Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

SheepNameKiller posted:

There may be more to the story that I'm missing, I don't get the significance of the Bible verses for instance and I doubt they were mentioned for no reason.

Tony is a demon, that's what you're missing. His name is Tony Zazel. Tony is short for Anthony, in other words A. Zazel. Azazel is a demon in Christian literature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Oh God that was amazing. I had to move from my den to the front room halfway through reading because the other room had windows behind me. Truly one of the most scary stories I've read on here!

Also, gently caress you, because it's 2 AM and I have to be up at 6 and oh poo poo I can't sleep now gently caress.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

cuntvalet posted:

I don't get scared by stories often. I run a horror blog and love horror in general.

That said...gently caress the Rambledown.

That is one of the scariest things I've read in my life, and I'm basically waiting on edge for my boyfriend to get home from work so I won't be alone. I'm refusing to move from my room right now, and half expecting to hear some sort of sound from somewhere else in the house.

I don't know what it is about that story but it got me. It really really got me.

For me it's the "hey, hey!" stuff in the vents and in the dark. I had a nightmare last night where I was in my laundry room, which has a 4' by 6' crawl space opening that's mostly uncovered. I was doing laundry in the dream and that drat voice started calling to me from that black dank hole to hell.

I'm getting men in to board it over on the weekend.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

SomeDrunkenMick posted:

Love the ghost story thread, I'm just reading through 50 foot ants stuff because I like the first story about the base up on the side of a mountain.
But the whole thing is getting weirdly sexual and it's kind of turning into some sort of masturbatory Mary Sue self insert action story. Should I stay reading does it get better?

It is totally a masturbatory Mary Sue action story, but that's why so many of us like it (or hate it). Personally I enjoy it for what it is: the novelization of the cheesiest action movie ever. It's the ghost story version of what the Expendables should have been. As for getting better, it pretty much stays sex-and-violence throughout with the occasional new character, one of which is a usually naked, half leprechaun, cold-immune, faerie queene, sex demon who uses Celtic Woman juju to get herself into the Army and tries to gently caress Tandy (I'm really not exagerrating).

Just to warn you though, it's long. Like really, really long.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
An excellent ghost story should make you wonder about whether or not it's really true, balancing on the tightrope of the unbelievable. I looked up this street in Texas, and there is in fact a house for sale, and it's creepy as gently caress, and I had dreams about it last night.
You have succeeded in making an excellent story.

• Locked thread