Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

sync is garbage for retards. every single time i plug in my 5s via usb it auto plays the first song alphabetically on my main library rather than continuing last played or you know, obeying a playlist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

I listen to the song "Action & Action" by the Get Up Kids a lot is what i'm saying

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Grandmaster.flv posted:

sync is garbage for retards. every single time i plug in my 5s via usb it auto plays the first song alphabetically on my main library rather than continuing last played or you know, obeying a playlist
yeah sure but i bet it does great with a zune b/c if theres anything microsoft is good at its fabricating a cohesive ecosystem

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

the retarded thing is if i do bluetooth stereo it resumes just fine. the minute i plug it in its back to Action & Action

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

also the voice control is poo poo but i wasn't exactly expecting much. i can't wait for the apple in car thing because at least siri is usable. why yes it makes total sense to do "NAVIGATION" "CANCEL ROUTE" "YES" instead of "cancel nav"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Nelson MandEULA posted:

...we've seen the first step in that process today at Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC), where the company announced a new keyboard-equipped BlackBerry 10 device with the well-known menu, back, send, and end keys of old, as well as a trackpad.

ahahahahaha haha ha hoooo!

oh boy. this is going to be loving amazing.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

its gonna sell well to the people who insist they are more productive on a physical keyboard because they tried a touchscreen once for 3 minutes and didnt like it

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

infernal machines posted:

:eyepop:

how long has that tarsier been wearing that?!?!

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

crackberry posted:

The first BlackBerry Q20 concept makes an appearance - looking good

With the BlackBerry Q20 getting confirmed earlier today at Mobile World Congress we are in the dark as to what the device will look like exactly as it's not yet been shown off and won't be with us until the second half of 2014. With the important news that it will see a return of the trackpad and function keys it's certainly got my brain working overtime imagining how the Q20 will shape up.

The image above was posted on a BBM Channel a short time ago. It's clearly a concept of what we may expect to see from the Q20 and although at first I was a little reluctant to think about using a trackpad once again, this thing looks pretty darn sweet.

With the Q20 sporting the largest display we've yet to see on a hardware BlackBerry keyboard (3.5 inches) I'm intrigued to discover whether the keyboard on the Q20 will remain the same size as on the Q10 or whether we'll see a slight increase.

Only time will tell on the final results, but whatever happens it's exciting news for us loyal hardware keyboard fans. I think it's safe to say we'll see the also newly announced Z3 hit the market first and from where I'm sitting, that makes sense.

Hands up who's with me in thinking this concept looks darn sexy?

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
what do u wanna bet chen came up with that idea at the last possible second, hence the 'second half of 2014' launch date and lack of even a rendering or illustration of what it'll look like.

he's just with his press team and they're like "aw poo poo, we don't have anything to announce!" and he's like "uhhhh.... hmmm.... wellllllll... bring back the trackball and hardkeys? i mean, why not, right? we can work on it when we're back from barcelona.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lmao who made a concept with a trackpad that you roll your thumb over and a capacitive back button right next to it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

how long has that tarsier been wearing that?!?!

since the last glassholes thread.

thank dr. honked

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Caged posted:

lmao who made a concept with a trackpad that you roll your thumb over and a capacitive back button right next to it

and a touchscreen directly above it.

it's brilliant. we must move forward by going backward. we're taking this company Back To The Future.

when our stock price hits 88 cents you're going to see some serious poo poo!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

http://crackberry.com/why-blackberry-bringing-trackpad-back posted:

This week, during MWC in Barcelona, BlackBerry announced that we’ll soon see the return of the famous optical trackpad that so many of us loved prior to the launch of BlackBerry 10. I’m among the trackpad loving crowd, and I’m reminded of this every time I try to move the cursor around my screen to edit text on any of today’s typical touchscreen devices.

who the gently caress has a problem moving the cursor around on a touchscreen? yeah my old htc was poo poo at it but if you buy a good phone running a good os then its fine. it's not a problem that needs solving by an upside down optical mouse.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

when our stock price hits 88 cents you're going to see some serious poo poo!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

kinda feel sorry for the blackberry faithful that some art students photoshop counts as an article

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Caged posted:

who the gently caress has a problem moving the cursor around on a touchscreen? yeah my old htc was poo poo at it but if you buy a good phone running a good os then its fine. it's not a problem that needs solving by an upside down optical mouse.

i had an old htc phone like 5 years ago with a touchpad thingy on it and the only thing i ever used it for was a couple of sloppy ports of vidya games to the phone tbh

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Caged posted:

kinda feel sorry for the blackberry faithful that some art students photoshop counts as an article
yes that is the reason that you should feel sorry for them

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Grandmaster.flv posted:

the retarded thing is if i do bluetooth stereo it resumes just fine. the minute i plug it in its back to Action & Action

how the gently caress do i get it to default to bluetooth? i've tried everything i can think of and in the documentation it says if i turn it off on bluetooth it will resume on it but sync has a mind of it's loving own and does whatever the gently caress it feels like. which is never RESUMING WITH BLUETOOTH

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
so BBM has stickers now

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/21/5433690/bbm-stickers-launching-in-beta

Because that will save the company

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
why do all messaging apps have stickers now. is it one of those things you can't understand unless your a 13yo girl?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

A Pinball Wizard posted:

those things you can't understand unless your a 13yo girl
it's actually that 13-year-olds buy into a lot of bullshit hth

not that adults don't

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Feb 28, 2014

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

how many 13 year olds have a blackberry

Mathturbator
Oct 12, 2004
Funny original quote
September 22 2014. That's right

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
op references my birthdate and i'm feelin lucky so i'm rollin may 8, 2014

suck it

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Necc0 posted:

how the gently caress do i get it to default to bluetooth? i've tried everything i can think of and in the documentation it says if i turn it off on bluetooth it will resume on it but sync has a mind of it's loving own and does whatever the gently caress it feels like. which is never RESUMING WITH BLUETOOTH

i have no loving idea. if i don't plug it into the usb port it autoresumes over bluetooth as soon as i start the car.

sync is so lovely. also the ONE loving feature i wanted was the screen next to the speedo to have now playing but no i get retarded flowers to show how i'm an ecowarrior

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Grandmaster.flv posted:

i have no loving idea. if i don't plug it into the usb port it autoresumes over bluetooth as soon as i start the car.

sync is so lovely. also the ONE loving feature i wanted was the screen next to the speedo to have now playing but no i get retarded flowers to show how i'm an ecowarrior

it will remember and resume anything i do on the dash except if its something actually useful like oil pressure or voltage or air/fuel mixture or w/e

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Syd Syko posted:

So, I dropped my BB Storm II getting out of my car (broke the clip on the armor case) the other day at work (out of the hundreds of other times I've dropped the drat thing) and managed to crack the glass on it (this time), while it the phone still works (and still tethers as a modem to my PC/laptop just fine) the touch screen is totally hosed, any places around to get the screen replaced?

Locally I haven't found any place that can do it, let alone even one that will fix a BB, and Verizon was definitely no help as they just suggested buying another one, but the last I looked on E-Bay the drat things were still going for over a hundred bucks.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

they saw the reaction to the original storm and said 'well poo poo let's get working in the sequel boys!'?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

it's me, i'm the guy in tyool 2014 using a blackberry storm and asking internet strangers where i can get its screen repaired for under 100 dollars instead of buying a non pos phone

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
the prices are all over 100 bucks these days because of AT&T having that special deal where bringing in just about any blackberry from any carrier would get you $100 in credit at corporate stores.

god bless at&t for ridding the world of thousands of blackberries

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
the last thing i did at my canadian telco job was redeem some ambassador contractless phone thing but we had a special deal with blackberry so instead of $300 off an iphone i got a free $500 blackberry bold and immediately sold it on craigslist to some early twenty something girl

that's my only non shameful blackberry story

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
i just came back from germany and saw at least two people using bb10 devices.

that's right: nazis use blackeberry.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

i have no words...

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i can understand 'suits my needs' to an extent, but holy gently caress its a storm. nobodys needs were suited by the clicky screen universally laughed at blackberry.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
what's so bad about qnx anyway?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Mr Dog posted:

what's so bad about qnx anyway?

nothing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

QNX is fine, it's the BB userland that's complete poo poo. you know, the part actually written by rim/blackberry from the ground up.

see: http://blackberryq10.tumblr.com/

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So, at least in Canada, all non BB10 devices have been down since 9am.

• Locked thread