Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cmdr Tomalak
Aug 13, 2007

How long shall we stare at each other across the Neutral Zone?

cuntvalet posted:

Ooo, I want to hear more about Roma if you have more stories.

I don't have a lot of time right now, but just a quickie:

I work in a call centre in an abandoned mall. The mall has a...history of being cursed. There's a legend that says that natives were chased off their land to make for the development of the downtown core of my city. A native woman apparently cursed the area saying no business would ever thrive where the mall was eventually built.

And it never has.

Movie theaters, coffee shops, stores, barely anything has survived even when the downtown became the main hub for the local university.

So that's a bit odd.

I was sitting at my desk one day, it was pretty quiet, and we had a shitload of down time between calls, when out of nowhere there was this blood curdling scream. It somehow sounded close and far away at the same time.

Theresa, the girl who sits beside me turned and asked "You heard that too, right?" And I know a few other people who sit around us commented on it too, and looked really concerned.

Nothing else seemed to come of it but a bunch of us felt uneasy all day.

Nothing spectacular, but a fair few odd things have happened at this call centre.

I dunno probably don't have a call centre in the middle of an abandoned mall on cursed land. :iiam:

Brantford, Ontario, right? My family is from there (my grandparents still live there) and I grew up hearing all the native stuff, including the story about the curse.

My grandparents' house is from around 1865, it's always been in the family, and several people have died in it, but as far as we know, there's no ghosts. (Well, my grandma SWORE she saw someone walking through the hall once last year, but it was most likely just a really vivid dream)

However, my grandma also claims that back when she was a little girl, the house behind them was haunted with the sound of ducks quacking. Nothing else, just ghostly ducks quacking. The owners had a priest come in and bless the house, and they never heard it again. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread