Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm posted:

Maybe I'm just daft, but I'm not getting this joke....is the joke that Colbert looks like a vampire impersonating a human?...I dunno, the skit is obviously going over my head

You don't watch saturday night live, do you...

"Holmeland's Many Patinkin"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I get what you're saying, actually. In a recent episode Louis C.K. reminisced about Colbert and said he was a 'wierd looking' person. IDK if that was serious or not, but still its something.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
i dont know what it says about me that it looks like the tonight show used a fleshlight foot in Gal Godot's box of lies game...

Ive been on the internet way too long :(

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
did Colbert's show take friday off, and replaced the Oliver segment with the president thing, leaving the rest of the show the same as wednesday's?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah

they mentioned they were gonna do that for repeats

ok. at first i thought i was going crazy seeing woody harrelson come out again lol

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

Jesus Christ. Fallon films in Hollywood yeah? They must have literally stuck their head out the door of the studio grabbed the first two recognizable names they could see.

Nothing says touching tribute to the fallen like Adam Sandler and Miley Cyrus.

Kimmel is hollywood. Fallon is decidedly NYC due to SNL and friends. They had already been hyping miley cyrus for all of this week due to her new single/album/ep/whatever, but i have no idea where sandler fits in

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Adam Sandler's nepotastic money tree

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
7k ft2 of space and 4.5 bathrooms and yet only 2 bedrooms???

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
IDK hes pretty good drunk with jack whitehall on the 2012 BFQotY - 'Lobstromonous'

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
DAMMIT, Louis! Why??? Ughhhhh

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

IRQ posted:

You might be the only person who didn't already know about Louie's problems with whipping out his dork.

Probably. My only knowledge of him is his specials on netflix and he has a couple shows.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
FYI netflix (US at least) has Conan without Borders up to Italy (if it's all chronological)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Wait, is that jordan schlansky as spock?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
It was set up as a very clear ending, too, after the whole snuu snuu thing

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Right up until they showed the clip, I had always thought that Wahlburgers was just something the conan writers made up. Nope; it's had ten seasons for real :psyduck:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Oh she made that? The one with Emma Thompson?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Did he do the same routine for each show? Cause I watched the seth meyers show from last night and it was downright poo poo

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Lilly Singh's show started this week, and while it definitely has the pilot feel, it does have some potential. (Though Tony is America's favorite cameraguy)

They really need to create more of their own tone rather than ape the tonight show, too.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

pwn posted:

I feel like in a year it’ll be solid. I hope she utilizes the unique opportunity of the time slot to do more innovative poo poo.

She’ll have a 1-hour special in prime time at 10:01/09:01c tonight, btw.

I really enjoyed the sex monologue from last night's show. Some of the jokes were corny, sure, but it kinda had a great wholesome feel to it.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
i dunno about that but I love this Geoff bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAHSUTB5BJc

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Did everyone (Conan, Larry King et al) know it was going to be turned into this before hand or was it though up afterwards?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
There already is a youtube video on him

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I know this is late night talk show-adjacent, in the same category as Last Week Tonight and Full Frontal, but Hasan Minhaj's Patriot Act has just started up again with him in front of a green screen for the graphics rather than his awesome LED display stage thing.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
..... His hair.....

wow what a snipe

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Why is jack Whitehall going on Fallon? To promote his special where he fails to realize that an enormous portion of America cooks toast in toaster ovens rather than conventional toasters?

Also how the gently caress does he sell out 10k seat arenas?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

piratepilates posted:

His father is also

I don't know how much that has to do with it and Jack's success in general, but it's there.

Almost certainly. He uses his dad a ton, like with travels with my father.

And his appearance on that one 90's bfq show with his fear of blobby is always a classic to me.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Is it him or Seth that makes the looks like a lesbian joke? Or both?

Also hes like twice her size lmao

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
lmao Conan got the property brothers on to renovate Jordan's office. They seem to be fans of conan which is rather neat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SYKA00eFWY

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
'Presented by SNICKERS(R)'

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Speaking of Seth, he's starting to look like the 'my hair is a bird' Nick Cage

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Christmas episode... in October?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Boy, I rather feel bad for the guy :smith:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
guys I think the lack of an audience is getting to the Late Night's writer room...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exPAh0wAqA8

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Yeah I like Llily Singh a lot :shobon: I'm very glad she's finding her groove. It didn't quite make sense for a youtube person to move to a traditional talk show format, and I'm glad what I've seen shows she's moving away from that a bit. She deserves success :)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
chuck schumer on corden???

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Megazver posted:

Imagine a video that's just Seth Rogen, Nick Offerman and Ricky Gervais laughing for an hour.

dont forget jimmy carr

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

pwn posted:

EDIT: ^^^ :woop:

Conan can’t even get through his final days without taking a week off. Everyone else is doing shows this week. If you missed it, Cleto and the Cletones returned to the studio last week! Kimmel’s been having single or couple guests in the audience, hopefully they get the full audience again soon. SNL wrapped up their season with one, Fallon is still having limited capacity but if SNL went whole hog then maybe he’ll do so too this week? Maybe Seth will Drag the 8G Band back into 8G? Colbert has been itching to get back into the Theatre proper.

The NBC shows are off next week, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the rest are, as well. Conan made some allusion to doing the last two weeks of his show with an audience, but I couldn’t tell if it was a joke or not. Not sure if they’d do it at Largo or his studio, if WB hasn’t gutted that set by now.

And if you missed it last week, on the Seth Meyers Spectacular, Action Bronson was scheduled but couldn’t make it. And if that wasn’t great enough, to be spared hearing and seeing Action Bronson, Seth interviewed cue card impresario Wally Feresten!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KFA8-Sor3E

And on the subject of Seth: More Corrections!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2LpVQiUdOs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCveuvReB9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAuUtgBDjbI

Schedule for the week starting 2021.05.24
Subject and likely to change

Colbert
Monday - Anthony Anderson, Dr. Francis Collins
Tuesday - Gayle King, BTS
Wednesday - Will Arnett, Brockhampton
Thursday - Bradley Whitford, Carlos Wilson

Corden
Monday - Don Cheadle, Rafe Spall
Tuesday - Andrew Rannells, TBA
Wednesday - Jonas Brothers, Leif Vollebekk
Thursday - Emily Blunt, Elle King

Kimmel
Monday - Elizabeth Banks, Danny Pudi, The Band Camino
Tuesday - Lena Waithe, Kelvin Harrison Jr, Allison Russell feat. Brittney Spencer and Brandi Carlile
Wednesday - Emily Blunt, Diego Boneta, American Idol Winner
Thursday - Emma Stone, Rory Scovel, Chloe Moriondo

Fallon
Monday - Dave Grohl, Lil Nas X, Blake Shelton
Tuesday - Kevin Hart, Chrissy Metz, St Vincent
Wednesday - Sofia Vergara, Jack Antonoff, Bleachers
Thursday - Michael Douglas, Billy Porter, Mustafa
Friday - Julianne Moore, Dave Bautista, Twenty One Pilots

Seth
Monday - Ewan McGregor, Casey Wilson
Tuesday - Jake Tapper, Paul W. Downs
Wednesday - John Krasinski, Donny Deutsch, Dodie
Thursday - Joel Edgerton, TBA

Conan
Reruns

god Seths corrections are just magical and i hope he continues to do them sans audience

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
ooooo the linda lindas!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
1. Conan isnt scottish and
2. Why are you bringing up the voice actor for Bloo from Foster's Home in the late night chat thread

(:v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
DDMONYYYY