Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
We spend so much time in PSP hating on wrestlers like Axel and Cena. I think it's time we say some things we like about these men and women that entertain us.

For example,
I think John Cena is a really nice guy. He goes out of his way to see kids who might have their lives brightened by his visit during a terminal illness.

Curt Axel has really chubby cheeks. I just wanna pinch 'em :3:

C'mon PSP, say nice things about our wrestle peoples :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ryback just loving GETS his gimmick, to the point where I'm not sure if it's a gimmick or just him being him.

The RKO is a really cool finisher.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Alberto Del Rio is solid in the ring.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Santino seems to make a lot of people laugh so I understand his value.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The Miz's theme music is pretty cool, I guess.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The Miz has understandable value for the company as a PR guy and can play a good douchebag midcard heel when booked right.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

TUS posted:

Santino seems to make a lot of people laugh so I understand his value.

Well said.

Batista seems like a really charismatic dude.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Triple H has a big hook nose and greasy hair so whenever I see him I like to imagine that he's professor Snape's older brother.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Triple H is still capable of working a really good WWE main event style match.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

Khali is a pretty tall dude and I like his entrance music.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I enjoy Antonio Cesaro's big swing, especially the time after the thanksgiving episode where he was trying to do it to Titus and everyone kept telling him not to.

CJ Parker's heel turn has reignited my interest in his character.

The Ascension look like legitimately terrifying tag champs.

Bad News Barrett was really fun on the JBL and Cole show, and he's still trying his damnedest with a gimmick that is difficult to get over.

Those are my bottom five (counting The Ascension as two people.)

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
I would be happy if my body looked like the Miz's body.

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013
Zack Ryder doesn't hurt people he works with, I guess.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I like Triple H's taste in music.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

As much as I don't want to admit it, Santino has made me laugh on multiple occasions. Also he has a great hip toss.

Curtis Axel is a very strong worker.

Great Khali seems to have a good sense of humor and has no problem being silly in the ring. I don't think angry monster ever suited him.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 9, 2014

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Dolph Ziggler has a funny name and that's neat I guess.

Kofi seems like a pretty cool dude in real life.

Billy Gun looks like Randy the Ram and that's cool, I wish they'd just make "washed up junky loser trying to make a comeback" his gimmick instead of just his reality. NAO intro isn't bad but it's wasted on it being them.

I like R-Truth's intro and entrance attire too.

Lawler has a funny voice and I mark out when he does the high-pitched "AAAAA" thing.

I didn't mind the Ivan Drago gimmick for Rusev when I first saw him but it's really 20 years too late for that (And he doesn't have the right look for it anyway).

Cody Rhodes can take a fall like a champ.

Tamina's attractive.

Aksana's Mortal Kombat inspired outfits are cool but doesn't make up for her trying to force her knee through a fellow worker's face.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Sylvester Lefort looks like Macho Man :)

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

Big Daddy V is courageous for going getting into the ring with that gear

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
The Miz did a good job finding a way to make himself valuable to the company. Him volunteering to do all the media events and promotional stuff is probably what keeps him in the position he's in today, it was really smart.

Kofi Kingston's older heel promos in the indies were really good.

Alberto Del Rio tries really hard, I think. He's put a lot of effort into his style and his character. It's not really entirely his fault he's so bland.

John Cena was actually a pretty good rapper, as far as I can tell.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've always really liked The Pedigree.

Batista's entrance is pretty entertaining.

rear end Man is the greatest theme song ever and I always had a soft spot for The One theme.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Randy Orton is handsome.

HHH has cool entrances sometimes.

DDP (like him as a person, hated him as a wrestler) is doing great things for people who had been written off by their families and communities.

Shane Douglas really does care about wrestling and his place in it, and he was REALLY good at selling back in the day.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
The Great Khali is a man who knows how to use his natural talents to profit personally, and that's admirable.

Ric Flair was, probably, at one point, good.

ChaosSmurf fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 10, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Senerio posted:

I enjoy Antonio Cesaro's big swing, especially the time after the thanksgiving episode where he was trying to do it to Titus and everyone kept telling him not to.

It makes me shoot mad that you have Antonio Cesaro in your bottom 5.

Miz can be really fun as a heel.

Lex Luger had an entertaining gimmick and I like that he's discovered a new career as a rap producer in his old age.

Low Ki inspired my favorite Are You Serious quote.

Road Dogg was entertaining on Are You Serious.

Kane is really good in comedy segments.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Ian Rotten gave exposure to guys like CM Punk and Chris Hero.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ChaosSmurf posted:

Rick Flair was, probably, at one point, good.

Have you only seen TNA Flair or what? He was great from the Eighties to at least the mid Nineties. And he was good in Evolution.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Zack Ryder cares very much about his profession.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Vince McMahon has a humorous walk.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Mike Quackenbush's stupid loving philosophies and cornball crap have made some very fat families happy, thanks mike

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Kane back flipping over the ropes to get out of the ring is pretty neat I guess.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Suben posted:

Kane back flipping over the ropes to get out of the ring is pretty neat I guess.

He also had a fun technical match with Big Show.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Big Show made this face once and it made me happy.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Kids like Kofi and for that I'm glad he's employed and gets TV time.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Miz clearly really wants to be a top guy (which is commendable), and I thought it was cool that he got emotional when he won the WWE title.

Jeff Jarrett is a fun comedy heel. He just really shouldn't do anything else.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Kofi Kingston has cool rumble spots and cool tights.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Eric Bischoff had a great idea to adapt the UWFi invasion angle for an American promotion and packaged the group really well at the onset. He's also pretty good in the role of an on screen sleazy heel authority figure.

Hulk Hogan is a charismatic guy who's undeniably one of the most successful and important wrestlers in the history of the business.

Dixie Carter has provided me with months of entertainment without even needing to watch her company's product.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 9, 2014

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Hornswoggle has not been around in a while :)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Triple H is a brilliant man. Possibly the smartest man in the business. The biggest thing that makes him so hateable as a smark is that he's been able to do what Hogan, Jarrett, Gagne and so many indy promoters who wrestle do and receive minimal backlash. Those Lesnar/Summerslam moments are incredibly rare and he's been able to keep the fans on his side no matter how much bullshit he's been involved in. The talent might get pissed at him, but there's nothing they can do because he rules the top of the wrestling world. He's the untouchable king of pro wrestling.

Between his mind and star power, he's the only person I can ever imagine having the slightest chance of turning TNA around after some kind of hypothetical split from the McMahons/WWE.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Rey Mysterio has a cool top rope move.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

John Cena's Make a Wish stuff is commendable just for the madman lengths he'll apparently go to in order to visit every sick kid on Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Despite his current hobbled state, Rey Mysterio was perhaps the best high flyer in the world from the early Nineties until maybe 2002, and he had one of my favorite matches ever with Eddie Guerrero.

• Locked thread