Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Aphrodite posted:

Step 2: Have them be contractually obligated to be there.

If you're a publicist promoting a movie you probably aren't gonna work too hard to get someone on Ferguson, cause there's a decent chance it won't even come up in the discussion. I don't know which I like better, the times when the guest actually has to remind him to ask about whatever it is they're promoting, or the times when he eventually remembers but burns it off in like five seconds so they can immediately go back to what they were actually talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
Show-related schtick aside Ferguson has always had a good relationship with CBS/Moonves, but I think unless they actively and aggressively court him (which seems unlikely given his ratings lately) I suspect he's going to decide the time is right to move on. Maybe with a short contract extension so the network has more than a couple of months to work out what happens in that time slot once he leaves. He didn't grow up wanting to host a late-night show the way Letterman/Leno/Conan did, and it's not like he doesn't have plenty of other options.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He seems to be legitimately enthusiastic about it and he's already getting pretty paid from the whole contract termination thing. It just seems like he really wanted to do it.
It seems like a good gig for him. They're banking shows in marathon runs (125+ eps taped since early August) which means he'll have lots of free time to work on other projects while they burn off what's in the can, and the parts of the game where he plays with the contestants should help keep him interested. We were in the live audience for a few episodes this past Sunday and he still seemed to have his head in the game (so to speak) after 60+ hours of taping—at least, it feels a lot more like "Craig being Craig" than that weird "what the hell am I doing here" vibe that his April Fool's spot on The Price Is Right had.

It's not a bad show, the pace is pretty snappy and they seem to be intentionally casting contestants who can play the game properly—it doesn't lend itself to "stupid but entertaining" players the way, say, Family Feud does. (Well, except for maybe the celebrity contestants...HOLY poo poo THERE ARE SOME STUPID CELEBRITIES ON THIS SHOW)