Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

LLCoolJD posted:

If ESO is not a money machine, does that mean that Todd Howard will push for an even more uninspired fantasy world in the next Elder Scrolls installment? ESVI: Hot Elves.

no it means that Zenimax will decide that the ES IP is completely worthless and can all future projects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Vladimir Putain posted:

no it means that Zenimax will decide that the ES IP is completely worthless and can all future projects.

Haha yeah. RIP

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/24/5644410/the-elder-scrolls-online-review

al-azad
May 28, 2009

This is my favorite quote. "Dear ZeniMax I would have more fun if your MMORPG had a lot less MM."

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

barons and two or three other people posting about the xbox in GBS managed to get a new subforum created to contain them, bad mods who had been entrenched for a decade to quit, and all video game discussion banned from GBS in a way that they'd never even remotely consider for LF social justice garbage

Really what mods quit? Sorry if asking this will get the thread gassed.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

midnightclimax posted:

Louisgod and Axemaniac got extremely busy IRL a couple months ago.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
All I know is Aatrek got canned because he was apparently a pedo.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

midnightclimax posted:

louisgod and axemaniac both decided, at exactly the same time, that life was just too busy for them to keep moderating the games forum. they both still have time to post though

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Axe quit gaming altogether. ShotGaming hasn't updated for over a month now, due to the ol' ball n chain.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Spenny posted:

Axe quit gaming altogether. ShotGaming hasn't updated for over a month now, due to the ol' ball n chain.

It's a real shame. Girls ftl.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It's a real shame. Girls ftl.

Thats why you marry a guy instead.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
older scrolls online is the most boring and meaningless game i've played in years

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i have zero loving sympathy for anyone who shelled out money for this log, every single gameplay preview made it blatantly clear just how boring and pointless it would be but nerds just can't help themselves

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Spenny posted:

does this game have a mechanic where I can marry an npc who will simultaneously stop having sex with me and ban me from playing the game anymore post-wedding

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Benny D posted:

does this game have a mechanic where I can marry an npc who will simultaneously stop having sex with me and ban me from playing the game anymore post-wedding

No but you can marry another player and pretty much get the same thing

EDIT: Collectors edition only

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007
I saw an ad for this shitheap while watching ufc on fox and thought yea thats what bros will want to spend their time doing, playing a lovely fantasy mmo

Is it free to play yet?

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Have heard literally nothing about this shitheap since launch.

Things must be going well for this massively multiplayer gamr

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i literally got so bored that i went and rolled a new character in skyrim

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF-XMtNEudQ

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i guess i crushed the adventuring dreams of the pink hair teenage orc girl and broke that bouncy pirate girl's heart and she hates me now.

the whole PvE appears to be like a hyperactive 8 year old retelling a doctor who episode but at least i get to upset women

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This just in. TESO is really good. Everyone likes it and the game was a massive success.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Spenny posted:

This just in. TESO is really good. Everyone likes it and the game was a massive success.

sir are you trying to do a trick on me?

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
the new patch is out

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Abandon posted:

the new patch is out

Does it enable F2P?

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
nah thats coming in the next one iirc

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
*in Brad Pitt voice* what's in the paaaatch?

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Whats the least time it's taken a game to go f2p and can we beat that record

are we looking at gamer history

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The patch apparently hosed everything up by buffing all of the enemies to the point it's tedious/impossible to kill poo poo; which they are already apologizing for and going to roll back

gj!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Fabricated posted:

The patch apparently hosed everything up by buffing all of the enemies to the point it's tedious/impossible to kill poo poo; which they are already apologizing for and going to roll back

gj!

It's... it's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUcp6hx3vhA

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

quote:

Patch 1.1 has introduced a crippling memory leak

Time / Physical memory used by ESO client

3:20 (start) / 360MB

3:25 / 602MB

3:30 / 866MB

3:35 / 1.18GB

3:40 / 1.48GB

3:45 / 1.74GB

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

so still not f2p yet huh

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fabricated posted:

gj!

Lol who wants to bet this is related to the f2p transition and they accidentally put out one change too early

sexy cougar on the prowl
Dec 31, 2008

ForeverSmug posted:

Maybe All-Points Bulletin?

It released on June 6th, 2010, with a complete shutdown announced on September 16th, 2010. It finally re-opened under a new company in April 2011 as a F2P title.

Some good goon drama in there too.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

idk APB kinda looked good though

it had cool art direction at least

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Does anyone know the name of the Colonel Sanders imposter responsible for this game, or have a link to the video where he says "Zenimax gave us carte blanche to poo poo all over the lore, so naturally I did, as making GBS threads is what I do."

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

ForeverSmug posted:

the star wars old republic mmo did it in 11 months i think that's the fastest a subscription game went to f2p. eso was released in early april so it's still got plenty of time to crater and still set a record.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
When do we stop talking about "Elder Scrolls lore" like it means something? Usually when people talk about the lore they just mean Morrowind lore, since it was the only game where the lore was interesting.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

The Sharmat posted:

When do we stop talking about "Elder Scrolls lore" like it means something? Usually when people talk about the lore they just mean Morrowind lore, since it was the only game where the lore was interesting.

A shameful bump. Here, have some more proof this game is a hilarious mess:

Third World Reggin posted:

Need to kill people on top of walls? Put oil on the bottom because apparently, it goes up and down.

quote:

Q: So I'm on top of a keep wall shooting my arrows at random people, when I die from flaming oil. Wondering how in the world this happened I took a look around and noticed right below me someone placed some flaming oil which traveled up the wall and gibbed me for 2600hp.

A: Thanks again for the report about this issue. We've identified the cause, and have a fix prepped to go out with a future patch.
They identified they never did any checks in the code for z levels.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
can't wait for kirkbride to poo poo out an essay that totally justifies gravity defying oil in canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

M'aiq has heard of something called "gravity", which prevents liquid from racing up walls. Do not believe these tales!

• Locked thread