Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Conan playing along to a full performance of Free Bird with Will Ferrell was a great last show as well. In fact Conan's whole final week on the Tonight Show was a thing of beauty and I wish I had all those episodes saved for eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

I finally found a Conan clip I've been looking for since it aired in 2005, on Myspace of all places:
https://myspace.com/322808816/video...harms/102241207

It's when Conan got sent a Chocolate Lucky Charms duffle bag. When the audience member flashed the gang sign I couldn't stop laughing. I thought I'd never see this again.

wa27 fucked around with this message at Feb 10, 2014 around 19:34

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

hcreight posted:

By the way if you're looking for a routinely funny bit from Conan's current show I recommend checking out the Clueless Gamer series. Conan's sense of humor and total lack of pretension about video games make him a more fun watch than 99% of the people who cover them for a living.

Or at least just watch the Tomb Raider episode.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Well this is just getting ridiculous now!

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Musical act in the middle of the show?

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

insert_funny posted:

Craig Ferguson announced last night that he and Drew Carey are swapping jobs on April Fools Day; Drew does The Late Late Show, and Craig runs rampant over The Price Is Right.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_late_...show-3-17-2014/

You don't announce your april fools gags. Come on!

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Deadpool posted:

The entire Mike Birbiglia and James Van Der Beek thing on Late Night was also fantastic. But the best part was James talking about Last Call.

James: "I even did the Carson Daly show where you sit at the bar and talk to Carson that's on.... well nobody knows when it's on. But it's on sometime."
Seth: "Next. It's on next."

And James just gets this look on his face of complete embarassment. Then turns and points at the camera.

James: "Stay tuned for Carson Daly next!"
Seth: "The network is going to be really happy."
James: "It's really on next?"
Yeah that was really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQooxO88Z_s

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Someone uploaded TPiR to youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mEhFxvG-vQ

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

That would fuckin' suuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Colbert is still a funny person.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

I am curious if he'll continue to pronounce his name with the silent 't'. I've said it Col-bear for so long it would be wear to talk about Stephen Col-Bert.

That's not part of his schtick, that's just how you pronounce it.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

I was trying to think of other celebrities named Craig that CBS could find to continue the hosting trend, but I don't think there are any.

Once Ferguson leaves, I'll probably check out of Late Night shows for a while. Conan doesn't really do anything for me anymore. Fallon does some great bits but I'd rather just catch them on Youtube than watch his whole show. The intimacy of Craig's show was what pulled me in and nobody else really does that. We'll see what Colbert and the new Late Late Show host have up their sleeve, but I'm not holding out much hope.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

What the gently caress is this I'm hearing about Norm MacDonald getting The Late Late Show? Is this just a thing he started on Twitter, or is there some article that says he's in the running?

As much as I would love it, there's no way that would happen. His show on Comedy Central and his interview podcast last year were flops.

If anyone didn't check out his podcast yet, it's pretty great:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RLhgUYVIsk#t=3985s

The only way I could see that happening is if Letterman really pushed for it, which actually happened years ago. Norm was passed over for Craig Kilborn after Letterman pushed for him to host.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

I've got a pretty good cable package but I didn't get Arsineo when he was on, and it sounds like this is the same networks? Hopefully I'll at least be able to watch it.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Craig's new show looks about as good as Jane Lynch's Celebrity Game Night, which was pretty bad. The only good celebrity game show was Match Game. The format of Pyramid and Password never really appealed to me though.

Is Craig still planning on doing a half hour talk show on UPN or whatever that weird channel was?

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

ufarn posted:

I don't get why people would watch Conan unironically.

Mostly people who grew up watching him.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Akbar posted:

Here's the schedule of guests for Craig's final three weeks. I'm guessing some slots are still open. I don't care about Kunal Nayyar to see him for two segments.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_late_show/news/1003415/

Pretty good lineup overall. Kristen Bell, Jay Leno, Mila Kunis, Ariel Tweto, Rashida Jones, Drew Carey, Steve Carell, Dave Attell, and Larry King stand out to me.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Robnoxious posted:

If only there was another show during the same time that's been ad libbing and improving the entire concept the entire time...

After December 19th: "If only..."

Only one more month.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Robnoxious posted:

The Bell won't not be on.
Must have been a last minute scheduling conflict.

Tweeto is so
I love her.

drat, that's a shame.

What is the latest youtube channel hosting the Late Late Show? I need to catch up on the final episodes.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Craig did get Kristen Bell on for the intro tonight at least.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Hahaha Craig's end scene was perfect.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

The intro was pretty great, too.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

I feel like Craig just got better and better every year and went out at the peak of his late-night game. Geoff never started to feel stale, and somehow neither did Secretariat. He made smart changes when things weren't working, like reducing the puppets and dropping the soundboard robot voice for Geoff. The show changed a lot over its course, but IMO it was always improving and getting funnier, which is crazy for a show that was on for ten years.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

Ever since Fallon started he wanted a Saved By The Bell reunion. It finally happened (minus Screech and Lisa)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MftOONlDQac

That was great; I guess having the Tonight Show instead of Late Night was enough to get Tiffani Thiessen to finally agree. Too bad they couldn't get Lisa.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Mo0 posted:

I knew that was fake when it said $1,000 toss up on the third toss up

What have I done with my life

I've never understood Wheel's scoring system.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

These are good jokes.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

funtax posted:

Did anyone care when Leno retired? I literally don't remember anything about it.
Which time?

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

I'm glad they played the kids clip because I'm still laughing at the "hi rachel" girl. Wish I could find that on youtube.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Kinda weird that it's being sold by Igor Vamos.

I hope whoever buys this puts it up in their tiny apartment like Kramer.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Space_Butler posted:

Paul Rudd is on Conan tonight and unfortunately, because of Marvel being so powerful, they had to just show a clip of Ant-Man.

It never, ever gets old

That somehow totally got me

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

"the late show with ____" logos everywhere.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Why does CBS have the first episode listed as 9/8/1915?

Y2K bug strikes again!

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

They need to get rid of this poo poo:

I haven't watched since the first night. Did he do this format on the 2nd and 3rd shows? I assumed the post-monologue, pre-interview slot would be a rotating bit like every other show, and that this was just one of the bits they would come back to every so often.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

quote:

Clinton has previously appeared on several late night shows, including “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart,” “The Late Show” and others.

Arsenio still getting no respect.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Iowa Snow King posted:

A cable channel called AntennaTV is playing reruns of Carson now.

Most misleading network name ever?

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Za8BtLgKv8

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

pwn posted:

Don't forget - Special Prime Time show on Saturday, December 31st, 10/9c

They uploaded what appears to be a preview clip from the show a few days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI_ncxH2ta0

Does this mean the return of the Late Night central time-zone countdown??

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Sounds like one night a week on TBS, and daily youtube content going up. It probably sucks to be a talk show host in an age where you're only relevant if you can make viral videos on a regular basis.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Remember that time when Colbert wasn't absolutely crushing everything in the ratings? Like it definitely happened, but it seems so long ago.

https://news.avclub.com/stephen-col...he-r-1825336857

Even more impressive to me is that Kimmel is right behind Fallon.

What late night show does the older demographic even watch anymore? Fallon is the softest on Trump but he spends half his shows having emjoi lipsync battles while riding hoverboards with Justin Timberlake.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

That really sucks that he's losing the band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

Conan's drummer has got a real Buddy Rich look going on with the suit and that grin. Even kind of looks like him in the face sometimes.

«2 »