Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

TryAgainBragg posted:

Would love some kind of super-brand-team-up with Marvel in the mix as well fighting off the "alien invaders".

I loved the half-second Bionicle reference with 'let's not talk about that stuff', maybe they'll need them to fight off the Duplo army. :black101:

This movie was just perfect. When it cut to the real world out of the blue (I had recognized all the 'artifacts' as real-world items but I figured that was as far as the movie was going to go with it) it really took me out of the zone for a second, but what they did with that was amazing.

I am a grown rear end man and I feel no shame in admitting I was tearing up a bit at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Marvel in a Lego Movie sequel is most likely not going to happen, seeing as the movie was made by WB, which owns DC. Then again, Star Wars was owned by Disney like Marvel is, and it got a cameo, and DC and Marvel have worked together before, so eh.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

WB publishes the LEGO games, and LEGO Marvel came out last year (as well as an animated film.) It could happen, and a LEGO Movie sequel could be the perfect venue for DC and Marvel antics.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Detective No. 27 posted:

WB publishes the LEGO games, and LEGO Marvel came out last year (as well as an animated film.) It could happen, and a LEGO Movie sequel could be the perfect venue for DC and Marvel antics.
Could there be a LEGO DC vs Marvel game? That would make my day.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This is the punishment for those who say Legos instead of Lego bricks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I say Legos for two reasons mostly: because it really doesn't make a difference, and because it annoys anal people

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
As much as I loved the OG Benny style SPACESHIP!!! line, I still think Futuron is one of the best sets they've put out. It just looked so classy.

As opposed to Blacktron, which was just stupid and something Batman would probably like. t:mad:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You're just mad because you're not dark and brooding and cool.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Waffleman_ posted:

Ironically, like firewalking, it's less dangerous than it looks. Stepping on a single Lego hurts because the pressure is concentrated on one point of your foot. Dividing it among a whole bunch of Legos makes it much less likely to penetrate painfully.

Also, that's a waste of perfectly good Legos.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Zemyla posted:

Ironically, like firewalking, it's less dangerous than it looks. Stepping on a single Lego hurts because the pressure is concentrated on one point of your foot. Dividing it among a whole bunch of Legos makes it much less likely to penetrate painfully.

That applies to neatly arranged Legos, but does it apply to chaotically scattered ones?

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
One thing I've learned from buying this movie: UltraViolet is the biggest piece of poo poo for which mankind has ever been responsible. I don't know a single person who works for this service and yet I hate every single one of them. The longer it takes for their customer service to sort out my issues, the more I appreciate iTunes working as nicely as it does.

On the lighter side, the Everything is Awesome Edition packaging is fantastic. I really wasn't expecting it to be anything more than a box with a bunch of poo poo in it, but they really delivered.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Waffleman_ posted:

Argh, why are they spoiling the movie with the live action stuff in those promo ads? Terrible, just show the other trailers.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zemyla posted:

Those are a lot of gray pieces, it looks like they just opened one of those 4000 piece Star Destroyer or Death Star sets.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

drunkill posted:

Argh, why are they spoiling the movie with the live action stuff in those promo ads? Terrible, just show the other trailers.

They're probably just playing the movie on repeat.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's kind of hilarious that in the Japanese dub they just did away with foreshadowing entirely and made Emmett an actual 8 & 1/2 year-old boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6X6BPOWkog

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's also kinda hilarious how the entire Japanese dub is like 5 people.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Haha, what's with the giant yellow "?" over where Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet would be?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's kind of hilarious that in the Japanese dub they just did away with foreshadowing entirely and made Emmett an actual 8 & 1/2 year-old boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6X6BPOWkog

This looks like a hilarious reason to watch the movie for a third time.

I like how Batman has Generic Stern Japanese Teacher voice.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Hewlett posted:

Haha, what's with the giant yellow "?" over where Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet would be?

From the YouTube comments:

quote:

It's not censorship for anything--it's a teaser to try and get the viewer to see the movie. "What do you think blew up? The answer is at the theater/come see the movie to find out"

Basically since Wonder Woman isn't as popular there they had to add a joke since the invisible jet would be a non sequitur. Also they cut out the Abraham Lincoln gag, probably for the same reason.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Why is an 8 year old boy shaving.

Feriowind
Mar 22, 2009

But how does it taste?
They changed the Japanese dub to have more similar voices to original actors, so Emmet and Benny both sound like adult men. Was pretty disappointed when I found this out, but the dub is still good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Honestly, I think Emmet works better as a manchild than a literal child.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Charlie Day sounded like a 13 year old kid to me in this movie already so now I'm just extra confused.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

One of my favorite things about this movie is picturing the faces Liam Neeson must have made doing the voices he did for Good Cop and Pa Cop.

I don't think I caught that Shaq did his own voicework, either.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Jet Jaguar posted:

One of my favorite things about this movie is picturing the faces Liam Neeson must have made doing the voices he did for Good Cop and Pa Cop.

It's another thing I love about Miller and Lord, that they're willing and able to get the bigger names for the smallest cameos. Sure, they couldn't get Harrison Ford, but on Clone High, dammit, they got Michael J. Fox to cameo for literally three words in a cutaway gag.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jet Jaguar posted:

Oh no, they were ready for it!

I watched the movie again last night. Still so good.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crappy Jack posted:

It's another thing I love about Miller and Lord, that they're willing and able to get the bigger names for the smallest cameos. Sure, they couldn't get Harrison Ford, but on Clone High, dammit, they got Michael J. Fox to cameo for literally three words in a cutaway gag.

I miss him!

Glad to hear that they got an adult to voice Emmitt for the Japansese version after all. Chris Pratt as a good choice for a host of reasons, but mostly because he has that sense of childlike wonder in his voice DESPITE being a grown-rear end man. So when the ending comes, it's almost a Sixth Sense/Usual Suspects "the twist was in front of me the whole time!" moment. Except, y'know, the twist isn't the only reason to watch the movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Something I noticed on my rewatch, when Emmet has his vision from the PoR, you can clearly see flashes of Finn and The Man Upstairs, as well as Them both talking about how Finn's not allowed to touch TMU's stuff.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Jet Jaguar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC6WJ3fTUkc&t=392s

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Honestly, I think Emmet works better as a manchild than a literal child.

I want to see this movie again with the little boy recast as a fat middle-aged man in a Batman t-shirt. Change none of the lines.

e: Actually just give the role of the little boy to Kevin Smith, he's like the poster-manchild

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's not what I meant, but it's hilarious.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Ha! "Move along, nothing to see here..." And the litany of "sorry" is great.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So I watched the movie again today with the commentary, and it's pretty amusing. Especially the part where they have Elizabeth Banks on speakerphone for like 45 minutes.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Bad Cop's first scene will never not crack me up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bad Cop is just funny in general. Especially when you remember that he's played by Oskar Schindler.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Waffleman_ posted:

So I watched the movie again today with the commentary, and it's pretty amusing. Especially the part where they have Elizabeth Banks on speakerphone for like 45 minutes.

Does the iTunes version not have the commentary track? I got a gift card for my birthday and I want to buy some movies, but there doesn't seem to be a commentary track included.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't think so. At least, I'm pretty sure the Ultraviolet digital copy that came with my Blu-Ray doesn't have special features on it, so why would iTunes be different?

Also, Chris Pratt was totally the visual effects supervisor. He supervised those effects good and hopes they hire him for the sequel.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't think so. At least, I'm pretty sure the Ultraviolet digital copy that came with my Blu-Ray doesn't have special features on it, so why would iTunes be different?

Also, Chris Pratt was totally the visual effects supervisor. He supervised those effects good and hopes they hire him for the sequel.

The iTunes version has the shorts and Bringing Lego to Life, Everything is Awesome singalong, fan-made films, deleted scenes, and "much more." I'm just not sure if "much more" includes the commentary.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If it's got all that, then it probably does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Waffleman_ posted:

Really? Is there no end to his talents?

• Locked thread