Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Rollofthedice posted:

I don't know who James Corden is. Is he an rear end in a top hat or something? Or just not funny?

As a Brit, I don't think it's fair to say James Corden is not funny. It would be more accurate to describe him as a gigantic anti-humour singularity that sucks the lifeforce out of anything even resembling comedy within a 200 mile radius.

That could just be me though.

Here's a clip of the spectacular wit, wisdom and masterful interviewing you can look forward to for years to come: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2PMOea0cRs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

pwn posted:

That clip doesn't really do the job. It's an awards show, ball-busting stuff, it's such a different gig than hosting a late night talk show. That said, I'm gonna defer to you because you have obviously had enough exposure to this guy.

It's more to do with how transparently and tediously scripted the whole thing is, how ridiculously telegraphed and lazy the jokes are and how just horribly unnatural and uncomfortable the whole thing feels.

I mean, imagine how Craig Ferguson doing the same thing. There would have been a chance at least one "joke" might have been actually funny.