Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I still like Conan more than Fallon but at this point I would take almost anyone over Jay Leno. Seriously I didn't even bother with even watching his second final episode but it sounds like it was just as bad as he's always been.

Fallon definitely improved though which is awesome. I still remember watching his first 2 years thinking he was terrible and was dragging the roots down, good for him. I'm kinda wary on Seth Myers though because I never thought he was funny at all but we'll see how it goes I guess. Late night is finally (almost?) all funny again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Say what you will about Fallon but he did get better compared to his first few months. I invite you to watch those again because holy poo poo he was so bad when he started.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hahaha this off to a great start. Good jay Leno jokes.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Nnnnnnot sure that the audience needed monologues explained to them, Jimmy.

The audience for the tonight show has been Leno for so long they need to know he's gonna actually say jokes. And you, not be Leno.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
A spike lee joint you say.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hahahahahaha Colbert. This is loving great.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Petition to change the thread title to: Late Night Talk Show Thread '14 - "Welcome to 11:30, bitch!"

Yes

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This is the best thing Will Smith has done in years.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Guys, how the gently caress is Jimmy Fallon outdancing Will Smith

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wait when did Lohan show up? What the gently caress.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Seth Meyers' first show is probably going to suck a whole lot after seeing Fallon's first show, huh?

Oh its going to be bad.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Haha even Bono realizes frozen will win the oscar.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hahaha alright that was pretty loving good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I like this and the song they performed on the roof. They aiiiiight.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yoshifan823 posted:

Man, tomorrow night's show is a really, really hard sell, especially because they're premiering the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer on Kimmel.

Also, you know... Seinfeld.

Kimmel sucks though.

E: Also both of these U2 songs are leagues better than their last album. Probably not a high bar but I still like old U2. Its alright.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Fallon has really come a long way.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Oh poo poo he still runs through the audience. That's actually really cool I didn't think NBC would let that fly on Tonight.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So this is basically weekend update.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat Fred is really good on this. But Seth is just a bit bland or vanilla I guess. He's not really offensively bad but he's just there.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

pwn posted:

yeah and stuff

Here's the opening, and Seth's Letterman story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO7MfnOL0Xo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n9jGGypGHs

You know, A for effort, 8G Band, but it's not as easy as it looks to play like the World's Most Dangerous Band, is it.

Is Fred armisen not there anymore?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Oh my god

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Oh poo poo Jim Carey's beard

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hahahaha ohhhh poo poo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah of course it was going to be bill, honestly gently caress Jay.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I loved Dave asking bill if he was ok because he saw him fall on tv yesterday hahaha

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

funtax posted:

I want him on because that would mean Dave wins. BEND THE KNEE, LENO. BEND THE KNEE.

Did anyone care when Leno retired? I literally don't remember anything about it.

I don't remember anyone at all making big deal about it both times he got off the tonight show.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hahaha that image of Dave being #3 in late night right next to Jay Leno being #1 (but at what cost Jay?).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

realtalk

gently caress jay leno forever

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i have no clue how leno got those ratings

i can't name a single person in my life- friend, family, coworker, etc- that ever spoke of leno outside of the nbc feud between him and dave/conan

was he big on the west coast or something? I just can't understand it at all

Olds love him

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lmao Dave's kid hates him so much right now.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Oh man now I'm gonna get all misty eyed

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Jay Leno spotted in the montage

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Craig wasn't good. And celebrity game show is also terrible. You people are insane.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Toxxupation posted:

I'm watching Letterman's last show and by god was that monologue terrible

Do you like anything? Like at all?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Watching this at work today since I don't have cable or tv or an antenna or whatever and that monologue got me goooood

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Actually couldn't believe that Colbert schooled him so hard on Reagan and then the constitution.

Cruz got loving destroyed

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Its pretty funny seeing a lot of you goons bitching about how Kevin Hart is a bad first guest considering he's probably one of the biggest comedians in the planet right now. I don't like him either, but cmon now its not like this guy is a nobody.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wake me up when the conan hbo show is out, if it ever materializes that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Vegetable posted:

He’s paying all his staff, even those not working on the podcast. At half wage sure but it’s absolutely wild that he’s doing so.

Conan is the GOAT