Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Holy poo poo, Barbershop Quartet version of R. Kelly's Ignition Remix on Fallon is incredible :allears:

Wonder if we're going to get a surprise R. Kelly appearance with Gaga later tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

We're losing him, get me a baseline, stat!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Hell yeah, about time somebody took the Postal Service down a notch.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It's pretty crazy how such an unfunny stand up comedian starred in my all time favorite TV show. The writing really went a long way.

I think his comedy was probably a lot fresher when he started out. It's not totally his fault that other people have run his style into the ground, it's just his fault that he's been unable to adapt or comprehend any of the past decade of cultural development.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

"Favorite food?"
"................CARNITAS!"

e: Haha oh my god, now she's singing karaoke to One Direction :swoon:

If I'd tuned in in the middle of that I'd have thought it was a Tegan and Sara riff.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Just turned on the teevee, is this lady on Fallon the new SNL cast member?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Obviously it's way too early to make a judgement on Meyers or the show, but I felt like that entire monologue bombed pretty bad; it was pretty uncomfortable throughout. The pacing just felt unnatural, for whatever reason it comes across way different than when he's sitting behind a desk with a nifty graphic to the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Meyers was always flat and boring on SNL too. He had no personality.

I liked him on Weekend Update mostly because he played a good straight man to all the characters. I'm still not sure how that's going to translate to this format. If they're trying to play things as conventional as they looked last night, I don't know if it's going to work. At the very least he's in need of a sidekick.