Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eagerly waiting the completion and, around 5 years after the olympics, subsequent decay of all the buildings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

the toronto star had an article saying how each hotel had a metal detector. of course there were no guards anywhere nearby to stop people if they set it off

russia is serious about safety

Isnt there a somewhat serious threat of attack? Heard on the radio awhile back that some group or other made threats and had the capacity to follow through

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cthulu Carl posted:

What about deaths from Russian police opening fire and/or gassing crowds to contain the terrorist attack?

If there is an attack obviously 1:1. If there's no attack I'd say 1:2 so it's anybody's guess, really.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ZombieReagan posted:

Some uptight American went "a b-b-bribe, well that's ILLEGAL!!" and just froze...not understanding that it's just the way poo poo works over there.

yea who doesnt get a kick out of paying some drunk sack of poo poo just because you're trapped in the hairy armpit of the world

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seltzer posted:

To the idiot claiming people were selectively showing bad parts of Sochi, here vice put out a mini-doc on the place. Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_MBOeqSYVk

The best bit about this is how obvious it is that Putin and his buddies wanted the Olympics so they could do all this and make a bunch of money. Even if it's a loving wreck they won't care because they've already made the money and nothing significant will come of it.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nuns with Guns posted:

Who doesn't love pooping, looking up and beholding everyone else in the bathroom pooping as well?

These are going to fall and shatter right as someone's taking a steamer

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What channel is this poo poo on?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is the best olympics ever

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh poo poo it's Ivan Drago

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

i missed most of the live stream but i got here just in time to hear "be clean", putin declare war on the world and watch some jellyfish dance around

No those are peace swans you idiot fucker

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when are they lighting the loving fire did it go out again or something jesus christ

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please light the loving fire so i can go back to watching people almost die on the ski slope

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FUCKS SAKE

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
celebs post their reactions to the opening of the games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YmS_VDvMY

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
okay sochi either burn down or let's speed this poo poo up, thanks

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah so are we done here or what?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I thought so too, but apparently they all get together and do sports or something here soon

Yeah, but how soon? Is it going to be 8 hours until we're done with legos and street ambush interviews or are they getting this show going?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

freedom of speech protects you from government censorship

it doesnt mean you can say stupid poo poo without reprisal you racist oval office

lol if you think putin's squeeze is going to get any flak for this

ps

http://www.stream2watch.me/olympic-winter-games-sotchi/winter-olympics-sotchi-2014-opening-ceremony-live-stream

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spacedad posted:

Voted fi....four.

lol

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darth123123 posted:

So whats up with all the stray dogs anyways? Maybe this was covered, but someone told me it was because the locals got kicked out of their houses and the 'new' places they were shipped to didn't allow dogs.

A lot of them are likely owned by people who got their houses bulldozed to make room for everything. They're really fat and happy looking for a bunch of strays.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spacedad posted:

Actually, this whole thing was meant as a vanity project for him, and Putin is known to have a really fragile ego. So he's probably livid about all this right now.

I think he'll survive the ordeal considering the billions of dollars that have disappeared during the construction.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Again a lot of these dogs are obviously domesticated and fed to an extent. They've got to be from bulldozed houses :(

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cucktales Blogger posted:

So, a bunch of Canadian cities flew the Pride flag today to support LGBT athletes.

Rob Ford didn't like this, and when he showed up at city hall in Toronto, he ordered to have the flag taken down and replaced with a Canadian flag. Rob Ford doesn't have the authority to do that, so the flag stayed. In protest, Rob Ford taped a Canadian flag to the window of his office because he has the emotional maturity of a 12 year old.

Shouldn't he be plotting assassinations considering the city council went all Roman senate on him?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Galaga Galaxian posted:

As a typical ignorant American, who is Rob Ford and why should I laugh at him?

How did you somehow manage to miss the Crack Smoking Mayor of Toronto?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

conceitedguy posted:

the fail aids.

get the gently caress out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What in the gently caress is curling? From what I've gathered from watching it, some lady pushes a roomba on some ice and the two women have to clean the ice so it keeps moving or something.

• Locked thread