Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Mister Bung posted:

On that note, I've not been back for some time - what the hell happened to GBS? Seems like it's haunted by the ghosts of FYADs past...

FYAD burst.

Anyone have anything saved from an old cryptids/generally creepy thread that popped up in GBS a few years ago? I remember there was one story about a weird white dog-centipede thing that they saw in (I think) an empty lot.

There was another story I read in one of the old ghost stories threads, which unfortunately isn't on Not Hot But Spicy, about the poster as a child with a group of friends, and they come across I want to say old foundations or structures, and the one kid is later found dead in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Hazo posted:

Neither of these are ringing a bell for me, but I'll keep a lookout. Too bad archives search is still down. Can you narrow it down to a time frame?

I want to say around 2010-2011.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

SourceElement posted:

I finally tracked that story down. Took for-freaking-ever, but I did it.

If you have archives, I found it in the 2010 thread. (WARNING: Link requires archives)

Credit goes to mistressminako who posted it in the old thread.

I also have a request! A few threads ago I remember some goon posting a story about student tenements in Chicago that were haunted as gently caress. Anyone have that story handy?

Thank you! Still delightfully creepy, and now I'm pretty convinced I need archives, because there are probably a LOT of really good stories that could be reposted.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

For your reading pleasure: (REQUIRES ARCHIVES)

Spring/Summer Ghost Story Thread (2011)
Winter Ghost Story Thread (2010)
Think ghosts are scary? You haven't heard of skin-walkers then. (2007)
Bizarre, unsolved mysteries (2008)
Summer Ghost Story.Paranormal Thread (2010)
Ghost Story Thread: Fall Edition (2008)
Summer '06 Ghost Story Thread (2006)
Catchall Urban Legend/Weird History/Ghost Story/Legend Tripping Thread (2007)
WRONG PLACES: Some places you're just not meant to go... (2007)
Gather around the campfire and tell urban legends from your area. (2007)
Ghost Story Thread - Summer Edition (2008)
Inaugural Rolling Paranormal/Cryptozoological Catch-All Thread (2008)
Ghost Story Thread - Fall 2007 (2007)
Summer Ghost Story Thread! (2009)
Ghost Story Thread - Spring Edition! (2009)
Winter Ghost Story/Weird Thread (2008)
Bizarre, unexplained poo poo you saw with your own eyes (2010)
Stories of creepy things that have happened to you (2010)
Fall Ghost Story thread! (2009)
Creepiest, Inexplicable Things That Have Happened in You Life (2008)
Ghost Story Time Again! (2002)
You want a ghost story, I'll give you a ghost story.[LONG] (2002)
Ghost Stories! (2003)
Summer 05 ghost story thread. (2005)
The Fall/Winter '05 Ghost Story Thread (2005)
Springtime Ghost Story thread - Fresh Weather, Fresh Stories (2006)
Fall '06 Ghost Story Thread (2006)
Ghost Story Thread - Winter Edition (2008)
True Goon Ghost Stories (2003)
Tales of a Ghost Hunter (2005)
Isn't it about time for another ghost thread? (2007)
Share your Ghost Stories (2006)
Share your ghost stories - The Holiday Special Edition (2006)
Time for another ghost story thread... (2006)
The Ghost Story Thread of Summer '04 (2004)
The Ghost Story Thread of Fall '04 (2004)
Not Another Ghost Story Thread (2004)
The Christmas Ghost Story Thread (2005)

And now...The Tale of Drum: Ghost Hunter

A couple years ago, I had gone on one of the Austin Ghost Tours, where they tell you about various deaths and murders, and take you to paranormal hotspots like the Driskill Hotel and various little parks downtown where people (usually the homeless) are known to have died. Not long after this, I was downtown again around 10 PM, and decided that I should see if I could stir up anything paranormal at one of these parks.

The particular park I went to is right near the Convention Center, and though its also near I-35, the sound of traffic wasn't all that noticeable. So I'm dicking around alone, a few blocks from the hotspot that is 6th street, alternating between recording with my camera and snapping photos.

That's when I hear it.

A low, garbled, wrong-sounding voice. I stop, snapping more photos, listening. The voice comes again. Still garbled, still wrong-sounding, but different. Several minutes pass, and the first voice comes back. It's...it's....

It was the loving Spanish and English announcements coming from the MetroRail station next to the park.

Goddamn MetroRail doesn't even operate at that time of night.

Flaccid Trip has a new favorite as of 19:28 on May 1, 2014

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Hazo posted:

Archives and search are both broken and there is no plan to fix them in the near future. So if you're like me and you enjoy reading the old threads, QCS has basically said "tough poo poo."

Well, isn't that delightful.

• Locked thread