Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

If it came as a surprise to you it sounds like a lovely company culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

I'm no executive but a CTO that doesn't realize an engineering manager is a problem is a problem too.

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

At the very least if you live in the US or England it's not a good look to accuse other countries of killing people lol

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

I would use Google docs or some other real time shared editing in that case.

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

Recruiters are not your friends. I have pretty bad social anxiety and I mostly use them to get as many interviews as possible, because I know I will be terrible for a while.

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

Jose Valasquez posted:

So most people get it right

Really, are you paying them for their time lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

Actually interviewing a lot helps me the most. I have pretty bad anxiety and fully expect to blow a few interviews, but the more I do the better I get. I'm ok with algorithms, no better than average, but I can show a few cool projects where I've implemented complicated algorithms and I'll straight up say if they want me to implement it on a whiteboard I'll probably blow it, but I can use them when it's the right tools for the job.

I'm ok not working at Google or Facebook because I just don't have the time (or confidence) for their interview process and don't really need the money, and there are enough small companies that need devs.