Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

fknlo posted:

New Bid Out

Have to have 52 weeks of certified experience.

BUT!

quote:

NOTE-If you do not have a minimum of 52 weeks of certified air traffic control experience you will NOT qualify under this announcement. We hope you will instead consider applying for an announcement for entry-level ATCS trainees currently scheduled to be issued in March 2015.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Also 29 and applied friday, I'm coming from a recently completed machine tool apprenticeship for the automotive parts industry so hopefully my now intimate familiarity with that training model, reams of version controlled documentation, and hopelessly antiquated interfaces to multi-million dollar equipment will all be useful.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Rejected!! Turn thirty in July too so time to double down on machining.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

JohnClark posted:

Better than the goddamn Saab 340s that Colgan used to fly into Dulles. Half the time on initial check-in, "Colgan 3824 with alpha, operationally restricted to 180 knots". :smith:

Oh god I was a passenger on one of those flights around 2008 and I was sure we were gonna have a wing strike.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Regarding climb rates, being on a mostly empty MD-88 from DFW to OKC is the most fun I've ever had as a commercial passenger.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/USDOL/status/900810344746143744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Geologically, not demographically

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

I'm listening to the MDW CTAF at https://www.liveatc.net/hlisten.php?mount=kmdw_1&icao=kmdw
Is it normal for people to pattern work and touch and gos at Midway?

The ghost of Meigs is finally avenged and at peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

early 2000s Sun Workstations