Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SCOTLAND
Feb 26, 2004
Anybody here work MIA? I'm curious if it's actually a big deal that you check in 10 prior when overflying Cuba on the way back from South America? Or have relations thawed enough that you talk to each other these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCOTLAND
Feb 26, 2004

ausgezeichnet posted:

Jesus, I loving hate Guard Nazis.

I had an interesting situation last night coming back from Switzerland to the US. Gander Center apparently forgot all about us and we flew out of their sector way beyond VHF range. We found a random Montreal Center sector on JeppView and contacted them for a good freq. Before he let us go, the Montreal controller wanted to know how we got that freq and why we were calling (it seemed pretty obvious and we initially told him what happened). It was almost like he wanted to stick it to the Gander controller for losing us. Is this a thing?

Canada scrambled F18s back in 2012 for a plane over Quebec that lost comms on coast in, so I assume they are far more vigilant these days.

http://avherald.com/h?article=452cd443