Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I Before E posted:

Bobby Lashley sure stared at those cheeseburgers.

That reminds me.

Simon Dean, to my memory, couldn't do poo poo in the ring but coming to the ring on some knockoff Segway and trying like hell to sell his products was a good time. His reaction to Bobby Lashley's debut seemed one of "oh jesus gently caress :stonk: " and it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Rob Terry is very wide.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Dolph Ziggler's skill set makes him very well-suited to be a good jobber like Heath Slater, so in a way things are working out well for him.

All of Sheamus' faults come from lovely creative and bad writing, in the ring he's solid (and great when he's battling other big guys or Daniel Bryan) and he could be a much bigger deal if they stop writing him as a bully moron.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

WeaponX posted:

Rob Terry is very wide.

He's very handsome. Have you seen his modelling shots?

djinndarc
Dec 20, 2012

"I'm Bender, baby, please insert liquor!"
Ryback is hilarious on twitter.

Bo Dallas is IRS's son and Bray Wyatt's brother, so that's pretty cool, I guess.

Although I don't really like R. Truth or his gimmick, he has done a good job of getting over, and the crowd seems to really get into his intro.

I don't really dig the JBL character, but he used to be Bradshaw. It gives me a warm fuzzy to know that he and Ron "Farooq" Simmons are best friends in real life. APA was awesome.

djinndarc fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 10, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Alberto Del Rio used to have cool music.

Randy Orton's current character cuts great promos. I love how he is basically a man-child and the Authority are his parents.

I like the Bull Hammer.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 10, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ryback has cool singlets.

Curtis Axel and Ryback are very funny on Twitter.

Kevin Nash seems like a fun guy to hang out with, and it's always funny to make fun of his Christian legs. Also, he's okay on the mic.

Alberto Del Rio can play a decent douchebag aristocrat when he gets the chance.

Michelle McCool had a fun tag team with Layla, and used the Styles Clash.

You know what, I'm just gonna start saying nice things about workers I like because there's no "be positive about people you really like" thread.

Cody has some of the best moves(drop-down slap, Beautiful Disaster Kick) and I mark the gently caress out for them.

Antonio Cesaro is charismatic, athletic, and handsome as hell.

Ric Flair and Eddie Guerrero are the two best wrestlers of all time.

John Cena has an amazing sense of humor, and is one of the best workers on the WWE roster.

Naomi makes her rear end-based moveset work, and is one of the best workers on the Divas roster. Also she is beautiful.

Rob Van Dam may be super sloppy, but I legit love his gimmick and find him to be very entertaining.

While I could not get into Jack Swagger as a character during his ADR feud, his stuff with Zeb and Antonio Cesaro has been great, and he's a dynamite worker.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 10, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Swagger was really fun right before he won the World title and it isn't his fault his character was immediately killed.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
Kofi Kingston, at times you've really seemed interesting (destroying Nascars) and your Rumble spots always are cool. Just wish they did more with you.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Miz having a 6 month world title reign made a lot of stupid shitheads happy because at least it wasn't Cena, so good for them.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Randy Orton said "ti-tle" that one time and it made me laugh, so if he's not going away then I wish he'd always say it like that. It's also kinda cool when he hits the RKO out of nowhere as a midair counter.

Michael PS Hayes helped introduce the Freebird rule I guess, and he apparently supported Punk's title push.

Michelle McCool was kinda fun with Layla and was in good shape and married the Undertaker so that's cool I guess.

Fabulous Moolah helped put Mae Young on the map so I guess she wasn't entirely a horrible person.

DJExile posted:

Simon Dean, to my memory, couldn't do poo poo in the ring but coming to the ring on some knockoff Segway and trying like hell to sell his products was a good time.

He was honestly pretty okay as Nova in ECW.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I respect Kane for his intellect and also that soundboard of him on WWE.com is great especially the Officespace one in retrospect.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Road Dogg can be entertaining on the mic sometimes and I like Kofi Kingston's Rumble spots even if they are needlessly convoluted.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Kofi Kingston is an amazing athlete. The time he basically jumped over the Big Show and most of his Rumble saves (the office chair last year was sort of ehhh) are moments that will always be incredible.

The Rough Ryder, Zack's patented diving leg lariat, is really cool.

Billy Gunn is honestly in just as good of shape now as he was nearly two decades ago, and has managed to resist murdering the Road Dogg, showing strong moral character.

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

The Miz has a cool dad.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
JBL threw a trashcan at Hornswaggle one time and it was hilarious

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
I really used to love Michael Cole on commentary, especially when he was paired with Tazz. These days, Cole's pretty great when he's not doing commentary. Likewise, Tazz wasn't bad when he did commentary with Cole. Back when he was a wrestler in ECW, I legitimately bought him as this unstoppable suplexing monster.

Brock Lesnar is stupidly good at destroying guys and being vicious. I still love that match he had with Cena at Extreme Rules a few years back, and that match with Show at the Rumble was one of the highlights of the night for me.

Chris Jericho used to be one of my very favourite wrestlers. His feud with Dean Malenko is one of the few angles from WCW that I still like as an adult. Plus I met Jericho one time and acted like a goony idiot, but he was still nice to me.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Vince McMahon is very considerate and helpful. When he has an idea for a cool thing for the announce team to say, he lets them know right then and there so they won't miss their chance and feel bad about it later.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mark Henry is good at all the parts of wrestling that don't involve wrestling matches for long periods of time.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Bray Wyatt is trying his best to get over a gimmick that doesn't really fit modern WWE and hasn't been booked for it.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I liked the renegade team of Miz and R-Truth and was pretty hype on them after they busted up a Cena cage match. And I only dislike the Miz (instead of hate), and don't hate R-Truth at all.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Naomi, thanks to you, my TV was graced by Vinny.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Kevin Nash was hilarious in Longest Yard and he was the final boss in Turtles in Time, one of the best SNES games ever.

Lince Dorado sold really well as a heel and his Armor King-looking BDK mask was pretty badass.

Ian Rotten bestowed upon us the term "shoot job."

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Endless Mike posted:

Naomi, thanks to you, my TV was graced by Vinny.

That's Cameron.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

He was honestly pretty okay as Nova in ECW.

Nova was extremely athletic and did a lot of really cool moves but it's been so long since I watched any ECW that I can't remember if that translated to good matches or not

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gavok posted:

Ian Rotten bestowed upon us the term "shoot job."

To expand on this, there was a 90 minute podcast that was just an excuse to keep Ian Rotten on the phone while about 9 people who hated him called him a worthless liar. The host kept using the phrase "shoot job at the taco bell" to describe Ian's day job when he was not promoting IWAMS. In particular there is a bit where the host uses the phrase three times in two sentences. It was a good podcast, we had a GDT for it, but ive lost the link. So I guess that's something I like about Ian Rotten.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Nova was the first person I ever saw do the Air Raid Crash which is a cool move.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

getitoffgetitoff posted:

That's Cameron.

I always get them confused. :(

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011
Matt Hardy was a good and entertaining wrestler ten years ago.

Hulk Hogan helped get lots of people interested in wrestling. And he loves his daughter.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
The Great Khali supports his family.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Tezzor posted:

The Great Khali supports his family.

He also gives the people of India a wrestling star worth cheering for.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

triplexpac posted:

He also gives the people of India a wrestling star worth cheering for.

Stop hindering the Jinder :colbert:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jinder Mahal is Canadian

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Nova was the first person I ever saw do the Air Raid Crash which is a cool move.

Nova has also somehow managed to get his finisher Air raid crash variant, the 'kryptonite krunch', into the WWE video games where it still exists to this day and looks like a sick nasty burning hammer more than it does an Air Raid crash, so thank you Simon Dean, for giving VGCW this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec7W6WI6qoE&t=717s

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I think the Miz genuinely loves wrestling, despite the irony of his main value to the WWE being for non-wrestling stuff.

The Ultimate Warrior is entertaining, just not because of anything he does in a wrestling ring.

The Great Khali seems like a great dude in real life and I wish he had gotten better health care a long time ago, for the sake of himself rather than his in-ring ability.

Steve Austin is easily one of the greatest of all time, and in retrospect he's a more intelligent and flexible performer than I ever could have believed.

Kevin Dunn, as near as I can tell, is really good at the job of stage-managing WWE shows.

Dynamite Kid is a legendary performer and inspired a whole generation of ring technicians.

Hardbody Harrison was the only interesting thing about the Toughman episode in which he appeared.

Without Michael Hayes we wouldn't have the Stone Cold Stunner.

HHH, for all his many faults, seems to actually care about having wrestling on a wrestling show.

Brock Lesnar knows how to play the monster role and moves great for such a big guy.

New Jack...is at least sane enough not to hate Molly Holly.

The Jiu-Jitsu Jackoffs, well, they actually learned a few cool spots from their BJJ background.

Ian Rotten's finishing move has a cool name.

I think David Otunga has a great look.

Kofi does do some cool spots.

I will always respect Lawler for his in-ring work and his program with Andy Kaufman.

The Rock: See Austin, Steve.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Stallion Cabana posted:

JBL threw a trashcan at Hornswaggle one time and it was hilarious
Hornswoggle got hit by a trash can one time and it was hilarious.

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control
A friend of mine who hasn't watched wrestling in years ended up watching this past Royal Rumble. He called Bray Wyatt and crew "those Duck Dynasty" guys which made me laugh, because Duck Dynasty is lovely and also Bray Wyatt is lovely. So thanks for making me laugh, Bray Wyatt.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE
Toxx Sonnet no. 11 - I disagree, Mr. Flair

To tell the truth, I think his offense sucks.
I don't believe his punches really hurt.
I don't mean like a work; I'm really struck
By how his overhands look so inert.

It's not that he was pushed a bit too fast.
He used to be a welcome part of RAW.
With Morrison, their antics on the web
Would have me laugh and clamouring for more.

That chicken promo, perfectly performed
And Daniel Bryan as his rookie chum
Were highlights of a TV star transformed.
Now he's hard to watch; the awesome one.

Atop the card is not what's best for biz
But as a midcard heel, I like The Miz.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
John Laurinaitas really worked as "devious backstage politician sliming his way up the corporate ladder" up until the point he actually got control of Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banjo
Jun 7, 2006

Chris Jericho had a good match once.

(truly a sign of John Cena's greatness)

• Locked thread