Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
Letterman tossed in a quick "Goodnight Jay" as the show ended. The Late Night Wars are now over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
Oh gently caress me. He literally had a perfect show last night. Can Bill Murray stay until the end? What will happen to Jack Hanna? I don't want to say goodbye.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
Ugh #TeamStatusQuo everybody stay where they are.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
Does Kimmel have a hook? I know he has his bits, but I don't know anything I'd describe as "Kimmelesque".

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
I'm in denial over everything. Would Craig have any say over who replaces him? I doubt he cares that much, but I'd hope he wouldn't want to leave his fans with some unfunny rear end in a top hat. That clip looks too out of context to render a judgement.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

On the other hand... Courtney Cox? David Arquette? Did we fall through a timewarp to 2000? At least Lisa Kudrow has a show to promote.
They're executive producers, so that explains it. No idea why they decided to give Cheri Oteri a call. It's a pleasant enough, low rent version of Hollywood Game Night.

Jack Hanna was on Dave last night. The image of him clinging onto a camel while yelling for Dave pretty much encapsulates the 'Jack Hanna on Letterman' experience, in my opinion.

Also, Beck sucks.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
Wait are Craig and Colbert leaving in the same week?

I know they're coming back, but....:(

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
On the one hand, ugh a return to the traditional talk show format. On the other, it's Reggie Watts.

I don't see why he couldn't do both Late Night and CBB. Fred Armisen still has his projects.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
Does James Corden giggle more than Jimmy Fallon?

Unless there's a return of the puppets or a musical intro, I don't know how Jim Parsons or Jay Leno can top the end of the Betty White interview. That was delightfully ridiculous.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
This bit definitely had to have the producers begging Josh to sign a contract agreeing to stay until the show ends.

Mister Kingdom posted:

We're never going to see anything like this again. Craig came in as an outsider and destroyed his competition. And this coming from a long time Letterman fan.

Dave should have quit 10 years ago.
Dave is definitely old and out of touch, but compared to the perpetual kiss rear end Jimmy Fallon, I kind of appreciate seeing Dave be completely uninterested in random starlets.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcriETvXGPU

I thought the guest hosts were doing fine considering the circumstances, but this 2 minute bit of Craig and Josh/Geoff made me laugh more than any of the fill-ins combined. I'm a total CraigyFerg cheekymonkey fangirl though.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013

Iowa Snow King posted:

A cable channel called AntennaTV is playing reruns of Carson now.
I get weird channels now that I got rid of cable. I saw this in the tv guide. This might be cool.

rabbitsyndrome posted:

[CraigyFergs] upcoming show on History Channel is looking promising so far.

20-second teaser clip: https://twitter.com/JoinOrDieHIST/status/681932299173236736
Wait what is this. I've made a huge mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
Colbert attempted to humanize Antonin Scalia.

#CancelColbert

not til after this Craig interview though

Cool Cherry Cream fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 16, 2016