Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

redshirt posted:

My updated predictions for this Olympics is an over/under for terrorist attacks at 3, deaths at an over/under of 25, and Russia is made a laughingstock of the entire world. Even China laughs.

What about deaths from Russian police opening fire and/or gassing crowds to contain the terrorist attack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Arian_Samurai posted:

Winter Olympics Pyongyang 2018

Biathletes get to shoot dissidents.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I really want that gun in the tank sign.

I have no idea what it means, but I want it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

"Don't drive off with the gas pump still in your tank (ie attached to your car)"

Russian has angry and violent words for every normal, non violent thing.

That makes way more sense. I thought it was another warning sign in the bathroom, like that was a euphemism for a hanging turd.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Ape of Naples posted:

Wasn't there an Olympic Village map in Rainbow 6?

It was like the inner workings of a generic stadium that was supposed to be for the Sydney games. You had to defuse Ebola bombs.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

E.Nigma posted:

Is not leak, is indoors pool.

Don't swim in indoor pool. There is something dangerous in the water.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Germstore posted:

Space Disks is totally cancelled. Space Swords is totally Cancelled. Space Luge it totally cancelled, and all other events are pending.

Welcome to the Sochi Olympics, all the oxygen has run out*. And some dog who will not be named accidentally hit self-destruct.

*if we get more oxygen, do not breathe it. There is something dangerous in it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I hope tonight Bob Costas has pink eye in his other eye too.

And every night for the next two weeks, he gets an infection somewhere else and just gets progressively more red and swollen.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Fat Ogre posted:

Bob Costas apparently used the indeterminate amount of semen sheets and then washed his face with the yellow tap water.

Simple mistake comrade! This happen all the time. Best medicine is pour Wodka in eye and let dog lick tears away!

Maybe this is for the fluff piece they're working on for the retrospective at the end on the Olympics.

"Bob Costas Explores Sochi and Can Never Leave. Because He's Been Quarantined"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Philthy posted:

Not seeing any coverage of any of this on cable. I've got like 350 stations and not a single thing for the Olympics.

come onnnnnnnnnnn

CNBC curling coverage starts Monday :eng101:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lake Jucas posted:

Am I the only one who has noticed that the Sochi Olympics have turned into one big episode of Arrested Development for Putin?

"Is always money in Olympic Stadium, Mikhail."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

madeupfred posted:

our great russian innovations include: corn machine, hedgehog, water, alphabet

Corn mowing machine.

Typical American. :rolleyes:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ZombieReagan posted:

to be fair the cryllic alphabet might as well be random scribblings of a mad drunk

You mean that's NOT how cyrillic was developed?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

So, wait, who's bright idea was it to broadcast the loving Premiere League on NBC instead of, say, the goddamned Olympics?

"Team USA? That's not what Joe Public wants! He wants loving Liverpool or whoever the gently caress these Limey bastards are."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

zakharov posted:

It's on NBC Sports Network dude

Except I don't get their lovely sports network, and my internet is so lovely if I stream it, I can't do anything else.

And seriously, does the US really have THAT much of an investment in loving British soccer?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

you irl posted:

gently caress you nbc for showing the race in a tiny window while advertising under armor

"The athletes really love these because..." [drowned out by airhorns] "...And you know how the dimples on golfballs..." [More airhorns. And cowbells, and probably a vuvuzela or something.] "Back to you."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

actionjackson posted:

How much hair does Al Michaels have in his dye?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The American viewers only care about America, and maybe seeing our closest rivals and medal contenders. Japan/Mexico/Spain/Czech is up? Who cares, let's have another touching story about one of our American Competitors and their sister's dying wish. :911:

*Is NBC*

*Airs Premiere League 'footie' match live in US, shows only recorded TEAM USA HOORAH footage for Olympic coverage.*

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

What the hell is this event? I just turned it on a few seconds ago. Skiing and shooting things all in one event?

Biathlon is the poo poo.

Although it's probably ill-advised to make 'openly biathlete' jokes while in Russia.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Agrajag posted:

Biathlon, you can't get any more blue blood than this sport. Their biathlon rifles look cool as all gently caress, not sure why they look the way they do, but god drat they are cool.

I just hope they all have a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Didn't they get rid of women's softball in the Summer Games because the US basically destroyed everyone else?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

you irl posted:

Going by google's little icons, skeleton

One of the competitors - skeletoners? skeletonists? - during like the Torino games was doing it while a few months pregnant.

The most :black101: mom.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

YESSSSSS Costas still has the indeterminate amount of semen sheets eye infection.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

turnways posted:

this would make Max Payne 3 an olympic video game and i am okay with that

Max & Sonic at the Olympic Games 2016

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Level Slide posted:

Like I said before, put Breakdancing in the Olympics. I'm sure North Korea has some moves that they've been hiding for a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmKHuq-IxjM

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Rambling Robot posted:

the "doctor" is probably the local village idiot.

everyone gets jobs thanks to putin!

On Thursday when he first had to explain the eye thing, he mentioned the "NBC doctors" so I'm guessing they brought their own medical team.

And they probably know Costas and there for have given him the best medicine available.

Placebodrone.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

zakharov posted:

Ice dancing is so lame

That one announcer lady is saying 'twizzle' way too loving much.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

zakharov posted:

Both snowboarding commentators are named Todd

I think there was a couple years where the curling commentators had the same name. I wanna say 'Doug'.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

raditts posted:

I'll admit that I don't know anything about Rio beyond that it's in Brazil and they did a Fast and the Furious movie there and they have a giant stone Jesus doing the "safe" motion. What's so terrible about it that it will be worse than Sochi?

If 'An Idiot Abroad' is to be trusted, it's crowded, loud, you'll be forced to sleep in the bedroom-closet of a drag queen because 'that's the tradition', and when you finally run away to a nice quiet beach to watch the sunrise in peace, you'll get continuously mooned by the concessions guy who's literally only wearing a polo shirt as he gets his concessions stand set up.

Because it's a nude beach.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

You guys are assuming he didn't already have a mistress 15 years ago.

I mean, the announcers just made a big deal that the girl never smiles

How many of Russia's athletes are in fact Putin's progeny?:tinfoil:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I a few years we'll realize that fully a quarter of all bottlenose dolphins are related to Putin.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

ferengi spotted

p. sure Russian businessmen follow the Laws of Acquisition, so..

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

He should get extra points.
He's not even on a board.

Ya gotta give that guy credit on the recovery

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Is that Russian ice dancer's costume kevlar or something? He literally had her skates buried in his gut, and then again in his thigh, like danger close to his crotch :stare:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

redshirt posted:

drat figure skating is gay.

Men's doubles luge is the gayest of winter events, though.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

you irl posted:

why do i keep reading "muggles skiing"

It's better to read it as "Mongols skiing"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Why not a "Participant" ribbon?

Or a trophy with a guy bowling on the top?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Kerbal Skiing Program

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Greyhawk posted:

But is the elevator made of cardboard too? :ohdear:

I jus hope he doesn't hurt the elevator dog when he smashes his way out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I swear in like 2006 there was a "Women of Curling" nude calendar.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

• Locked thread