Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

The Ferret King posted:

Our training situation here is a bit ridiculous (people taking 4+ years to certify at a level 9 Tower/TRACON facility) and I really try to make sure that I'm providing useful feedback to the trainee, as well as accurately documenting the training session on the evaluation form we fill out after every session. Recently, we designated a computer for training reports, and I've been able to type reports into a PDF and print them out. Much to my trainee's chagrin, this allows me to write WALLS OF TEXT quite rapidly, and provide tons of references to our manuals.

Any chance you can get me a copy of that PDF? I'm at controller at NORCAL and would love to be able to type my trainee's reports instead of writing them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
Awesome! Thanks for the link didn't know the FAA made this!

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
While we do use strips at our facility, we only use highly decorated strip holders with our initials to determine who''s up for break next.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

Jealous Cow posted:

A flight with a friend of mine on it had to turn around and land back at SFO. UA213. I was able to track them on LiveATC until Departure handed them off to NorCal departure on 124.32.

I cannot find 124.32 anywhere, other than a reference to that frequency being deprecated back in 2004.

The frequency change is read back and they disappear from the channel. I can’t find them after that, and they hadn’t yet asked for a turn back.

I’d like to hear what they reported the issue as. My friend said not too long after takeoff the plane started vibrating severely and they were told they needed to return to the airport due to a mechanical issue. They flew around for an extra 20 mins or so over the South Bay before returning.

He reported an issue with his #1 engine. I was working an adjacent sector when this all happened.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
At our facility we've gotten food from XOJET, United, CATCA, and supposedly from a bunch of old rich women. Im not a fan of not getting paid and now I'm getting fat from all the food during this furlough.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone else get that email regarding GEFTA? We basically get free leave now until the shutdown ends?

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone have a unique or awesome break room at work? Our Local wants to update ours beyond just a TV and some sofas. We were thinking of putting in a few videogame stations for starters but I'm curious if your facility has done anything similar or beyond that. Post pics if you can.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

fknlo posted:

The differences between natca areas in facilities is pretty nuts. ZKC has a closet with some computers and a TV. ZDV has an entire wing of the building.

Any idea what they put in that wing for the members? TVs, videogames? DVD library?

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

so what you're saying is if i wait until 2:30AM, i might have a chance of doing a few laps in the pattern on 28R?

Actually you might be able to do an IFR practice approach to SFO at that time. Really up to the controller in Area B, they work the finals to SFO at NCT.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
Don't know if it's allowed but can anyone post a picture of their break room or describe it? We're planning on upgrading our break room but would love some ideas if by chance anyone thinks they have an outstanding one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

its all nice on rice posted:

Ours is just a big rectangle with a couple of booths and a bunch of tables. There are three computers in little cubicle-like areas. We have a TV next to the table covered in medical insurance info from 2021.
We used to have three microwaves and two fridges. One of each broke. They've yet to replace them. TBF to the fridge, though, it's just a freezer that won't go above 20F now. The toaster oven has years of carbon build up and smokes within 2 minutes of being turned on.
The fridges and microwaves are the commercial ones from the restaurant that used to be leased out but has been vacant for years and recently gutted. It's chair storage now.

Wow that's uh.. depressing. Do people actually hangout in there? If so are they bringing laptops or console's to play videogames? Sleeping in there?