Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Anthony Scaramucci is already such great monologue fodder. Colbert was on fire last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_9oad2PpPM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaXlQOzPHK8

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Sir Lemming posted:

Anthony Scaramucci is already such great monologue fodder. Colbert was on fire last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_9oad2PpPM

Despite Jon Batiste's best efforts to ruin it that was a really good monologue.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Really enjoying the Jim Jefferies Show lately. Got some more episodes ordered as well.

His comparison of hunting as a hobby for rich people to a poor guy killing cats in his backyard was spot on.

https://youtu.be/dkngdqDwfEo?t=5m5s

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Jim was on a recent Nerdist podcast and was pretty good on there as well. I didn't realize he was an opera singer.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

The interview is as great as can be expected but HOLY loving poo poo THE ZOOMS.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

InfiniteZero posted:

The interview is as great as can be expected but HOLY loving poo poo THE ZOOMS.
Yeah I dont need to see Norms dandruff on the collar of his shirt. Or Lettermans nose.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

mcbexx posted:

Really enjoying the Jim Jefferies Show lately. Got some more episodes ordered as well.

I feel like JJS is what they kept trying to hit with shows like Problematic but they didn't have the correct balance of "comedian" to "woke" until now.

(I also feel Hood Adjacent is solid just for some of the absurd scenarios they get to set up.)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/tylerthecreator/status/892132564990820352

For context: Stephen Colbert talked with Tyler, the Creator about Elizabeth Taylor movies and made plans to watch them together.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvJqSdPv3cQ

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

how many comedians can we fit in one hour? find out now, on Comedy Central.

RIP @Midnight, i saw you live once and it was alright.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

how many comedians can we fit in one hour? find out now, on Comedy Central.

I've watched this show off and on for a few years now and the episode this week with the Kids in the Hall Crew was the best episode overall. :canada:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DC Murderverse posted:

Yeah same, for me it's "it was pretty funny that time you made fun of Kobe Bryant"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

RIP it was a good show to turn on while eating lunch for 10 minutes, until they pulled it from Hulu

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Is that LaBamba in the band after the commercial break?
Holy poo poo, he has been with Conan since 1993.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/08/arts/television/david-letterman-netflix-new-series.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Letterman is doing a Netflix series, 6 episodes a year or something. Good on him.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Colbert nabbed an interview with Scaramucci on Monday. That will be a thing...

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Sir Lemming posted:

Colbert nabbed an interview with Scaramucci on Monday. That will be a thing...

God, please let it be a full-on trash-talk of Trump venting about everyone and everything involved in that administration. The Mooch strikes me as a guy who'd let it all fly.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Steve Vader posted:

God, please let it be a full-on trash-talk of Trump venting about everyone and everything involved in that administration. The Mooch strikes me as a guy who'd let it all fly.

That would be the best, but would probably only happen accidentally, unfortunately. (To be fair, if anyone would be prone to such an accident, it's The Mooch.) If he wanted to let loose it would probably already be all over Twitter. Event TV just ain't what it used to be. Still, I'm morbidly curious.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S
Anyone see Conan did the lullabye song bit on thursday night? It was a nice flashback to the late night days.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9UUKBroqfE

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sir Lemming posted:

That would be the best, but would probably only happen accidentally, unfortunately. (To be fair, if anyone would be prone to such an accident, it's The Mooch.) If he wanted to let loose it would probably already be all over Twitter. Event TV just ain't what it used to be. Still, I'm morbidly curious.

His "joke" about murdering the writing staff was super creepy and awkward so there was that. The rest of it was just the standard guy who likes to suck his own dick trying to make mildly self deprecating jokes to try to make himself look good.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

IRQ posted:

The rest of it was just the standard guy who likes to suck his own dick trying to make mildly self deprecating jokes to try to make himself look good.

But enough about me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I posted this in Couch Chat, but it's worth a post here too. Today we lost the teller of the greatest story ever told on late night talk. RIP Jay Thomas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfygCxkQZeY

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Conan is filming in Israel right now and a lot of people are mad about it!

https://twitter.com/tinyrevolution/status/902286851498795008

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Man its almost like Bibi is an apartheid perpetuating, racist, dictatorial piece of poo poo who panders to the worst elements of his Zionist base by figuratively or literally beating up and killing Palestinians whenever his poll numbers take a dip, and Conan is "humanizing" him by pretending he's not a loving monster person and joking around with him

Its almost like that's the case

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
The optimistic view is to think they didn't think it appropriate to snub an invitation from a head of state and just did it out of politeness, and hopefully no footage of that meeting, if they filmed it, will actually air. Conan's twitter feed doesn't mention the meeting at least, which might indicate something of the sort. I'm hopeful that's the case and can give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, but yeah, it's still kinda gross.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Watching last night's Conan, I just have one question:
How the hell is Heather Graham 47 years old? Witchcraft! WITCHCRAFT!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mcbexx posted:

Watching last night's Conan, I just have one question:
How the hell is Heather Graham 47 years old? Witchcraft! WITCHCRAFT!

Time in the black lodge

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
How very Jordan to be so wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmRouEds_2A

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bobkatt013 posted:

Time in the black lodge
HOW'S ANNIE?!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Somehow even when a lot of people are either at a loss or just repeating the same tired cliches, Conan always seems to be able to articulate the right thing for the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfxCy0wj4uw

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

X-O posted:

Somehow even when a lot of people are either at a loss or just repeating the same tired cliches, Conan always seems to be able to articulate the right thing for the moment.

Ugh he's right :smith:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

X-O posted:

actually, his response forms a really nice triptych with Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Meyers responses. Conan speaks from the perspective of an entertainer, Kimmel from the perspective of a Vegas native (his inability to hold back his tears was really obvious and very heartbreaking), and Meyers from a pissed-off activist. I think Meyers' is the most to the point; he addresses the congresspeople directly, but not in a "you need to do something way" but in a "just be loving honest with us" way. there's no plea for his viewers to talk to their congresspeople, there's no call to action, just asking anti-gun control politicians to drop the bullshit and admit that events like this are just the price we are going to have to pay because of their fervor for the second amendment.

it is really depressing that i could make an incredibly accurate "late night massacre/tragedy address" bingo card filled with various cliches from all of the various responses from hosts on different days after different disaster.

also, god bless Jimmy Fallon for being the most oblivious lameass clown and opening not with a monologue about bravery of first responders, reflections on the nature of late night talk shows and their ability to communicate after a tragedy, or pleas to take action, but (and i swear to god this is real because i pinched myself after watching it and it is not just my fever dream) Miley Cyrus singing a Dido song accompanied by Adam Sandler

so you know what, Jimmy Fallon wins the "make me laugh the most in the face of tragedy" prize this evening, because nothing could top the sheer absurdity of Miley Cyrus and Adam Sandler solemnly covering a Dido song at the top of a coward's late night talk show.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DC Murderverse posted:

actually, his response forms a really nice triptych with Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Meyers responses. Conan speaks from the perspective of an entertainer, Kimmel from the perspective of a Vegas native (his inability to hold back his tears was really obvious and very heartbreaking), and Meyers from a pissed-off activist. I think Meyers' is the most to the point; he addresses the congresspeople directly, but not in a "you need to do something way" but in a "just be loving honest with us" way. there's no plea for his viewers to talk to their congresspeople, there's no call to action, just asking anti-gun control politicians to drop the bullshit and admit that events like this are just the price we are going to have to pay because of their fervor for the second amendment.

it is really depressing that i could make an incredibly accurate "late night massacre/tragedy address" bingo card filled with various cliches from all of the various responses from hosts on different days after different disaster.

also, god bless Jimmy Fallon for being the most oblivious lameass clown and opening not with a monologue about bravery of first responders, reflections on the nature of late night talk shows and their ability to communicate after a tragedy, or pleas to take action, but (and i swear to god this is real because i pinched myself after watching it and it is not just my fever dream) Miley Cyrus singing a Dido song accompanied by Adam Sandler

so you know what, Jimmy Fallon wins the "make me laugh the most in the face of tragedy" prize this evening, because nothing could top the sheer absurdity of Miley Cyrus and Adam Sandler solemnly covering a Dido song at the top of a coward's late night talk show.
Holy loving god :psyboom: Ahahahahahahaha

WHY DOES THIS EXIST

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruYeBXudsds

:smith:

Kimmel's speaking the truth here. He's barely able to speak it at times, but you can tell from that that he's really passionate about what he's saying.

Fallon's response to the Vegas tragedy seems so bizarre in comparison.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Fallon is really miscast as a late night show host. There's some level of "today's headlines" that need incorporating into jokes, but he's so lovely at satire it hurts him. He'd be better off with a variety show, just guests, bits, songs, and jokes, without any specific analysis of the day/politics.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

id say hed be best for daytime tbh

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Fallon really is the perfect successor to Leno. Safe, cowardly, painfully unfunny, and terrified to offend his 70+ year old target demographic. Milquetoast as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Holy loving god :psyboom: Ahahahahahahaha

WHY DOES THIS EXIST

Remember: this got through a lot of hurdles to get made. This was thought up, approved, run by management, approved again, run by the... let's call them "talent," who agreed to participate, they got in touch with Dido's publishing company (probably), approved, they paid a singer to lay down Adam's vocal track (that does not sound like Sandler), taught Sandler how to lip sync, and then they did it. All on very short notice, and that couldn't have been easy.

A lot of effort went into that. Many people were involved. Agreements were made. Releases were signed. Royalties and other fees were paid. A lot of people did a lot of legwork on this.

And they did it all to keep Fallon from talking. On his TALK SHOW.