Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Did the Tonight Show air a in-show ad last night? That was a bit weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

When Conan has a cold, every time he talks on the show he just sounds really loving depressed :smith:

He just brings the entire show down when he has a cold. It's not intentionally it just happens.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Oh jeez, Conan got Larry King to do lovely standup about how old he was

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Normally presumably they'd cut it out and reset, it's just that this time it seems they had nothing else and went 'gently caress it, just air it'.

To be fair it was fairly entertaining, I do like me some Bradley Cooper, and I guess most importantly it was a break from the usual monotony of the interviews.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

Tosh.0 is actually pretty funny and Tosh is good interviewer and comedian.

Never change Joe never change.

Chand0X posted:

Kilborn's head writer is coming back to be head writer on LLS.

Only 5 more days of Craig to go. :(

well time to enjoy my last 5 days of Craig and Geoff! And 4 days of Colbert!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Jesto posted:

A podcast for someone like Craig is the worst possible idea. A vodcast, maybe. So much about his humor comes through in his body language and his expressions.

podcast doesn't mean it's only audio :ssh:.

There are plenty of podcasts out there that utilize a video format.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Tim Cook is going to be on Colbert on 9/15

hopefully he'll be the first tech guest to not be a lovely guest

lol

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

The drawback is that, with the exact same formula, people are going to base their opinions of Noah on how well he compares to Jon.

Wait, wheres the joe part of this post.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

The first ep of Conan's new pod is up and it's good times with Will Ferrell!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

His new show hasn't started yet BUT the podcast is pretty fun. The latest ep with Maron is great Marc brings up the tonight show and why wasn't he on it

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I do the same thing I do with every podcast ad, i skip em, if I could give a token amount of money to access a feed without ads I would do that instead. I loving hate ads and no amount of "fun line reading" will make me willingly listen to a loving ad.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Fabulousity posted:

The Conan Needs a Friend podcast is the only one I generally don't bang on the advance 15 seconds button for during ad copy because he, Sona, and Matt usually turn it into such a delightful shitshow it's worth listening to. I wonder if the sponsors give him discretion to do that or he figures he already has millions of bucks so who gives a poo poo and let's have some fun but keep it limited enough that we don't get sued? That said it'd be nice if they freshly riffed the ad reads every time but I'll take what I can get.

I want to see one of those shady boner pill companies that floats most of Earwolf's smaller shows sponsor Conan Needs a Friend just to see what happens.

Podcast advertiser's realized that unless they go full Norm on the man grate it's better to let the content maker make the ad funny cause then listeners talk about it and listen to it instead of just mashing that skip button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

is there anything that captures the energy of ol Craigy Ferg? I miss it so much