Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
An OJ joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Marky Mark speaking the truth.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
As a fan of relentlessly mocking Justin Bieber, I'm actually ok with the frequency, I just wish the quality were better.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I haven't seen the episode yet but that seems like a pretty solid indicator of why Leno is getting kicked off this time.

Who wants to see a 60+ year old dude mock Justin Bieber a bunch to an audience of other 60+ year olds?

I mean, I think I've laughed a couple times, none of which were actually Leno.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

E the Shaggy posted:

This whole thing just seems so bitter.

Ewww loving Kim Kardashian? Seriously?

Bitter is Leno's bread and butter. I think Fallon will be able to hold on to Tonight better than Conan, but we have not heard the last of Jay Leno.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Waffleopolis posted:

I am currently not watching it, sitting in a chair quietly thinking to myself. Is what I'm doing better than what's going on?

Yeah, but Fallon starts in a few, you should watch that. Or Craig, whatever floats your boat.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Somehow, the tears and platitudes don't mean as much the second time around.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress Garth Brooks, Fallon knows how to go out in style, and that's Muppets.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know, I know this is said a lot, but it bears repeating: if you told pretty much anyone ten years ago as Jimmy Fallon left SNL that in ten years, he'd be taking over The Tonight Show, they'd laugh you silly, but not only is he doing that, he's bringing it back to New York and is probably (hopefully) gonna end up doing the show better than anyone save Johnny loving Carson.

Jimmy Fallon, I know you can't hear me, but you are one awesome dude, and I genuinely hope you host the show for the next thirty years.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Conan, for whatever reason, has never gotten me like he has a lot of people. I love the classic Norm interview, but that's more Norm being Norm than anything. He doesn't do anything particularly interesting with the interviews, which is the reason to watch Craig, he doesn't have an awesome band like The Roots that allows Jimmy to do all of those awesome musical bits, and he doesn't really do much in the way of characters/impressions like Fallon either. He's also not super great during the monologues, so that pretty much leaves just the recorded bits/sketches, which definitely can be funny, but it just doesn't add up for me. He's a distant third, and might even be behind Kimmel in my mind as well.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is Jimmy Fallon the luckiest man in the world? He might be drat close.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I did not know Steve Higgins was from Iowa.

Go Iowa!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CapnAndy posted:

Leno's audience are the last people who need "I'm going to come out every night and make jokes about things that happened today" explained to them!

On the other hand, when's the last time someone has actually said something funny while they were awake and watching the Tonight Show?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hcreight posted:

Ok I laughed at "Lesbian Screech".

Making fun of Charlie White was the highlight of that bit, because he does look like a town crier circa 1487.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Time to trot out the famous people we have backstage.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Fallon should put this money in a trust for when Leno comes back in 15 months.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What the gently caress did Mike Tyson just give him?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Colbert, cannot top that.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

So uhh, Lindsay Lohan looked REALLY BAD, but that goes without saying.

Nono, that was Joan Rivers.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did I miss something? Lindsay wasn't in there, the only two women who looked old were SJP and Rivers, and they both... are old.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Huh, I did just miss her or whatever.

Will Smith doing what he does best: Remind me of 80s rap.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe that they got all of those people but couldn't get Alfonso Ribero. Is GSN that strict with their contract?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bono; if you want
to help poor people sell your
tinted shades, you oval office

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Goddamn if the NYC skyline isn't the most beautiful thing in the world

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CapnAndy posted:

You missed Lohan, but also Tina Fey, Kim Kardashian, Mariah Carey, and Lady Gaga.

None of them looked old though.

And seriously, how could you list all of them but not Eva Longoria?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah true. Obama went on Fallon's Late Show several times. I just hope he can maintain this abnormal show structure, really, as that would definitely keep things interesting.

Michelle is a guest this week already. I think Fallon has the best booker in late night, because ain't no way a president would ever go on Conan or Craig (either of them, really), but he had Obama on a couple times.

Craig Ferguson is a close second, but only because it seems like once he gets someone on once, they're hooked. Especially pretty lady actresses. I think it's the accent.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hank hill irl posted:

Because she wasn't there?

What the gently caress, have I developed celebrity face blindness without knowing?

And why in god's name are they playing this music for Denzel?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Josh Lyman posted:

The person who looked closest to Eva Longoria was Kim Kardashian.

That must be it.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

How does Will Smith manage to avoid aging?

Scientology. They take all of the aging that their famous celebrities would do, and transfer that to Travolta.

See: Cruise, Tom. Beck.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hcreight posted:

I wonder how Tina Fey and Lindsay Lohan interacted backstage between Mean Girls and the fact that 30 Rock openly made fun of Lohan a few times.

I think LiLo tries to keep good humor about herself. She's hosted SNL a couple times since then, and she does the occasional "making fun of myself" bit.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Will loving Jada backstage.

Alright.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mother of god, he's one of the best looking 45 year olds in existence.

Here is a picture of a 51 year old man:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Huh, Meyers is starting his show off with Lena Dunham and Joe Biden. I don't think they're on the same night, but I'd love to be in the room to hear that conversation. I can't think of two people less equipped to talk to each other.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hcreight posted:

hahaha Seth Meyers got Joe Biden y'all

His first night is Biden and Leslie Knope. How loving perfect?

The next night is Kanye. I'll be tuning in at least through Tuesday.

Don't you dare besmirch Curling, Will Smith.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Fun fact: Jaden Smith has pretty much the same haircut as Morrissey does in that picture.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hcreight posted:

Fallon just called The Smiths an emo band. Hipster rage incoming.

I mean, aren't they? They're like, The Emo Band, them and Joy Division.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bono: What A Douchebag

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I like that the drummer has a visceral need to be seated somewhere behind the other three. The fact that it's loving up this shot is just gravy.

He looks like he's pouting.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, Bono, the guitar being red is enough, you don't have to put your dumb label on it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They just about cost NBC a whole bunch of money there.