Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

I still think that nothing will top old timey baseball.

Old Timey Baseball and picking apples with Mr T are probably tied as my top two favourites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Yeah, heaven forbid NBC goes with a known quantity instead of handing over one of their most prestigious shows to a guy who does free radio on the internet.

All that you're saying here is that you have no awareness of stuff like Mr. Show or stand-up comedy in general.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Megazver posted:

No, no she's not. You're just being grumpy because she's not your boo-boo Drew. It's okay, man. It's cool. She doesn't need to be.

Yeah, I really don't get all of the hate for Aisha Tyler as host of Whose Line. The mix of games and the reliance on guest stars made the first season feel a bit off, but I feel like she's really been doing well as host, especially now that the whole show is feeling a bit more natural. It definitely does feel like a lot of people just harp on that because it's the one obvious change.

I think she'd be great as host of LLS, too. (Unless it interferes with Whose Line, I'm so happy to have it back!)

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at May 7, 2014 around 23:28

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Wait, what? Whose Line is back on? When and what channel?

CW on Fridays! Partway through the second season currently! (Or, 10th season, depending on how you look at it.)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

rujasu posted:

Honestly, part of my problem is that she IS trying to be Drew on the show, constantly parroting the "and the points don't matter" crap

Seriously? You think she's trying to be Drew because she says the scripted catchphrase that the US version has always had?

I would like it if she participated in the games. But I don't think Clive ever did, either. So if you don't want her trying to be Drew...

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at May 8, 2014 around 13:56

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

MikeJF posted:

He'd run out of willing guests pretty quick.

He could develop a new late-night format based around heckling the audience.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I've gone from being kind of skeptical about this and sad about Craig leaving LLS.... to very excited!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

So Craig plans to take his sidekicks, and presumably his crew to host a show similar to the one he has now in the same studio, which begs the question - Why is he leaving in the first place?

Maybe he really wants to host that game show as well?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Terminally Bored posted:

The talk part of his show is really stiff and boring.

For what it's worth, the longer interview format that he does for online-only can be pretty good... there was a roundtable discussion of Simpsons writers recently that was great!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

wa27 posted:

Craig's new show looks about as good as Jane Lynch's Celebrity Game Night, which was pretty bad.

I've watched two episodes now, it's actually pretty fun. Craig gets a lot of time to be himself. (One round has him describing the celebrities/characters).

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ufarn posted:

I don't get why people would watch Conan unironically.

Because he still sometimes does stuff that is very funny? It's no apple-picking with Mr. T, but what is?

I do kind of wish they'd shake up his format a bit, though, I mostly just watch his online stuff now.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Krieger's going to be jealous.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

insert_funny posted:

Regis Philbin is doing The Late Late Show this week.

From New York.

On the CBS This Morning set.

With no audience.

Does he have a guest/has it been announced who it is, yet?

Because that could be great, but it would really depend on the guest(s)!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Conan playing Marshawn Lynch in Mortal Kombat X at a Courtyard Marriott is easily one of my favorite things he's done on this show in a while

Thank you for alerting me to the existence of a new Clueless Gamer segment.

(I love that they put them online!)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Thanks!

His look of utter confusion and disdain as they talked about Mario Kart was great.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

pwn posted:

We stayed quiet and polite until your little monkey fella finished up and left.

Now I'm picturing a thread full of Dr Emilio Lizardos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

To be fair, Patrick Stewart was publicly making GBS threads on him at the time. Can't really blame him for retorting.