Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«78 »
MrYenko
Jun 17, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The Slaughter posted:

Thinking about applying for an air safety inspector job for the airlines. But first I have to redo my entire resume in their byzanitine format. Why is the government like this? Would the whole thing just be an exercise in screaming "there's a less stupid way to do this!"?

You should see it from the INSIDE.

Itís like a clown car of failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

MrYenko posted:

It’s like a clown car of failure.

Rincey
Jan 12, 2001

The Slaughter posted:

Thinking about applying for an air safety inspector job for the airlines. But first I have to redo my entire resume in their byzanitine format. Why is the government like this? Would the whole thing just be an exercise in screaming "there's a less stupid way to do this!"?

Actually, they won't change their job application system, because if you're already frustrated at the applying-for-a-job stage, you absolutely will not last long as a Federal employee and they should've just hired someone else anyway

Rincey
Jan 12, 2001

Ask Me About Air Traffic Control: Why is the government like this?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

Itís like a clown car of failure.

I've been hired for one of those jobs. I'm actually amazed that the one shows not hired. I think that's the first time there has been any sort of change in status in under 6 months.

If you're applying for the same job types it gets easier as you can just update forms and poo poo. It's still an annoying mess and you get pretty much zero feedback and are just left in the dark about anything that's happening with the hiring process.

The Slaughter
Jan 28, 2002

cat scratch fever

Rincey posted:

Actually, they won't change their job application system, because if you're already frustrated at the applying-for-a-job stage, you absolutely will not last long as a Federal employee and they should've just hired someone else anyway

Yeah, I figured it was the first test.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Just got the email that says we're going 5 on 5 off starting June 7th. I was expecting it because of the weather, still sucks. One of the reasons they're giving for it is because of prime time leave. Who the gently caress is going to be using leave right now? Apparently several airlines are planning to increase flights starting in June too. Because I'm sure that the demand will be there since passengers are only down 95% right now.

MrYenko
Jun 17, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Glad I wasnít on the schedule yesterday.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

Glad I wasn’t on the schedule yesterday.

Did that get in the building?

MrYenko
Jun 17, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

fknlo posted:

Did that get in the building?

No, but Iím pretty sure all the cars in the parking lot were toast. It got into some of the ancillary buildings.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

No, but Iím pretty sure all the cars in the parking lot were toast. It got into some of the ancillary buildings.

I'd be so pissed if my car got flooded at work. Hail is super likely at both facilities I've worked at and I've accepted that it's inevitable, but flooding? I assume that has happened before?

MrYenko
Jun 17, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

fknlo posted:

I'd be so pissed if my car got flooded at work. Hail is super likely at both facilities I've worked at and I've accepted that it's inevitable, but flooding? I assume that has happened before?

Not in anyoneís memory. Past couple days were pretty wet even by south Florida standards, and Miamiís flooding troubles are getting worse.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

Not in anyoneís memory. Past couple days were pretty wet even by south Florida standards, and Miamiís flooding troubles are getting worse.

What you're insinuating is extremely illegal in Florida...

You have a Tesla, right?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status...9339425792?s=20

You know what you have to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 17, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I had water roll over the hood of my volt once from an unexpectedly deep parking lot exit. That scared me more than the time I felt my Camaro float.

Sadly, neither of those stories are STDH. I wish they were.

«78 »