Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Steve Jobs was a revolutionary of which I have zero connection to and have little comprehension about.
ANYWAYS, Apple is steadfast about personal security because of "reasons" but am unable to convey such things to appear convincingly believable. ~ T. Cook

Apple Corp is in good hands folks :rolleye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

tim cook is pretty interesting otherwise
Is he?
How?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Obstacle2 posted:

You probably don't go to see too many comedians at actual shows then.
I like my comedy pure, like with that delightful Don Rickles :shobon:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I too wasn't surprised by The Pope Show because because in the end Stephen Colbert is still a dyed in the wool practicing Catholic.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Echo Chamber posted:

As someone who's using the CBS player for Colbert, I'm already sick of all of CBS' new shows. This includes Code Black, Supergirl, and Recycled Guardian Angel Premise.
I use the Microsoft Edge browser (Win10 woot!) for streaming without any adblockery plug-in stuff, though my HOSTS file is chock full of blocks from MVPS and I haven't seen an ad yet.
Each supposed ad break is skipped and flows right through to the next segment with a brief 2 second pause.

That said, CBS.com will bark about Chrome and Firefox and even IE11 having adblock software and will not advance or play at all even with the ablock plugins turned off.

tl;dr: Improve your adblock-fu or have other options at your disposal.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

old dog child posted:

Campbell's Colbert impersonation killed me as soon as he stabbed the desk with the pen.
Yeah, it was groovy.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I saw Eddie Murphy's first appearance on Carson last night.

He was booked with McClean Stevenson who was prolly pimping his show "Hello Larry" AKA the show that ended Lt. Colonel Henry Blake's career and ultimately his life.

After Hello Larry went tits up and Match Game ended McClean had nothing left but to get cancer and die. :(

He could only do so many guest appearances on Fantasy Island and The Love Boat just to stock the fridge with food.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

I enjoy using the phrase "That's Hello Larryous" to describe funny things.

You blaming "Hello, Larry" for McClean Stevenson's cancer puts a damper on that.
Yer welcome, Cancer Merchant.
Your pithy joke is an instrument of death!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Cool Cherry Cream posted:

I get weird channels now that I got rid of cable. I saw this in the tv guide. This might be cool.

Wait what is this. I've made a huge mistake.
Nah... that stuff shows up on Hulu.
It's all good.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

It's time to come to grips, people.
Colbert isn't wobbling the eyehole meter at all.
It's actually dipping.

This very thread proves the point as there are more Conan praise posts than Colbert and Conan hasn't been exactly setting the world on fire since going to TBS.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Dr Tran posted:

Watching Corden for the first time. This aint bad.
But this will ultimately be objectively better by default.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EUwQGepNu4

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

raditts posted:

I thought he had always planned on leaving when Letterman left.

I wonder what happened to Geoff, he's probably in a closet somewhere now :(
Well Geoff is contractual property of CBS and Grant Imahara I suppose but that doesn't mean Josh Robert Thompson is and I expect, almost demand, he be a panelist on Craig's new show.

If for no other explanation than Josh to say "Balls!" for no particular reason whatsoever. :)

There might be a need for a separate thread for Craig's new show. He deserves as much, me thinks.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

That hit me right in the feels, man. :(

Mo0 posted:

Wasn't it that he was thinking of leaving a few years before, and CBS got him to stay in part by getting him a new set? He was pretty clear long term that he didn't have eyes for Letterman's chair.
Yes, this is pretty much Craig's story with the show. He was never gonna lifer a late night hosting gig and always came into it with a sell by date. Once Dave bolts, so does he and he kept true to that. The new set and out clause was just gravy on the plate when he renegotiated his contract with The Eye. I'm pretty sure he penned it when Conan was going through the Tonight Show wringer with NBC.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

counterfeitsaint posted:

That's an awesome concept. If giving up working Fridays is a real thing, I will convert immediately.
If yer a Super Convert you can't eat red meat or pork on any Friday during Lent.
Only Super-Duper Catholics actually do this.
It's the reason McD's puts the Filet O' Fish on sale this time of year.
You still have to work.

Only the heavy Orthodox Super Jews found a way to get out of doing work on Fridays thru Saturday and they do it all year round.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

EasyEW posted:

Although Licht is stepping down from running the best hard-news morning show currently on the air, he's also responsible for unleashing MSNBC's Morning Joe onto the world. You can't blame him for Scarborough's show after 2011, though.
CBS This Morning is a borefest but granted it's a million times better than the shitshows that are Today and GMA.
Charlie Rose looks about as lively as a flatline EKG and I can never take Gayle King seriously ever.

It's amazing how CBS Sunday Morning has been blowing away all competition for decades but they still can't make a M-F morning show work.
The Curse of Captain Kangaroo's cancellation is real!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Colbert still isn't moving the needle.
Closing in on a year too.

Corden gets more viral buzz with his carpool karaoke bits.
Colbert is flatter than Kansas.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

♫ He left his heart in San Francisco The Mayo Clinic. ♫

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

tarlibone posted:

So if he keeps it up for less than a year, I assume Jay Leno gets the job back, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4n0QEfPhDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odP6b0iGDC0

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

A bowing of head is required, you hockeypucks! Late Night teevee and the world has lost a legend, Mr. Warmth died of liver failure at age 90. Throughout the late night decades there was one constant and is was that when Don Rickles showed up on be it Carson or Letterman or Ferguson he would arrive to his musical cue of 'La Virgen de la Macarena' and would kill every single time.

Truly one of the all time greats... post those Rickles moments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5_V9RT8aR8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO2iJrVUAgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3YEiNgydMg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Xx8m7c3xA

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Cage posted:

I find myself humming "What did we learn on the show tonight, Craig?" at least once a week. :smith:
Well look who just popped up on my Twitter feed today! :neckbeard:

https://twitter.com/craigyferg/status/873625184413954048

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Ferguson completely changed the format when he got bored and the show was so much better off for it. I miss him terribly.
Amen, CraigyFerg was the breath of fresh air that only a small fortunate handful actually watched evolve from it's inception.
It was the best kept late night secret that made it all the more enjoyable to watch with a subtitle wink and a snide grin.

This thread has been alive since Dave was still at 11:30 and Conan was at 12:30.
All you have to do is roll back in this wayback machine to an earlier age when Conan wasn't yet hosed over by Jay, Dave was still having Jay Thomas get the meatball off the Xmas tree and Darlene Love singing Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) and a Scottish Conan Guy honing a craft over the course of a decade beginning with a pantomime horse.
The vibe was different, it was funny and it was sometimes dangerous and exciting.

Smash cut to today and I can say I haven't watched much of any late night in a very long time.
Fallon is silly and has fun games and remains very vanilla which is probably right where he should be.
Kimmel is a dichotomy disaster of what he wants to be; In one breath he wants to be a SJW during his monologue then returns from break with street games like "Guess What's in my Pants?"
Seth Rogan is as predictable in his humor as his stint at SNL.
Colbert is trapped/complacent in a very stale format that hinders his ability to be as creative as he was on Comedy Central.
Corden has always sucked.