Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Steve Vader posted:

Also, "Celebrity Game Night" on NBC. Did they just take one of Fallon's bits and make a whole show out of it?

It's NBC, so sure, sounds like something they'd do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Robnoxious posted:

I think Jon has known for a very long time that Colbert has immense talent (far more than his) and was always destined for bigger and greater things. Jon has been one of Colbert's biggest cheerleaders. He hired the guy for a reason and takes delight in seeing how it's paying off.

Colbert actually predates Jon on the show - he started when it was the Daily Show with Craig Kilborn.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Irish Joe posted:

Really, though, anything is better than Stewart's infantile take on politics and the people dumb enough to think its insightful commentary.

As opposed to you, making GBS threads on a much, much better comedian in favor of loving Craig Kilborn because he somehow insulted your political sensibilities.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

JazzFlight posted:

I never get when people say Jimmy Fallon isn't funny. He's absolutely hysterical when he and Higgins start adlibbing during a bit.

It's just "those people aren't funny because I don't like them" dressed up to sound like it's an objective statement. He likes the giggly, punchy, rambling style of Pete Holmes and Craig Ferguson over the post-SNL, more overtly professional presentation of Jimmy Fallon and Seth Myers. Okay? That doesn't mean that comedy is over, guy who is probably in his late-20's and is just grumpy about losing touch with the zeitgeist.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Still Fluxing posted:

Jimmy Kimmel's currently antagonizing lets-play fans. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9oZplyzDKc

Oh man, that like-dislike ratio. I just watched a clip from an interview with Rami Malek and I was wondering why it had so many dislikes.