Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

sbaldrick posted:

Conan's bitterness at the end was maybe the best Tonight Show in years.

Also Kimmel's shots at Jay Leno were great

http://www.videobash.com/video_show...10-at-10-618751

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

I thought Fallon was meh and I think Meyers was a horrible choice.

I'll still watch both though and it'll be nice to finally watch NBC late night now that Leno is gone.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

Corzaa posted:

Didn't Robert De Niro poo poo all over him in his first interview?

Yeah, De Niro was a horrible first guest but his second was JT who easily made up for him.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

Quest For Glory II posted:

Conan's contract is until 2015 too. That's way too convenient to not be the plan.

Hmm, would he have to move back to NYC?

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

counterfeitsaint posted:

During his first guest interview, there was this huge talking point about how she had a terrible memory and couldn't remember anything lol, and then Conan just moved on to the next bullet point on his card, and asked her if she remembered seeing him years ago at a White House event thing. It was pretty obvious Andy was the only person paying the slightest bit of attention to the conversation.

I remember watching this the other night and watched it again here and don't see anything wrong with Conan.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

pwn posted:

Yeah I just watched it and quite liked it. I don't get CBS so I doubt I'll be carving out time to stream it but it's a fun little bit of what-have-you. That said it's kinda mind-blowing how Jimmy Fallon has changed the talk show landscape. Namely, if you're a celebrity, going on a talk show just to talk is no longer gonna cut it, you have to be down for playing games too.

edit: Fallon, Vieira, and now Cordon. Anyone else doing this bit?

doesn't Kimmel do it as well?

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

Brian Stack, the guy who's been doing sketches on Conan for a longass time , is moving to Colbert

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

He's not right, either.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

Seth Meyers is sitting for his monologues now!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/12/a...logue.html?_r=0

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

quick interview with jay leno http://www.tvinsider.com/article/34...-didnt-do-dave/

quote:

I think thatís Jimmy Kimmelís problem. I think heís a talented guy, I think heís funny. But he has a mean streak, and it comes across. He does this thing where he takes Halloween candy from kids and the kids cry. What am I missing here? It is funny I guess, but itís mean-based. I think thatís why heís not higher in the ratings.
still bitter over kimmel's appearance on your show, eh?

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

bobkatt013 posted:

He knows why take candy when you can take peoples shows?

Kimmel is actually the type of guy to fire back so I pray he does something on his show soon.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

nemesis_hub posted:

Did you guys see Jeff Goldblum on Conan last night? The later part where it became a circumcision debate with explicit discussion of Andy's penis and his son's penis was incredibly weird and hilarious. I kind of want to make sure I didn't imagine it.

Goldblum usually has weird interviews with Conan, here's another : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRzwAMYz1Pc

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

never watched Colbert Report since i wasn't much of a political guy but i thought it was pretty good. i wonder what type of comedy bits he's going to do like the other late night hosts (except letterman) do.

at least i don't have to decide what channel to switch over after conan ends!

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

EugeneJ posted:

Do any talk shows still do that - having the first guest stay seated and mingle with the later guest(s)?

yes, it happens but it's pretty rare. the majority of the time, the first guest will just sit there and laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

Dexo posted:

Oh, then nevermind I'm just dumb I guess.

the first person always gets waaaay more time. it's usually first person, commercial, first person, commercial, second person, commercial, musical.