right behind Ibuki. "In Japanese, it means Wicked Ogre. They represent the man-eating monsters from various folklore, including the Wendigo of North American lore and Grendel from epic of Beowulf."

The tiny AR assistant reads the ogre with her glowing-red terminator eye, then feeds Ibuki's COMP more information about ogres. Whether they are Jaki or Yucky or Whatever, they look formidable in a straight-up fight and won't hesitate to crush anyone who takes them head on.

Sac-Nicte Database - Ogre Mob posted:

STUNTS
Counter: Once per scene, Ogre creates a boost after he suffers an attack. He can immediately counter attack using that boost.

DEMONS
Ogre Backup α - Gang Up α: When creating an advantage with the Ogre's numbers, add an additional +2 to your roll.
Ogre Backup β - Knight Soul: This Ogre can absorb three stress before it dies, rather than two. It will always be sacrificed first.

The crowd behind her witnesses the carnage going on, and accordingly flee the other direction. Unfortunately, some of the ogres notice, and lumber towards the parking lot to smash both Ibuki and the crowd!

Ibuki gets the Scanned boost on Ogre Mob α.

Ogre Mob α moves to the Parking Lot, attacking both Ibuki and the nearby crowd (Fate Clock).
Against Ibuki: ++/- +2 = 3.
Against Fate Clock: --/+ +2 = 1. lol nope.

Vincent

Pixie defense: -+-+ +3 = 2 Pixie Swarm α take 5 stress, losing Pixie Backup β and filling the third dot!

President Foras raises his mighty tiny gavel and slams it down on a whole mess of pixies. It makes a pinpoint strike at one fairy, then the shock of the attack blows away even more of them!

"Ow! Look at that big bully!" The pixies gather together in formation, conjuring up tiny sparks of electricity that build up into a powerful lighting bolt towards Foras!

Pixie Swarm α uses Zio! If Vincent/Foras takes a hit, they will take the Shocked! boost!
//++ +2 = 4

Zohar

Ogre defense: --/- +2 = -1. Arachne succeeds with style and creates the new advantage with two invokes.

The needles hit the soft spots! The ogres feel the burn of the poison pretty fast. Some of them keel over, the others get much angrier in return.

The mob makes a beeline towards Arachne, hoping to pile over the spider so they can pound her in the ground!

Ogre Mob β piles on Arachne/Zohar to create an advantage!
/--/ +4 = 2

Kaihime

Garm defense: /+-- +2 = 1 It takes three stress, filling the third box.

The whimsical fairies break off from Kaihime, choosing to chase after the more hapless humans in another store. Garm makes sure to keep her busy though, even as her stone dogs circle and try to outmaneuver it.

Though Garm takes a blow from the second beast, it manages to shake them off long enough to make a beeline towards Kaihime. With a howl, the beast lunges and tries to pin her down. Looks like he's going for the throat, in all respects.

Garm creates an advantage by pouncing on Kaihime (he will attack immediately if he succeeds).
//++ +3 = 5.

View Current Map
(I will post demon and Takeshi/Mituski tokens next turn.)

Uptown posted:

[] are consequences, underlines indicate a free invoke still available!

Fate Clock: XOOO (-2) (-4) (-6)

Pixie Swarm α: OOX | Demons: Pixie Backup α, Pixie Backup β
Pixie Swarm β: OOO | Demons: Pixie Backup α, Pixie Backup β
Ogre Mob α: OOO | Demons: Ogre Backup α, Ogre Backup β
Ogre Mob β: OOO| Advantages: (Poisoned!) | Demons: Ogre Backup α, Ogre Backup β
Garm: OOX (-2) | FP: 1

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mitsuki has transformed into Rekka by the time she reaches the scene, activating the demon summoning app and placing the magic circle with a flashy pose.

"COME, NEKO SHOGUN!"

The feline warrior appears in a similar pose to Rekka, fan in hand. "I'm here, Master!"

"Neko Shogun, our mission is to defeat these demons and keep the people safe! First priority is those fairies! Got it?"

The two rush towards the Pixies and ready an attack.

Quick Attack!
<Krysmbot> Waffleman, //+/+2 = 3
Rekka and Neko Shogun are on the left side of the street.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

FP:2->1

Vincent barely manages to react in time to the incoming lightning. He gestures, and Foras dematerializes just enough that the blast passes right through the hulking demon. "HAH!" he crows, then realizes that he's still under attack. "AW gently caress!"

Diving back into the shop, he searches for something to arm himself with- to a total and hilarious lack of success. Foras looks on bemusedly. "Would you like to borrow my gavel?"

"Quiet! ARGH!"

KPrime, +/+-+3 = 4 reroll on defense, tieing it after invoking my drive the normal way. -2 on trying to create an aspect. Whoops.

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

When the ogre's came running, Arachne skedaddled. Using her web, she propelled herself to the top of the nearest streetlight.

"H-hey, what about me!?" Zohar yelled as the ogre's tried to dog pile on her.

Sneakily rolling to escape: Staticpulse, +--- +2 = 0. Using one use of Poisoned! to bring that up to a 2 to tie.

Barely escaping the lumbering giants splatting her on the ground, she backed away from the group of demons. "Do something, quick!"

"Good things come to those who wait." Arachne drawled as she examined her nails. "But, I shall help you all the same. Be a dear and don't get in my way." Saying that, she motioned toward the large neon K1 Ramen sign that so vibrantly sat above its main entrance. In a matter of moments, it was covered in sticky web, connected all the way back to Arachne's fingers.

The top of a lamppost wasn't great for leverage, so the spider demon hopped back down to the ground. And with her feet planted on solid ground, she tugged hard on the strands that bound her to the sign, ripping it right off the wall. With a gleeful cackle, she swung the sign overhead once, then slammed it down on top of the pile of ogres that lay in front of her.

Forceful attack on Ogre B, invoking Poisoned! for a +2: Staticpulse, /-/+ +4 = 4

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

FP: 1/3 | Stress OOX | Get Lucky XO | Drive X

Kaihime charges to meet Garm, pulling a spare knife as she goes. Just before she meets the hellhound, she sticks her arm out and grabs the pole of a street sign, changing directions unexpectedly without slowing down. The enforced spin slings her back around into the street, and she nearly falls flat on her face, but manages to stay up.

A-Gyo paces Garm on one side, while Un-Gyo races around to the other, putting the hellhound at the center of a triangle with Kaihime at one point. She points her blade at her opponent, a lopsided grin on her face. "Come on, that the best you can do?"

Flashy defense: 4dF+3 1
Flashy defense (reroll): 4dF+3 4
Invoking Short Change Hero to reroll and Rage Against the Machine for +2 make it a 6.

Quick Create an Advantage: 4dF+2 2
Attempting to create the aspect Surrounded on Garm.

Komainu is in Street Zone 1 and Parking Lot.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Takeshi Kamuro
FP: 0, HV Ammo: 2, Attention of The Man: 1

Takeshi made sure to run as fast as he could with his weapon in tow, loaded with HV ammo. Just as he rounds the corner, he sees a mess of monsters terrorizing people.

"The hell is this!?" Takeshi shouts aloud "We're never splitting up again if this is what'll happen!"

I suppose it'stime for him to do his job, though.

Takeshi levels his rifle at the nasty looking dog-thing and quickly fires in full-auto at it with the accuracy of a pro.

I'm aiming to both do a lot of damage and Succeed with Style, so I'll spend one invoke of HV ammo to increase the 3 I rolled to a 5, and if that doesn't do it I'll invoke again to increase it to a 7.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

FP: 2/3 | Stress: XOO [I'll Find Everyone, Dammit (-4)]

"Man-eating? Well, I'm a girl, so—hey hey HEY!" Hiraga stops gazing at her tech just in time to jump out of the way of the ogres before they smash her.

Normally she would run, but she can summon demons now (allegedly). Besides, if they got the crowd she'd feel bad.

"Alright! You want some? Let's go!"

Ibuki opens her demon summoning app with a combination of gestures and a practiced, professional look with her advanced blink-detection interface that totally doesn't look like a magical girl winking (the little AR star that pops out of the COMP totally has a purpose, shut up), and a magical circle appears at her feet.

Maxwell materializes behind the ogres. Before they work out what's going on, it flaps its stingray wings and launches a bolt of lightning into the one Ibuki points at.

Quick defense: <Krysmbot> Ettin, ++-/+1 = 2
Sneaky attack: <Krysmbot> Ettin, ////+2 = 2 Invoking Scanned to make that 4!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Lady Rekka, Takeshi, Kaihime

Fairy defense against Rekka: +-/+ +1 = 2. A 1-stress hit that fill the first box.
Garm defense against Kaihime: /--- +3 = 0. Yeah, you place Surrounded.
Garm defense against Takeshi: ---- +3 = -1. Uh, I'll blow Garm's FP to reroll. +//- +3 = 3.
I'll assume you're going to invoke your thing twice for the SaS (and reducing your attack by one to get a boost), so three stress to inflict a mild (Suppressive Fire) consequence and leave the first box filled.

With three two hounds pinning it down, Garm doesn't have much room to run. High-velocity bullets run straight through the demon's hide, leaving gaping holes and golden trails of computer code where wounds should be. It makes ragged breaths, feeling the burn of the combined assault.

"Well, that's no fair!" The pixie next to Garm says with a pout. She flies upward, and blows a kiss towards the hellhound. "Dia!"

The flying kiss turns into wave of blue sparkly magic, washing over Garm and closing up its wounds. Garm, feeling a second wind coming up, leaps to tear apart one of the Komainus!

Nearby, the quick and combined assault of Neko and Rekka slaps out a few pixies in midair! Some of the other pixies take notice, and hurls bolts of lighting towards the two!

Garm attempts to Create Advantage -> Attack again on Komainu: /+-/ +3 = 3
Pixies use magic on Rekka/Neko Shogun: ///- +2 = 1

Ibuki
Ogre defense: +/+/ +1 = 3. Fills up the first box.

The lead ogre takes the brunt of the lightning bolt. It is not impressed.

It raises its massive club and swings it wide enough to hit both Ibuki and the ramen store! The demon takes good chunk out of the building. Can it say the same for the demon tamer?

Brute attack on Ibuki and the Fate Clock! /++- +2 = 3 for Ibuki, //+/ +2 = 3 for Clock.
Clock takes another point of stress.

Vincent, Zohar
Ogre defense: ++-- +2 = 2. Fills up the second box.

A few of the ogres at the rear lines step up and try to grab the sign in mid-air. Some of them get crushed, but the mob manages to survive.

The lead ogre breaks off from the rest for a moment, to get a free shot at Vincent while he's fooling around. He sees it coming a mile away, though.

Meanwhile, the pixies ambush Zohar and Arachne from behind, hoping to swarm on teem and pick apart the webs. Maybe tear them apart while they're at it.

Ogres rush at Vincent: --+- +2 = 0
Pixies attack Zohar: /-+/ +2 = 2

View Current Map

Uptown posted:

[] are consequences, underlines indicate a free invoke still available!

Fate Clock: XXOO (-2) (-4) (-6)

Pixie Swarm α: OOX | Demons: Pixie Backup α, Pixie Backup β
Pixie Swarm β: XOO | Demons: Pixie Backup α, Pixie Backup β
Ogre Mob α: XOO | Demons: Ogre Backup α, Ogre Backup β
Ogre Mob β: OXO| Advantages: (Poisoned!) | Demons: Ogre Backup α, Ogre Backup β
Garm: OOO [-2 Suppressive Fire] | Demons: Pixie | FP: X

Mitama fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 29, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

FP:1

"Clumsy oafs!" snarl both Vincent and Foras in tandem as they both sidestep the slow orc charge with time to spare. There is a moment where they look at the other in mutual burning embarrassment, then it's back to business. Vincent trips an ogre as it stumbles past. "It's over for you. FOOOOOOORAAAAS!"

Foras' foot lands squarely on the back of the ogre's head, punting it forward into its comrades. There's a sort of bowling ball noise. The ogres appear unharmed, but more than a little concussed.

An excessive defense creates a boost (Chumped). Vincent then tags this boost to reroll a crap aspect placement, still only ending up with a result of +3 to place Dazed and Confused. Oh well.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

FP: 1/3 | Stress: XOO [I'll Find Everyone, Dammit (-4)]

"Crap!" Hiraga dives out of the way just in time, and feels the wind from the club on her head.

She rolls away into the cars. "Maxwell, little help?"

Maxwell almost sighs as he floats between the ogres and the crowd and keeps them occupied with more lightning.

"Ogres: Observe me!"

Quick defense: <Krysmbot> Ettin, -/-/+1 = -1 Screw that! Invoking Shadow Runner to reroll:
<Krysmbot> Ettin, /+/++1 = 3 Ogre gets a boost!

Trying to Sneakily place Everyone: Look At Me! to keep the ogres focused on not-Ibuki: <Krysmbot> Ettin, +/-/+2 = 2

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

FP: 1/3 | Stress XOX | Get Lucky XX | Drive X

Komainu attempts to hop back out of reach, and doesn't quite manage it cleanly. Kaihime winces from the stress, but presses her advantage. The circle closes on the Hellhound, a three-sided attack. Kaihime jumps at Garm, then does a diving roll to avoid its snapping jaws. A-Gyo rushes in, jaws snapping, but pulls back just out of reach as soon as its opponent turns. Then the real attack finally comes - Un-Gyo racing in from the blind side to smash bodily into the other canine demon.

Quick defense to avoid the attack on Komainu.
[14:09] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /-/-+2 = 0
Ick, using my other roll off Get Lucky and filling a stress box.
[14:09] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -+-++2 = 2

And a Flashy attack on Garm himself. Invoking Suppressive Fire and Surrounded to get a 7!
[14:09] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +--++3 = 3

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Flashy defense!
<Krysmbot> Waffleman, -+/++3 = 4

Rekka and Neko both manage to flip back away from the attack with a synchronized flourish.

"Ha, you're pretty good for a cat!"

"I ought to say the same for you as a human!"

"Stay with me and I'll show you just what humans can do!" And as if to show the feline samurai, Rekka rushes in to perform a dropkick on the group of pixies. "REKKA DROP!"

Flashy attack on Pixie B
<Krysmbot>Waffleman, +/--+3 = 2
And I'll invoke In The Name of Justice, Transform! for a +3 on Flashy to make it a 5.

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Stress: [_] [X] [_]

Arachne clicked her tongue when the pixies tore through the threads of webbing that attached to the neon sign. It flew harmlessly away, breaking into pieces when it hit the asphalt road.

"H-help!" Zohar flailed about, trying to knock the pixies away. They darted in, swiped at her, and darted out before she could even hit them. All they managed was tearing some clothes so far, but it was cold out here! And they would be tearing flesh soon enough.

Forceful Defend: Staticpulse, /-/-+2 = 0. That's two stress

"Oh ho ho... my pleasure." Arachne smacked her lips as she jumped for the pixies. Like a cat, she tried to grab them with her bare hands. She was no where quick enough to actually grab any though; the pixies giggled as they flew right out of her reach.

But she wasn't going for a direct hit. She was carefully weaving thin strands of web through the air, creating a maze of near-invisible webbing for the little demons to catch on. And when they were...

Sneakily placing the advantage Fly Trap on the Pixies. Staticpulse, ++-++2 = 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Takeshi Kamuro
FP: 0->1
[x][ ][ ]

Due to Takeshi's earlier accurscy, it looked like he had a few shots left of the HV ammo.

"drat thing is tough!"

Takeshi makes a tactical advance while the Ogre lifts up its club to strike the K1 building filled with patrons. He shoots the Pixies attacking Mitsuki while Kaihime finishes off Garm while moving, utilizing the last few shots of his HV ammo.

Right afterwards, he jumps behind Ibuki before the Ogre's club hits K1, damaging his new rifle in the process.

"Use your demons to get these things away from the civilians!"

Takeshi then looks at his rifle with irritation, and throw it on the ground. Electing to take out his Ka-Bar instead.

Attacking the pixies with a 4 the boost I gained by SwS.

I then defended the Clock thing and took a compel, so I lose my gun :negative:

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 30, 2014

• Locked thread