Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Now you're just mashing the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Lord Hydronium posted:

there would be no onscreen torture in the entire series. Now that's weird.

Coffell?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lord Hydronium posted:

Oh, there would be no onscreen torture in the entire series. Now that's weird.

You forgot the part where Bauer threatened to shove a towel down that guys throat.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

You forgot the part where Bauer threatened to shove a towel down that guys throat.

That's not torture, the series is very clear on this point.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I literally just watched some of those S1 episodes today on Amzn and Jack used his Ninja "knife hand" on Coffell and stopped his heart before he even got to the towel. Torture?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

That's a threat of torture, definitely, but it would have been as far as 24 went. Except that I forgot Jack also beats the poo poo out of him, so, eh.

e: Just to be clear, I'm speaking in 24 terms, where merely threatening a painful death by torture is downright subtle in comparison to some of the later scenes.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 5, 2014

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
More people watched the Live Another Day finale than the series finale.
http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/24-ratings-1201275203/

movax
Aug 30, 2008

God, Miles is such a shitstain.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

homo punching bag posted:

HOly poo poo the actress who plays Chloe is so terrible I couldn't even take this show seriously. I checked out a few "Best of" lists to find out if there's a consensus on the best season and it was Season 5 by a wide margin. SO I watched that, and she's JUST AS BAD. Years later and she speaks her line with absolutely no gravity, and appears to be looking to someone just off-camera to show her how to move her face to portray the emotion she should currently be expressing. I wish she took that bullet instead of the constant love interest. Is she related to Sutherland or a big time producer in real life? How did she remain employed since season one?

Chloe is the best character on the show :colbert:

Seriously, how can you not love her permanent mega-bitch expression and tone in her voice, makes me laugh every time, with it's continual undercurrent of "You goddamned incompetent morons".

I will admit I didn't care for her the first season she appeared, but every season thereafter she continued to grow on me.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

regulargonzalez posted:

Chloe is the best character on the show :colbert:

Seriously, how can you not love her permanent mega-bitch expression and tone in her voice, makes me laugh every time, with it's continual undercurrent of "You goddamned incompetent morons".

I will admit I didn't care for her the first season she appeared, but every season thereafter she continued to grow on me.

She was a bit of a frump in season 3, but I think the writers soon realized she could be played for laughs a bit more and was actually a good foil for Jack.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Jack Bauer shotgunned a dog (pitbull) in S2 E4. Just saw that again. :twentyfour:

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Kal Penn is the worst terrorist
Wayne is the worst president
Sister Palmer is annoying as gently caress
Jack wishes he was back in China

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

movax posted:

Kal Penn is the worst terrorist
Wayne is the worst president
Sister Palmer is annoying as gently caress
Jack wishes he was back in China

Hey, we all hate season 6. I'm always one to look for the silver lining, though:
-nuclear explosion in a major US city
-final duel on exploding oil rig
-milo shot in the goddamn face

Just realized you might be posting that list cause you've never seen S6 before, so I spoilered my list for you

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I kinda liked Milo in season 1; he was a proto-Chloe, an abrasive but entertaining character offering snarky commentary on events from a somewhat outsider perspective.

Season 6 Milo was a dick who deserved to get shot in the face, though.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Hey, we all hate season 6. I'm always one to look for the silver lining, though:
-nuclear explosion in a major US city
-final duel on exploding oil rig
-milo shot in the goddamn face

Just realized you might be posting that list cause you've never seen S6 before, so I spoilered my list for you

You forgot Nadia.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

PaybackJack posted:

You forgot Nadia.

She can not be a terrorist. She is a registered Republican.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Godddamned the two blonde sisters in S2 are insufferable. Now I remember why I started bailing on this show back then and for good in S3 until S7.

Gonna keep watching on Amzn for the hell of it though, at least I can ffwd the filler parts and get right to the Jack Bauer action jackson.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Keyser S0ze posted:

Godddamned the two blonde sisters in S2 are insufferable. Now I remember why I started bailing on this show back then and for good in S3 until S7.

Gonna keep watching on Amzn for the hell of it though, at least I can ffwd the filler parts and get right to the Jack Bauer action jackson.

So you missed the best season in 5.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
By the end of the season I thought Kate Warner was a pretty cool character but yea the first 4-6 episodes of that storyline are just difficult to sit through. This was especially true when they aired because it was the follow-up to Season 1 which blew everybody away, and you had to wait a whole week just for more Warner family bullshit. Now I would just power through those first four episodes in one binge and get it over with.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

PaybackJack posted:

You forgot Nadia.

Definitely one of the best parts of season 6

:allears:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Basebf555 posted:

By the end of the season I thought Kate Warner was a pretty cool character but yea the first 4-6 episodes of that storyline are just difficult to sit through. This was especially true when they aired because it was the follow-up to Season 1 which blew everybody away, and you had to wait a whole week just for more Warner family bullshit. Now I would just power through those first four episodes in one binge and get it over with.

Not to mention at the time they had a lot of Ford advertising to deal with. A good portion of the first episode is just an excuse to get them to drive around in a brand new Ford Thunderbird.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

I like how President Taylor's hair slowly deflates over the course of 2 seasons and a movie

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGsburbQWJ8

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Awesome.

I really hope that's a teaser/lead in for another 12 episode Season 10. Tony released from jail to help Kate and Chloe break Jack out and stop some massive terrorist attack right?

Spoiled in case you haven't watched that video yet.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
It's something the showrunners wanted to do it seems. I doubt Fox sanctioned having a tease for more 24 on the DVD and Blu-ray. Though Fox would be stupid to not have more 24.

Keep in mind LAD pretty much ignored or contradicted "Chloe's Arrest" on the season 8 DVD.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 28, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
gently caress yeah. What they did to his character was so fuckin weird, hopefully they redeem him. Seems like that video is more or less a reset button, since what he's saying now is essentially what he claimed before.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I've made it to S3 Junkie Jack and he's wonderful. As usual, I despise some of the other characters like the President Palmer's slimy bro.

And yeah S2 Kate Warner got cool towards the end.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I want that Tony redemption arc for season ten more than just about anything else they could possibly put on TV.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Annakie posted:

I want that Tony redemption arc for season ten more than just about anything else they could possibly put on TV.

This, but second to "secret agent Behrooz shows up to save Jack from Russian prison"

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
24 Spoilers has the full 7 minute "Solitary" mini-film: http://www.24spoilers.com/2014/09/30/24-solitary-feature-tony-almeida/

Only Google Glass can save Jack now!

timeandtide fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Oct 2, 2014

Robotnik DDS
Oct 31, 2004

timeandtide posted:

24 Spoilers has the full 7 minute "Solitary" mini-film: http://www.24spoilers.com/2014/09/30/24-solitary-feature-tony-almeida/

Uhh, if that voice is really supposed to be George Mason of all people that would be the best/worst/most insane retcon ever

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

timeandtide posted:

Well gently caress you, FOX, now you have to make a season 10.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wasn't sold on that short at all.

Then the last scene happened and now I'm literally dying for a new season.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Yeah I was pretty upset when Tony attacked that lady and called her a bitch. Then really relieved at the reveal. But now if the new season doesn't a) happen and b) start with that scene (or immediately after. I'm going to be really sad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Annakie posted:

Yeah I was pretty upset when Tony attacked that lady and called her a bitch. Then really relieved at the reveal. But now if the new season doesn't a) happen and b) start with that scene (or immediately after. I'm going to be really sad.

It should start with a new cast at the FBI or whatever agency you want to use. Regular day, nothing or of the ordinary. Spend time introducing everyone and what they do. No word or hint of a terrorist threat. Then boom, something comes up the alert feed: Prison break on a max-security facility.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
It was ok.

My response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaC48KClhVA&t=23s

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Arlo from season 8 is now a regular on Bones

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...

ElwoodCuse posted:

Arlo from season 8 is now a regular on Bones

Sorry about that

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Robotnik DDS posted:

Uhh, if that voice is really supposed to be George Mason of all people that would be the best/worst/most insane retcon ever
I hate this dumb show so much. Everything post season 6 has been to me what season 8 of Dexter was to the rest of you.

But sure, why not? If the showrunner around season 2 laughed off the idea of bringing Jack's DAD into the drama, then why not commit to the pranky jokey fake ending they wrote for season 2 back then too? Let's bring Nina back! Evil Robo Palmer too. We've already got magic glasses, for chrissake.

(Disclaimer: this post was written by someone who gave up on Dexter after season 6 and might not have actually seen the bottom of the barrel.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

VagueRant posted:

(Disclaimer: this post was written by someone who gave up on Dexter after season 6 and might not have actually seen the bottom of the barrel.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBRvhIV81hY

• Locked thread