Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Jade Star posted:

You are here to be taken under the wing of one of X-Com's greatest commanders.

Unfortunately, he called in sick, so you'll have to follow Jade Star around. :v:

This game's good, I just recently got around to beating it sans expansion so I could feel a little less awkward about moving on to Enemy Within, though I ended up moving down to normal difficulty from classic to do so in a timely manner. Hopefully I can osmose some tricks, I stop by for your stream a lot but I'm kinda bad about paying attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Here's a name for the medal:
The "X-COM Presents"
Jade Star's Recognization
Haiku Of Honor

It'll never fit, but I spent long enough trying to hammer that into shape that I'm gonna post it anyway. :v: And a real vote for Aim/Will.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Hey Jade, any chance you could give us the play by play of the first 2/3 months of a fresh file at some point, so as to show off base-building in a universe where you don't drop everything at the end of march to rush a bunch of lucky satellites up?

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Veloxyll posted:

Hi, I'm Jade Star and I'm going to just stand here instead of advance on the aliens when I'm out of stun range.

I feel that Jade's stunning techniques should not be used as an example.

It's tricky to approach when the Rules of X-COM mandate that when you charge an alien to stun them, you'll step in a big pile of nastier aliens. My method of dealing with aliens that are weakened but two moves away from my arc thrower is to just smoke 'em and move on with my life. A good soldier is worth more than a single gun, especially when I can't use it. :v:

• Locked thread