Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I'm really excited for Jimmy taking over The Tonight Show, I never really kept up with Late Night but the episodes I've seen in the past year or so have been good. For the most part his whole vibe/interaction with guests and the crowd is really entertaining. I'm actually pretty excited for Seth too, I think his Late Night is going to be great.

Mainly though I'm not excited to try and keep up with 3 separate late night shows at the same time (long time Conan devotee), but I'll catch the first couple weeks at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

If you want different watch the Pete Holmes show (which just came back last night). As a personality he's hit-or-miss but I like his format. A skit, 5 minutes of standup, another skit, 3 minutes with the guest (where they usually talk about nothing really) and ending with another skit or in-studio bit. It's not a great show, but it has it's moments.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I just watched the Conan in Cuba special and I couldn't help but be disappointed by the lack of Andy. Was it ever explained on the show after or anything? I know Conan usually does remote stuff by himself but it would've been cool for Andy to be there too. Anyway, I kind of stopped watching Conan last year some time so if the reason was given I missed it.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Hardwick is only really intolerable on @midnight when he gets on a rant about some social issue or talks about his past alcoholism while the guests just kind of shuffle their feet off camera.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I still think American Dad is great but I don't think he does much on that show now other than voices

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Tavarin posted:

Apatow is okay with me because of his work on Freaks and Geeks.

Freaks and Geeks + Heavyweights gives Apatow a free pass for me. I also like the first hour of Funny People with all the great fake Adam Sandler movies and Aziz Ansari as RAAAANNNDDDYYYY

The Duke
May 19, 2004

It's a pretty good documentary, at least I enjoyed getting to see Conan being a real rear end in a top hat which rarely comes out on his show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I remember before Captain America came out the whole "LOOKS GOOOOOOD!" bit and literally no one else that I knew and hung around with at the time saw it or knew what I was talking about. Then I'd see it brought back a few nights later, and same old thing from my friends; nothing.

It was like a comedy bit in and of itself, that I looked like the weirdo who was imagining it.

You’re not crazy, my friend and I have been saying that after trailers ever since that skit. We also love (high patched voice) “I’m THOOOR!” from when Thor Dark World was coming out.