Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i've guessed a week before christmas in every thread and dangit i'm doing it here too

dec 18th, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

as someone who uses ford sync regularly i say thank god loving finally

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Grandmaster.flv posted:

the retarded thing is if i do bluetooth stereo it resumes just fine. the minute i plug it in its back to Action & Action

how the gently caress do i get it to default to bluetooth? i've tried everything i can think of and in the documentation it says if i turn it off on bluetooth it will resume on it but sync has a mind of it's loving own and does whatever the gently caress it feels like. which is never RESUMING WITH BLUETOOTH

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Grandmaster.flv posted:

i have no loving idea. if i don't plug it into the usb port it autoresumes over bluetooth as soon as i start the car.

sync is so lovely. also the ONE loving feature i wanted was the screen next to the speedo to have now playing but no i get retarded flowers to show how i'm an ecowarrior

it will remember and resume anything i do on the dash except if its something actually useful like oil pressure or voltage or air/fuel mixture or w/e

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
thought experiment: you're now ceo of blackberry. how do you save the company

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
My rear end Rides In Navy Equipment

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
just drill a hole through the memory :confused:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

theadder posted:

this but the opposite

Kennedy :confused: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20131204153511AAyaKyS

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

The Management posted:

but lol at any enterprise that isn't already well away from blackberry already.

fixed

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

FMguru posted:

that post was the sum total of activity on the bb thread in iyg for the last six weeks

whatever mod responded to my thread title change- thanks

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
blackberry needs to get on the watch bandwagon so this thread can achieve its final form

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Kenny Logins posted:

he started that spot by saying he has the new iphone which is wonderful but check out this weird thing. a blackberry and he professes to have never heard of the company before this device

they're really gunning for the wacky angle, huh? that's their great strategy?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
embrace your weaknesses & turn them into strengths, i guess

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

infernal machines posted:

the one and only infrastructure DC?

i keep forgetting that this happened and lol every time i remember/am reminded

so thanks for the lol

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nintendo Kid posted:

hmmm so all business "journalists" in canada use lovely phones you say

lol

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nelson MandEULA posted:

well then this might interest you

brooker owns so hard. if anyone hasn't watched the tv show he directed don't watch it because it's really hosed up but it's really good

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Thanks Ants posted:

i know youre talking about black mirror but he also wrote nathan barley and dead set which are also v. good.

did not know this, ty

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
is tgis real life?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
someone call rotor cuz WEBOS IS BACK BABY

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

8k views. yospos alone drove a non-insignificant percentage of those

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

NO...HILLS...IN BROOKLYN

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

SIGSEGV posted:

there was the pearl that would erase messages at random when running out of memory

i had one and it was worse than that. it would receive the message, confirm to the carrier that you received the message, flash the 'new message' icon for a split second without lighting up the notification led or playing a noise and immediately delete it. it would do this for every incoming message until you realized it was happening and restart the phone. oh and while using the phone it gave no indication that anything was wrong. everything still functioned like normal. i had a span of several days in college where i thought i hosed up somehow because everyone was ignoring me and everyone thought i was a dick for not responding to anything.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

ahmeni posted:

the pearl 8130 owners though were 99% just regular people and that no space text messaging thing was brutal and took two years to finally fix lol

when i found the bug i took it back to the verizon store and they told me to just update the OS. then of course i get home and find that there's no loving update.

then i bought an android which would receive texts reliably- but it'd delete all of them without warning every few months

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

minivanmegafun posted:

----

Kyocera K9, Samsung poo poo flip-phone, Treo 650, iPhone, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S
  • Sanyo camera flip-phone 💩
  • Motorola Razr :frogc00l:
  • blackberry pearl 💩
  • android DROID 💩
  • 4s
  • 5s
  • 6s

let's play 'guess when necc0 finally discovered a not-poo poo cellphone'

Necc0 fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 6, 2015

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
so did them going private via an external buyout not *technically* count since it wasn't a competitor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

The Management posted:

they're not private, they're still a public company

current stock price: $7.12 USD
market cap: $3.75 billion

arguably they are indentured to their lenders, who appointed the CEO and basically have a lien on everything now.

oh lol they only planned to go private but the deal
fell through and their stocks plummeted. I guess I missed that

• Locked thread