Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Graham was a competent worker. It's actually really fun watching Mike Graham wrestle guys like Flair and Bockwinkel and making them look like giants while having an old-school match with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Bill DeMott was a good choice for Goldberg's first victim.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

fart blood posted:

Mike Graham....uhh....well...I'm....I'm sure he paid his bills on time or something.

He did give us one of the best wrestling burns of all time

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Better burns than these?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think it's real hosed up that any of you can imply you dislike Mike Graham right here, on the very forum he created.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 19, 2014

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Triple H came up with the idea of the Elimination Chamber.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gavok posted:

Eric Bischoff came up with the idea of the Elimination Chamber.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

I've spent so much time clopping to fillies that my joints have locked up!

fart blood posted:

Mike Graham....uhh....well...I'm....I'm sure he paid his bills on time or something.

He had an ok mustache too. He was also short, so I guess he didn't have to worry about hitting his head when walking through door ways or something. Also his dad was a great booker. The end.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Bischoff invented it in kayfabe. Triple H apparently came up with the idea for reals.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

Parlett316 posted:

He did give us one of the best wrestling burns of all time

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Though really it probably came from a place of hating everyone that wasn't a 6'5+ hoss and hadn't drawn WWF upper card money and not a well thought out critique of Jeff Jarrett's own unwarranted self-importance. Mike Graham had a very, very specific idea of what a wrestler should be (which is hilarious because he fit none of those things himself; never drew, was tiny, had no charisma, never main evented to the degree he held other wrestlers to, never sold merch, etc.) but if you throw enough poo poo at the vanilla midget wall, some of it will eventually stick on someone I guess.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Maxwell Lord posted:

How can anyone hate Roddy Piper.

There's a million dummies in this thread who apparently hate awesome wrestlers.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

While Jericho way way WAY overestimates how good he is, he's still pretty drat good, even if he is a drunk driving shitbird.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gavok posted:

Bischoff invented it in kayfabe. Triple H apparently came up with the idea for reals.

If by came up with the idea you mean crying "I wanna do a War Games" over and over again until someone came up with something to sate his cage lust.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Occupy Japan posted:

Mike Graham had a very, very specific idea of what a wrestler should be (which is hilarious because he fit none of those things himself;

A tiny wrestling Hitler, if you will.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gonzo McFee posted:

If by came up with the idea you mean crying "I wanna do a War Games" over and over again until someone came up with something to sate his cage lust.

It really is sad that the War Games match has been lost to time. Like at this point if they brought it back, I don't think it would even matter. Sure they made that DVD, but I don't think the average WWE fan watched it.

Yeah they could hype up the history of the match and make a big deal of it again, it's just dumb they couldn't continue it's tradition because Vince hates southern wrasslin.

They could have done Nexus vs WWE, or Evolution vs whoever, or even Wyatts vs Shield. It would have overlapped with WCW, but DX vs the Nation or the Corporation would have been a cool Wargames match too.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Mike Quackenbush seems really passionate about wrestling and Chikara has been a fun promotion.

Jigsaw's mask is pretty cool looking; it reminds me of Deadpool.

Sandman had a cool intro song.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sandman's ability to drinks 12 beers and smoke a carton of cigarettes before every match was quite impressive.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maxwell Lord posted:

How can anyone hate Roddy Piper.

I missed the 80s so most of my initial exposure to Piper was largely feuding with the nWo, that incredibly racist picture of him in blackface, him calling Goldust a fag, and They Live. I don't hate Piper but I have mixed feelings.

They Live was cool though.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The ants in the colony are pretty cool wrestlers when they are in any other gimmick.

Colt had a pretty good feud with homicide once upon a time.

Brutus Magnus probably doesn't beat his kids.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I've always been fascinated by how Magnus' head looks like a guitar pick.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I laugh whenever Jerry Lawler does that "AAAAAAAGH" thing every time someone does a big move. It might be the only thing about his commentary I enjoy, which is good because he does it often.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Batista will probably be ok in that Marvel movie.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Batista will be dead one day.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Unguided posted:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Magnus is certainly the first British world heavyweight champion and does look like Hugh Jackman.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

Shawn Michaels put on pretty great matches even when he was neck deep in being a stupid dramatic pillhead piece of poo poo.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Just saw NXT Arrival, and I thought it was really awesome that Stephanie danced along to Emma's entrance music.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jeff Hardy put on a hell of a match with BikerTaker.

E: the "CLIMB THE LADDER, KID! MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS!" one

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Kevin Nash at least understands that you should come out of wrestling with a body and a retirement plan that works. He also once did a really cool move (the Emerald City Twister).

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Batista will go away soon to pursue movies once Guardians of the Galaxy gets released.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

He's on a 2-year contract so I wouldn't settle in that knowledge just yet.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

He's on a 2-year contract so I wouldn't settle in that knowledge just yet.

He didn't say he wasn't coming back, just that he was leaving.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Matt Hardy wasn't really fat(I haven't seen him in like a year & a half so he very well could be now).

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Regrettable posted:

Matt Hardy wasn't really fat(I haven't seen him in like a year & a half so he very well could be now).

He wasn't so much fat as he was out of shape, because he was unable to work out due to a hernia he was constantly aggravating by continuing to wrestle because he has the poo brain.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I like Abyss' execution on the Black Hole Slam.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Randy Orton's old release the doves thing with the pyro was actually very cool.

Kelly Kelly left wrestling to the pros and got out of the business.

The Bellas have actually been quite amusing on a couple of occasions - their whole "vegan" thing with Bryan, and were very effective heels opposite Kharma. And the one who's married to Bryan seems reasonably nice.

Piper worked pretty well in that Nexus/Cena segment a few years ago.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Johnny Grunge and New Jack were referenced in the Weezer song El Scorcho. That is a solid song and Pinkerton was a great album.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Batista looks great when he's dressed up as Pitbull.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Unguided posted:

Batista was pretty OK in Riddick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

I hope Batista enjoys his time off after Extreme Rules.

• Locked thread