Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Bad Cop is just funny in general. Especially when you remember that he's played by Oskar Schindler.

I think my favorite bit with him may be when the heroes escape Bricktown, one of the robot cops specifically brings him a chair to kick around in a fit of rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think my favorite bit with him may be when the heroes escape Bricktown, one of the robot cops specifically brings him a chair to kick around in a fit of rage.

The only reason that moment doesn't get more of a laugh from me, is because I'm already out of breath from the haphazard way all the pursuing police vehicles crash against the wall. It looks quite fittingly like a child just threw them at it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Really? Is there no end to his talents?

He's amazing!

It was a running joke in the commentary.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I feel silly for not noticing before, but Lord Business' helmet and cape are a giant necktie.

The same one that the "man upstairs" is wearing in the movie.

This movie just keeps getting better.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Steve Yun posted:

I feel silly for not noticing before, but Lord Business' helmet and cape are a giant necktie.

The same one that the "man upstairs" is wearing in the movie.

This movie just keeps getting better.

Dammit I'm already saving for the Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP next month, quit making me want to pick up the Lord Business' Lair :argh:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
How long do you think the Spaceship X3 will be around for? I'm probably going to want to pick up another couple before they go out of production, but they also seem to be pretty drat popular as well. I'd wager they're among the highest sellers of the entire movie line.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Greenpeace just released a brickfilm ad against Lego's partnership with Shell. It's a pitch-perfect Lego Movie homage, though.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
This movie had me in absolute stiches, and the theme song is unbelievably fun and catchy (Tegan&Sara feat. Lonely Island? Yes please!). I know what everyone in my family's getting for Christmas!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just picked up the SPACESHIP SPACESHIP SPACESHIP set and it's way bigger than I thought it was gonna be. I haven't finished it yet (I had to go to work) but I can't really imagine a child being able to play with it.

It's pretty awesome so far, though. The large builds are always super satisfying to watch come together.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

lelandjs posted:

Just picked up the SPACESHIP SPACESHIP SPACESHIP set and it's way bigger than I thought it was gonna be. I haven't finished it yet (I had to go to work) but I can't really imagine a child being able to play with it.

It's pretty awesome so far, though. The large builds are always super satisfying to watch come together.

Lego is subtly encouraging kids to build by the directions and then blow it all up to make smaller spaceships to crash together.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

404GoonNotFound posted:

Dammit I'm already saving for the Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP next month, quit making me want to pick up the Lord Business' Lair :argh:

You can pick up the Lord himself on BrickLink for around $20 or so, that's what I did until I just got the set without any figs.

The commentary is ridiculously amazing. I only wish that Morgan or Liam could have joined in.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

lelandjs posted:

Just picked up the SPACESHIP SPACESHIP SPACESHIP set and it's way bigger than I thought it was gonna be.

Seriously.

Just look at this thing.

Nearly two feet long and eighteen inches wide. It takes up about a quarter of the card table I built it on. I remember thinking it looked smaller in the movie, and then I remembered that Will Ferrell is a pretty big guy.

EDIT: I felt I should mention a couple of my favorite features:

Retracting/expanding wings, via pushing or pulling on one of the engines in back.
Missiles actually fire via spring-loaded housing.
Secondary, hidden cockpit under Unikitty's seating spot. All in all, has space for eight minifigs.

Meaty Ore fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 25, 2014

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I did not know that it came with a space Unikitty. That just makes me want it more.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I remember seeing the commercials for this before it came out and thinking it'd be a 2 hour commercial.

Then we watched it with extended family on vacation a month ago and HOLY CRAP are we addicted to it. Such a great movie. We ended up getting my 80s era Legos out and putting a bunch together. Then we got Lord Business's Evil Lair. And the video game. And probably Benny's Spaceship this weekend.

So much fun!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Benny's Spaceship is seriously fantastic and has an obscene amount of parts for a hundred bucks. Most of the pieces are sizable too, the ratio of small bits to huge ones is surprisingly even for a big set.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Captain Invictus posted:

Benny's Spaceship is seriously fantastic and has an obscene amount of parts for a hundred bucks. Most of the pieces are sizable too, the ratio of small bits to huge ones is surprisingly even for a big set.

It also has a set of decals for some of the parts, but I didn't apply them; in the spirit of the movie, I thought, "well, this is a pretty great set, but what if I decide to take it apart and want to try building something else?" Using them just seemed like they would make some of the pieces too kit-specific for my tastes.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Meaty Ore posted:

"well, this is a pretty great set, but what if I decide to take it apart and want to try building something else?"
It'll be like the time I converted NASA from building space craft to race cars :dealwithit:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

japtor posted:

It'll be like the time I converted NASA from building space craft to race cars :dealwithit:

More like NASACAR. :colbert:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Meaty Ore posted:

It also has a set of decals for some of the parts, but I didn't apply them; in the spirit of the movie, I thought, "well, this is a pretty great set, but what if I decide to take it apart and want to try building something else?" Using them just seemed like they would make some of the pieces too kit-specific for my tastes.

I have some sets where I've applied about half the decals. Like, I didn't apply the space agency logos to my satellite launch truck, because that way I can reuse the truck-shaped parts for other things that need truck-shaped parts. I did stick them on the white cylinders and R2 bodies, because I already have a bunch of those. (This discussion probably goes in an AFOL thread or something, is there one?)

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
I really wish they'd put out some instructions for some of the other vehicles in the movie. My son has been OBSESSED with building Bad Cop's "police car with wheels" from the flying version and I can't get anything to work right. :(

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

More like NASACAR. :colbert:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/ :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Keiya posted:

(This discussion probably goes in an AFOL thread or something, is there one?)

Yup! Over here.

• Locked thread