Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

Goal, assist, fight.

E the Shaggy posted:

Let's see how much Leno shits all over NBC tonight and in the subsequent weeks even though they gave him literally everything he wanted except for one time.

The answer - all the time, in the most backhandedly petulant of ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

Goal, assist, fight.

Conan replacing Dave was a random revelation that I had last night too. It could very well be set up for him...network timeslot, NYC studio, everything.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

Goal, assist, fight.

David Letterman just announced his retirement. His last show will be in 2015.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

Goal, assist, fight.

I've watched Dave for as long as I can remember. I even remember when I was really little, watching what might've been Late Night on a family vacation, where I thought the monologue went on for a really long time.

I've watched the Late Show forever. Even when I watched other shows, I always followed Letterman. Some of it might've been how internet-savvy the other shows were, some of it might've been the timing of the thing. (During my first two college years, from the fall of 2006 to the spring of 2008, I could watch the Daily Show, Letterman, Conan, and Colbert, in order, thanks to great scheduling and CC's rerun schedule. It was fantastic, and I hated college anyway so it was a wonderful late-night escape.)

I will deeply miss the Late Show with David Letterman.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

Goal, assist, fight.

Rupert Jee!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

Goal, assist, fight.

Hopkins FBI posted:

Mods, please change the thread title to David Letterman: He's Gone Already, Chief.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

Goal, assist, fight.

pwn posted:

That's heartbreaking. But at least I'm pretty sure Dave would find it hysterical.

This also seems to neatly answer the question I had earlier of, "Why Wednesday?" I had considered the need for every possible minute to build Colbert's set, but man. Did not think they would be so horrible about it. That set belongs in a museum.

The thing is, if you do it today, you know it's getting in the news somehow. Do it over the weekend, where you won't have people mad about it.

Or, you won't have guys like me, if I was there, trying to grab souvenirs.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

Goal, assist, fight.

Djarum posted:

I am kind of amazed that at least parts of it weren't taken by the Smithsonion since you know Dave is a huge part of American history now.

But like the audience chairs and whatnot could have been sold and made a huge chunk of change for someone. I know a lot of people who own seating from various sports venues that have been demolished and they paid quite a bit for them. I am pretty sure that there is just as many people out there that would buy Letterman seats. Hell, I'd scrape together the cash for one.

To the first part, I'm pretty sure that's where the one intact bridge that's seen in the photos is going.

To the second, CBS is losing out on a goldmine by not selling Letterman artifacts. I'd buy various things, and I know a bunch of others that would too.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

Goal, assist, fight.

pwn posted:

This is a big carepost of graphics as aired on the show in the past 6 weeks.

This is amazing. Thank you, so, so much for doing this. It's everything that I wanted but did not know how to do.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

Goal, assist, fight.

Chand0X posted:

Colbert's bandleader has been announced. It will be Jon Batiste.

This is gonna own so hard

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

Goal, assist, fight.

STEPHEN STEPHEN STEPHEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

Goal, assist, fight.

Colbert's Late Show has been so wonderful so far. It just produces so much joy. It is a joy factory.