Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

So I have something called REM sleep behavior disorder. All it does is make my legs twitch while I sleep, no other symptoms. I have a prescription for 0.5mg klonopin that I can take to stop the twitching, but I could certainly live without it. As far as the medical goes, how long would I have to be off klonopin to not have it disqualify me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

All right, the application period for the trainee ATCs is over in about 3 hours. Just tinkered with my resume and re-submitted it. I'll be watching this thread for people to announce if they end up hearing something back. And if I end up getting a sweet job because I played superheroes with Tommy years and years ago, then I will flip my poo poo in this thread.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

So any rumors on the off-the-street hiring firing back up again anytime soon?

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Tommy 2.0 posted:

If you are wanting to get hired, get your poo poo together. March.

Meaning another off-the-street hiring on usajobs.gov? This will be my last chance before I turn 31 in 2016 :ohdear:

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

The Ferret King posted:

I updated the second post with more fleshed out information on the hiring process. I'll continue to work on it as needed:

How long does it take to work through the different D levels?

I'm really excited about the new hiring round coming up. I washed out at the Bio-Q last time. Probably will again, because that thing made no sense.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Tommy 2.0 posted:

San Juan CENRAP is a poo poo hole of a place to work. Don't ever think of trying to go. Long checkouts with horrible work conditions.

Guam is a free checkout. We are talking way less than a year if you can breathe through your nose. It's not a bad gig and pays way more than the facility rating shows due to incentives and poo poo.

Anchorage? No clue.

What does checkout mean in this context?

I'm eagerly awaiting the OTS hiring thing this month. But if those academy grads mentioned last page were only offered jobs at Miami and then a bunch of middle-of-nowheres, is that indicative of how it might be for people who start the hiring process this month?

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

MrYenko posted:

It's totally random, just like every other part of the entire loving process. (It's really awful.)

Yeah, I mean I would quit my current stable, government job to go to academy and all that if I got through, but if I found out that meant I was going to end up in Guam I would probably have to deal with regret. How easy is it to transfer around between towers and centers once you become certified?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Yeah no questions about what I did in high school this time, but still plenty of questions where I didn't understand why I could only pick one answer. Well, fingers crossed!