Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Oh my god you people are the WORST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

HOW COULD YOU posted:

Don't you mean we're the wors?

I DONT KNOW LETS TALK ABOUT IT FOR A PAGE AND A HALF AND START REFERENCING WIKIPEDIA ARTICLES AND THE OLDE ENGLISH DICTIONARY AND THE loving ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITTANICA

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Deadpool posted:

The way that Nina Tassler has been talking lately there may not even be a Late Late Show as we know it after Craig leaves. It's getting stomped so bad right now by Late Night they may just try something totally different in the time slot. Fallon and Meyers are pretty much crushing everyone in the demo ratings. Meyers is even beating Letterman at this point.

Did Meyers show stop sucking at some point?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
He's not wrong, though.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Bye, Dave. :cry:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Yep, same here with the "He's been on TV all my life" crew. I was too young to ever watch him on Late Night, and too young to understand what a big deal it was when Carson retired, but I do have vivid memories of watching Dave's first show on CBS. I remember being excited about watching it because I heard the guy from Ghostbusters was gonna be on it. And then hey, the host is pretty funny too.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I really hope this whole episode isn't just a clip show.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

funtax posted:

It's like Dave KNEW.

They've been running them all week.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I was hoping for some Richard Simmons.

EDIT: The first and last time I have ever said that...

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I just watched this bit on YouTube last week we don't need to waste valuable Final Show time on it :argh:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

9 movie celebrities all blend together. The football player stands out too everybody.

Sports stars are like celebrities to celebrities.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I've been watching Letterman all week, and this show Zoo looks RI-GODDAMN-DICULOUS

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Predators kill for food... these people were just MURDERED.

The shot of the lady in her kitchen with the bear roaring in her face makes me laugh my rear end off EVERY TIME.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Bye, Dave. :cry:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Conan is now the old man of late night.

how loving weird is that.

Like I said earlier, I was too young to ever watch Dave's Late Night show. But all the things people are saying about his Late Night show (it was something they "discovered", it felt like they were in on the joke, it felt new and fresh and like comedy written for them instead of their parents, etc) are all the things I felt like watching Conan's Late Night show for the first few seasons in the mid 90's. So let's do this all again in 15 years or so.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Someone gotta make sure to let us know when Paul Rudd is gonna be on Conan to promote Ant-Man.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

CaptainYesterday posted:

Should there be a new thread for the Colbert era?

No but i've been trying to think of a good Colbert thread title for a few days now...

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Ok that's just a modified Walker Texas Ranger lever but I don't care because it's still funny. I hope they cut to it a few times.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Logikv9 posted:

This tilt-shift intro is just really really great.

Yeah, assuming that was all actual tilt-shift photography, it was pretty cool. Also :lol: at Stephen being his own announcer.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
This is hilariously weird enough that it's sure to fail.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

fart blood posted:

If this fails, America deserves Donald Trump as president.

Conan's Tonight Show was hilarious too.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

EugeneJ posted:

My first thought is "old people will hate this"

This is exactly where i'm coming from with my "so funny it's doomed" comment

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Surprised he's going all-in with the Colbert Report-style graphics/images on screen during jokes.

Happy about it, but surprised.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
If Trump is Oreos, then Stephen should just be eating unsalted Saltines during the entire interview with Jeb!.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
:lol: at "we went from the very bottom to.....having the greatest learning gains"

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Was that question about how he differs from his brother the one that was fan-submitted?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Who was that chick they showed a picture of and then was in the audience?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

DivisionPost posted:

That theme song with that title sequence is gonna put a smile on my face every drat time.

Yes, but there's still something not quite right with the opening of the show though. I'm not averse to the cold open thing he's doing (Craig did it masterfully), but it feels repetitive with Stephen entering to music and the crowd chanting, him telling us the guests, then the opening credits telling us the guests again, and the crowd chanting for Stephen again, and him entering AGAIN (even though this second "entrance" is just him being already at the desk.) I hope he keeps tweaking the format and trying different things.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Zero One posted:

Elon has some good ideas but he is not a good interview.

He is a true nerd, social awkwardness and everything. He also looks like he's put on a few pounds lately.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Did I hear Colbert say last night he's doing 5 shows a week? Don't most late night shows only do 4 a week these days?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

OmniBeer posted:

I can't tell if I'm being weird, but does anyone else dislike that one little joke that Colbert keeps trying to force in right before the opening credits?

I don't think a single one has felt natural, and they cut away before any laughs so it just seems.. Awkward and forced. But I can't tell if I'm weird or not.

Loving the show otherwise, of course, but. Just a weird little thing.

Tonight's was funny, it just irks me how he does that little "do you guys wanna hear the new Late Show theme song?" thing every night. Eventually it's gotta become just "the Late Show theme song"!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

ufarn posted:

The band has been pretty lacklustre so far, yeah. Batiste also has a pretty bad situational awareness, so his timing's usually off. Granted, Colbert brought what seems to be the liveliest band leader in late night and hamstringing him by having him do as little as Kevin Eubanks.

I'm also waiting for Batiste to be given something to do; some personality. I'm not saying the guy needs to be Max Weinberg, but including him more would be better.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
What's a Tim Conway?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Craig is coming back!! (kind of)

http://deadline.com/2015/09/craig-ferguson-join-or-die-history-series-1201531899/

This sounds like it'll be amazing.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

SunshineDanceParty posted:

It has tons of potential, but I hope it doesn't turn into celebrities giving half assed opinions on history, and the historian correcting them or sitting silently. I think Ferguson can navigate that.

I don't know this for a fact, but I would assume that Craig is planning on having guests that actually care about the topic at hand and know a little bit about it, at least enough to hold a conversation, and not like "Here's Paris Hilton to talk about the War of 1812!"

My apologies to Paris Hilton.

Can we get a picture of Paul McCartney?

There he is.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
That was probably the best presidential candidate interview he's done so far, mostly because it wasn't just him tossing softballs at the candidate.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Yeah, that wasn’t great. Same tired monologue, only one comedy bit that wasn’t very funny, and a double-length interview that, to be fair, was pretty good but still felt very rehearsed at times. Plus, you aren’t going to have a guest as good as Tom Hanks every night.

Also, Andy now has to awkwardly sit on a bar stool instead of at his podium?

In conclusion,

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I would have figured Lorne would stick it out until SNL50, but maybe he's just tired and doesn't care about arbitrary numbers like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
ONE OF YOUR FAV BANDS?!?!