Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Testikles posted:

Air-ran with a green livery flying out of Tehran. Long live the Shah!

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

TheMcD posted:

Yeah, I like keeping Rome as well and moving towards a Rome/London route, while expanding in both spots to grab some insurance in the European market. Slots, hotels, what have you. I don't think we've got to get another route in Europe just yet, since we're still feeling out the other routes and don't know their full potential yet, and we might be running short on planes if we move too fast.

Instead, we should be looking to either Africa or Asia to abuse that new-found relation with Britain. I'd say we might be better off moving towards Asia and snatching up Hong Kong while ConAir fucks about taking Olympic cities for the short-term.

I second this vote.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

biz and planes please.

Also buy more Doug. Maybe a jet, possibly??

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Planes, planes, more planes!

Max out Rome too

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Budget planes

I am beginning to get jet envy...when will it be feasible to get DC-8s?

Is hong Kong making a profit? Maybe max that out before expanding?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

A_Raving_Loon posted:

An 8-30 is $52.8M, while an 8-50 is $54.45M. With only a $1.65M difference in price for a strictly better aircraft, I'd say there's no reason to buy a 30 over a 50.

Buying two more planes from MDC ($30,800 on 2 Doug being the cheapest option) will make us qualify for the 10% brand loyalty discount, saving 5.4M on all future 8-50s and 1.4M on future Doug.

If the budget swings the right way, we could buy an 8-50 right away, Q1'62 and launch it Q2.

It's a nice thought. I will open the floor to votes For or Against a permanent 25% Flex Budget

I am for all of this.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

budget Routes

set sights on America (if we can)

get those Rome slots!

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Juvenalian.Satyr posted:

In that case, crack open that piggybank, put all funds towards planes, and let's awaken the unspeakable with our flex.

Awww gently caress yeahhhhhh *sweet air guitar solo*

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Asia, let's get that sweet Olympic monies

Budget routes

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Techno Remix posted:

Let's budget for planes this time around, focusing on growing and modernizing our fleet. The jet age is here and we'd be fools not to take advantage of it. If there's room in the budget, see what can be done with that modernization to make THROM even more of a living, breathing, magical cash machine.

Next year, I hope we can start the march onto Murica's turf. Oh yes.

I don't even know this year. I'm gonna say flex and agitate for DC-8 to sate THROM.

What about the 727? It would be nice running between our non American hubs? We don't have a history with Boeing though,so maybe see if Douglas comes up with a new jet and jump on it like a mad dog.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I wanna DC-9!!

Actually I wanna Lotta them.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

good. I like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

MadcapViking posted: