Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I saw that on Monday, Colbert's got Justice Breyer on the show. How common is it for sitting Supreme Court Justices to appear on talk shows?

Noted Ham Rove impersonator and Sith Lord Antonin Scalia does it a fair bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

InfiniteZero posted:

Jean Batiste is the guy that your dorky band teacher is really excited about and nobody else.

I like how he managed to find something even lamer than a keytar, a keytarflute!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Pataki went on Bill Maher last week, I'm sure Colbert can get him.

I didn't even know he was "running" until then.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Kevin Hart is Trevor Noah's first guest on the Daily Show

Yikes...

He couldn't even score one of the GOP clowncar of, oh wait, Chris Christie is on wednesday.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

JT Jag posted:

Are network late night TV crowds necessarily liberal? Perhaps they're just reflective of typical American media consumers?

Well all of these shows are filmed in NYC or LA so I'm going to guess audiences primarily from those areas skew a little bit liberal.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

BJPaskoff posted:

The most interesting thing from this article:

10:35? Are they changing the time slot?

That has to be a typo.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Was Colbert worth catching last night? Football hosed up my recording.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Dexo posted:

I don't find him entertaining, but don't get the vitriol that people have for Pewdiepie.

He made a shitload of money and people are jealous because they aren't members of the demographic that likes him, and they also mistakenly think that what he does is easy and anyone could do it.

I don't like what he does, but I can respect cashing in on kids liking his gimmick.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 2, 2015

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

knob posted:

I'm still not convinced there's much of a game to No Man's Sky, but the demoing sure made me want to play it

Everything about No Man's Sky, from the hype and buzz right down to the extended development time and nebulous release date, and especially what we've seen of the actual gameplay reminds me of Spore.

That's not a good thing.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Those cats gave even less of a gently caress than Janice in accounting.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Based on my experience with cats, it's amazing they got those cats to do as much as they did.

They clearly didn't get any rehearsal time, the cats were scared to come out. Getting a cat to come when called isn't very difficult. Mine does it at least half the time!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Echo Chamber posted:

I'm sure the SA hivemind already came to this conclusion a long time ago but I feel it's worth saying again:

Seinfeld was funny. Jerry Seinfeld isn't.

More and more I think the show must have been mostly Larry David's doing. Seinfeld's standup last night was absolutely painful.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Echo Chamber posted:

I didn't even know Pataki dropped out...

I didn't even know he was running!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Don't forget that Limbaugh is a self-hating pill-head.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Stare-Out posted:

Unscripted Conan is always funny, scripted Conan is mostly painful to watch unless something goes wrong and therefore becomes unscripted. He's a fantastic improv comic. See: every remote he's done and the rehearsal scraps/scrapisodes.

Conan was fantastic during the writer's strike.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Jesus, you'd think he was royalty or something. South Korea might love Conan even more than Finland does.

Conan went to Finland?

When does the SK stuff air? I don't normally catch Conan.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Saul Lewinsky posted:

Am I the only one who was a little put off by the dog segment on Colbert? it just seemed a tad mean-spirited. I realize things like ugly dog contests exist, but hey, leave them alone!

Won't someone think of the self esteem of the animals that have no concept of self image or aesthetics?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Well then you'll be glad to know that ¡Jeb! has called it quits, so we'll have to suffer through another boring waste of time hungry for power games bit.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/332132-fcc-probing-colberts-trump-putin-joke

Can't buy advertising like that, CBS must be thrilled.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DaveWoo posted:

Donald "grab 'em by the pussy" Trump thinks Colbert's language is too naughty:

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/862708699491598337

Also, think of all the kids watching his show! At 11:30 PM! :qq:

Wow, yeah, all those kids watching at 11:30pm, as opposed to like 7:30 when the grab em by the pussy tabloid show aired.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sir Lemming posted:

That would be the best, but would probably only happen accidentally, unfortunately. (To be fair, if anyone would be prone to such an accident, it's The Mooch.) If he wanted to let loose it would probably already be all over Twitter. Event TV just ain't what it used to be. Still, I'm morbidly curious.

His "joke" about murdering the writing staff was super creepy and awkward so there was that. The rest of it was just the standard guy who likes to suck his own dick trying to make mildly self deprecating jokes to try to make himself look good.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

So he's the anti-Colbert. I wish John Baptiste and Stay Human would get shot into the sun, and he sucked UNTIL Trump won the election.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

You'd think the commission on an 81 million dollar property would get you a real estate agent that didn't write like Sarah Palin texting.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

It's also hilariously unconstitutional but we all know he doesn't give a gently caress about that.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

pwn posted:

He knows perfectly well. His skill is exploiting people’s ignorance. I really don’t like the “whadda dummy! :haw:” approach that Fallon takes on him.
It’s not difficult to imagine a Pai FCC finding reasons to revoke a few large market station licenses, which would be a clear message with a chilling effect on every other affiliate in the NBC television network

Nah I have to agree with Nate Silver on this one. Trump isn't playing 12th dimensional chess, he's just a loving idiot.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-media-needs-to-stop-rationalizing-president-trumps-behavior/

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

DAMMIT, Louis! Why??? Ughhhhh

You might be the only person who didn't already know about Louie's problems with whipping out his dork.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Conan's website is really bad. They bounce you to the TBS site for Thursday's episode with Dr Phil and it doesn't work at all.

That's Conan's website trying to save you from seeing Doctor Firstname.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Super liberal by boomer standards doesn't mean poo poo though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

It sucks that they're losing their jobs, but I like everything else about this format change.

Colbert should do it too.