Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Testikles posted:

Air-ran with a green livery flying out of Tehran. Long live the Shah!

Voting this.

I'm interested in how this LP will go, since Aerobiz is a game that I could never quite get the hang of as a kid. I always ran out of money. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The Merry Marauder posted:

Don't, uh, don't connect to Cairo just yet. ...or Algiers.

You're right. Let's bid for placement in Tunis and Berlin.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

I'd like to change my vote- if there are still slots available in Tehran, we should bid on them right away. I would recommend against doing a Tehran-Islamabad route, since only ten people or so will ever ride it per week.

Do you get charged for having unused slots? If so, we should probably return Islamabad's slots immediately and focus on regional and long-term routes that people will actually use.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

CommaToes posted:

pre:
   Jason     Kimberley

Trini      Billy         Zack

We must do this.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

How are our relations with the British at the moment? If they are hostile or wary toward us, then we should help them out in order to smooth future business deals over. If they're neutral or friendly, though, then we don't really have that much to gain from this and should decline. We weren't the ones who polluted Lagos' airport, after all.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

A part of me wants to see a trans-Atlantic route between Rome and Washington DC, and then establishing a South American hub in Havana, just to see how long it lasts. But, it would probably be wiser to expand our flights in Europe and Asia, in the order of Paris, Shanghai, Athens, Taipei, Vienna, Singapore, Madrid, and Bangkok. Also, if it can be squeezed in, a route to Calcutta might be worth acquiring, if only to use up leftover slots in Tehran's airport.

:gonk:

At least you made some money off of this, right?

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

Juvenalian.Satyr posted:

I would actually recommend Cuba as a future South America because 'Murica would struggle to compete with us there due to the national enmity.

Whatever could you be talking about? Batista is a proud ally of the United States. :patriot:

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

Oh crap, where did all our money go? We should probably only do one more route and then hold back, since we're running low on funds.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

I vote that there not be a new update until the next page, because these are a lot of images. :downs:

Or, rather, that another update would be way too many images.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

Buying up new planes and businesses requires some cash standing around, so I vote 50/50 Flex/Bank.

Seconding this, although maybe we shouldn't be buying new businesses until we're in better financial health.

Would increasing fares slightly on routes with 100% ridership be a wise option, or are we only getting that many passengers due to low ticket prices? There doesn't seem to be that much genuine fat to cut, other than possibly the hotel in Tashkent, but even that will pay for itself in time.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

Now that we have a little more money, we should add flights to the routes at 100% capacity, and add connections to places that are sure bets like Tokyo. I would also like, as part of a long-term strategy, to expand our presence in Europe, if only because seeing AirMarx ahead of us in any metric seems wrong.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

I believe we should cement our position in southeast Asia before taking the leap across the Atlantic. Budget routes and planes, and see if routes to Taipei, Seoul, Osaka, Fukuoka, and/or Sapporo would be worth looking into.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

Bloodly posted:

You modified a quote for this, I'm sure. What was it?

It's originally from The Call of Cthulhu.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

We've been doing better than expected. Let's treat ourselves to a boat. :spooky:

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

Boat votes basically mean banking all of our profits until we can afford a ferry in Athens, right? Because if it means something else, I'd like to change it specifically to this.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

Krysmphoenix posted:

anti-boat, we can party and waste all of our hard earned money after we win the game

We're not going to win the game. No way, not with the enormous lead AirMurica has on us. :ssh:

Pro-boat, in Hong Kong so it can be used to bring people to and from mainland China. Also because it would be much more useful for us than in one of the other cities. Why did we even entertain the thought of Athens to begin with?

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

If we can afford to do so, and have planes ready for them, we should open routes to Madrid and New York.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

I'll be voting routes, specifically New York and wherever else in Europe or SE Asia that would help us.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think that going into Mexico City would have enough traffic, given that both Murica and ConAir have set up hubs there? Havana may not have particularly good stats, but it would be a lot cheaper and may give us better results.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

Don't you dare lay a hand on our precious boat. :saddowns:

Actually, I'd like to change my vote from establishing a hub in Havana, to upgrading as many flights out of Rome as possible, so that we might free up space for future routes.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

Permanent abdication to the CEO, he's more or less the only one who has any idea how this game works. We've had about as much growth as AirMarx in the same amount of time.

Fourthing this.

What is the name of the phenomenon whereby a democracy votes to abolish itself and institute a dictatorship, anyway?

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

Poor Jerry, he can never catch a break.

So, what's next for this LP?

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

TheMcD posted:

I still want to see Phoenix Travel in red, but based out of Moscow instead.

Voting for this, because this scenario is our last chance to play as the Soviet Union.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

A_Raving_Loon posted:

Actually, Scenario 3 starts in '85, so we'd be able to catch the very end of them.

Oh, whoops. If it's not too late, I'd like to change my vote to Flannel, out of Vancouver, colored red.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

The Parisian airline should be Descart(es), so they can fly Cartesian planes.

This is a terrible pun, which means I have to vote for it. Although, I believe the color should be changed to purple.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

Juvenalian.Satyr posted:

I think for Singapore, ConAir2 is the only real choice. The sequel that never came but has been long awaited.

Shinarato posted:

For New Dehli I think it should be SandAir for when you don't know which airline to fly.

(also bad puns)

Seconding these, with the caveat that they be violet and plum, respectively.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

Defer to the CEO for this, and all future updates.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

I don't see anything about having Loon play the game without our input, even to say that the vote failed. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

We should do Beijing for Asia, Havana for S. America, and Sydney for Oceania. The first two should be self-explanatory, and Sydney is the largest city in its respective region.

• Locked thread