Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I still can't stand Fallon when he talks. Talking to guests, monologue, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

In 2009 you would have been pumped that Jimmy Fallon is hosting The Tonight Show?

Anyone but Jay.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Seth Meyers is probably going to be a trainwreck.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

From what I've seen, which isn't a whole lot admittedly, he didn't so much get better (though he's not as twitchy and nervous anymore obviously) as he learned what he was good at and adjusted accordingly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The GTA one with his vendetta against the strip club is great too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SNL Fred Armisen is Everything But Portlandia Fred Armisen, so odds are not good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Meyers is pretty flat and plastic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Last time she was on was August 2012. Before that was all the time.

She does have a TV show now. Depending on location it can be difficult to get to some of the late night shows.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Twitter Tracker voiceover guy was Brian McCann.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Drew Barrymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Step 1: be Scottish.

Step 2: Have them be contractually obligated to be there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pwn posted:

edit 2: Speaking of Conan, I just watched last night's episode online. I don't usually see Conan because I just get over the air programming, but holy crap, has his show been in this much of a hurry for a while now? Is there some creative impetus for never letting things breathe going out to and coming back from commercial? He even shortened the opening and cut the episode titles, which were awesome. I really miss the Late Night Conan show, where any given night you could get a nice slow vertical pan of Pender tootin' away at the end of the break.

They might trim it down for online. They still do titles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Meyers was always flat and boring on SNL too. He had no personality.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just saw an announcement that Conan is hosting the MTV Movie Awards this year.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Seems like a pretty obvious choice for publicity. You can either do 3 shows, or like 9 of them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Road shows have always been 4.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He also typically does a remote every night, which is always fun.

Wednesday is kind of weak. Adam Sandler! Seth Rogan! The 4th most popular cast member from the Big Bang Theory!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gonz posted:

I had to explain to my grandmother earlier today why a gay robot skeleton, a fake horse and a Scottish man hosted her favorite TV game show.

I didn't watch it, but I imagine Craig's humor was probably pretty weird for some of the Price is Right regular viewers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Just watched Stewart, he couldn't have seemed more genuinely happy that Colbert got the job.

He and Jennifer Garner spent like half their interview talking about Colbert.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think the guy from Big Daddy and bit parts on Newsradio and Spin City was hired to be a political comedian.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

comes along bort posted:

Waitaminute, they had jokes on the Kilborn Daily?

There was a pretty big one hosting it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In Old School he just played himself.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

comes along bort posted:

So is Conan that hard up for money they're just running movie previews during the first desk segment now?

Yeah that was weird. I was waiting for their usual joke edit but... Nope.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Frostwerks posted:

Jesus loving Christ, looks like another week sans Conan. I think in the last 7 weeks or so they've had, what, 16 episodes?

It ran new last week when everyone else took a break. They're just doing it a week later.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Like a bunch of stupid rear end puppets.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think he already said he's not doing the character, didn't he?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Conan should have moved back to New York for TBS.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Article should just be called "CBS concedes late night"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're trying to draw that lucrative British, awake at 5am local time, with access to CBS market.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

I know I'm a few days behind, but Will Arnett needs to be sitting on the second couch goofing off with Andy during all Conan interviews.

He might as well, he has more cancelled shows than Andy at this point anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's tired of that "who loving knows?"/"next week maybe?" grind.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DominoDancing posted:

Then again, what DO you watch late night shows for? The interviews?

That bit between the first commercial break, and the first interview.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Look man, America is a nation of winners. If you don't have a real winner then what do you have? Just a bunch of losers. Like England.

If you ain't first, you're last.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The cue card guy thinking he was important is a little weird.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hey is the new guy going to have any dumbass puppets or stupid robots?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MikeJF posted:

You know, I honestly think they missed a huge chance for years of just letting Craig chat to his guests as long as they felt like it then tossing it up unedited on the website.

Spoiler: 95% of them don't even want to be there for the length that goes on TV.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

I did actually! I don't usually watch Conan, but I couldn't find Drew's entire episode on youtube, so I decided an episode of Conan would do. I know the thread loved the hell out of Conan's scraps episode, and I found it interesting, but ever since watching it, I can't help but notice how much Conan absolutely does not give a poo poo about anything at all. Watching the tribute to Craig that talked about why late night TV sucks immediately followed by watching Conan's first show of the year just cemented that fact further. During his first guest interview, there was this huge talking point about how she had a terrible memory and couldn't remember anything lol, and then Conan just moved on to the next bullet point on his card, and asked her if she remembered seeing him years ago at a White House event thing. It was pretty obvious Andy was the only person paying the slightest bit of attention to the conversation.

That's what the studios and their publicists want the host to do on a late night show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mo0 posted:

I think Chevy is back there.

Different old guy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm posted:

I was thinking the same thing. drat she fine. BTW, what was with the weird face Tina Fey made at her as she was be-bopping back to the wall after her joke?

That's just one of her things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JohnSherman posted:

Jesus, when did he have that kid?

He's 12 or something.