Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I got a WoC disc earlier and traded it to Ronald. There's 2x EXP this weekend, again. Get ready!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

In perpetual motion sickness.
Just thought I'd update on my absence the past couple of days with how I've been dreaming about grinding...

Neocrack, goons. Neocrack.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
I managed to grind my Spy rigger to 20 this weekend on mutants. Dex and Int are shooting up but I'm having an impossible time raising Str and Psi. I thought missions might be the answer but the amount they raise Str and Psi by is virtually non-existent. Any tips?

Guess I should say I need Str for the bone implants that might give me a chance to react if some mutant spawns on top of me.

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

Exioce posted:

Any tips?

For Con, get Kaz or somebody to beat you to death in your apartment when you take out your Law Enforcer chip. For Str, repairing a vehicle or missions are pretty much your only outlets. Psi is pretty much just missions, but your epic will give you lots of XP there and a spy can use some basic PPU spells which are sort of useful and will level you slowly. But when you cap everything else, just do recycling missions (more on that later) to level the easy stuff and it'll allow you to swap factions super fast!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I apologize if anyone has come into mumble and not found anyone. I look for people a lot, but we have been hanging out in the clan mumble as well. Here's the info for anyone looking to join, I updated the OP:

blackcartel.leetskeet.info:11014 password: Taco

I'd be happy to help anyone level con or str/dex/int by repping a vehicle. Just hop on mumble and let me know! Only takes about an hour to get 60+ dex/int/str. Con takes a bit longer but getting to 40 only takes about an hour as well.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Kazvall posted:

I apologize if anyone has come into mumble and not found anyone. I look for people a lot, but we have been hanging out in the clan mumble as well. Here's the info for anyone looking to join, I updated the OP:

blackcartel.leetskeet.info:11014 password: Taco

I'd be happy to help anyone level con or str/dex/int by repping a vehicle. Just hop on mumble and let me know! Only takes about an hour to get 60+ dex/int/str. Con takes a bit longer but getting to 40 only takes about an hour as well.

Closer towards this weekend I'll be leveling a tank to go with my droner, and theoretically I'll be getting my friend who played years ago to come back for a bit. Especially the double xp thing isn't a lie.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Save all your cash til then so you can buy some nanites.

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

Double XP coming round and my loving computer shits out and refuses to start. Thanks, fujitsu and Neocron devs. :smith:

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Got to 80 PSI tonight just leisurely zapping bugs.

I have funds if we need nanites to cap peoples stats.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I fell asleep stupid early last night. This means I will be on very late tonight. Let's try and own all the leveling spots so we can piss off the other clans.

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
So I am getting board of MB, and have the 74 dex drone, so I went to El Farid. I keep getting kicked for being too idle. Is there any workaround for this? I see online that it is a known issue that was patched, and in the meantime they recommend moving around move, the droning and moving don't really go together. I assume this will be a problem at other indoor spots.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

SubjectVerbObject posted:

So I am getting board of MB, and have the 74 dex drone, so I went to El Farid. I keep getting kicked for being too idle. Is there any workaround for this? I see online that it is a known issue that was patched, and in the meantime they recommend moving around move, the droning and moving don't really go together. I assume this will be a problem at other indoor spots.

Every time you deploy a new drone you need to take a few steps. This made a difference for me. If you're doing el farid right you're on the second level, hiding your body above the entrance room, and your drone is taking enough damage where you bring it back and place a new one often. If you get on mumble later I'll help you get down to the next level. I just lommed my pe droner, so all his level 3 drone implants are yours, pal.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!

SubjectVerbObject posted:

Yeh it's a lovely bug, being addressed next patch as devs have said. More or less what Kaz said as well, just have to move a bit after each drone re-deploy and you are fine.

Also we find out shortly if there will be a :frogsiren: ~DOUBLE XP WEEKEND~ :frogsiren: due to complications with zones being utterly inaccessible and people literally unable to access their characters in that zone for about 6-7 hours earlier this week. I also want to start doing the WoC Quests in Dome of York but apparently its a huge PITA and you need a hacker/droners to do that so if anyone wants to get together to do it Let Ronald know on Mumble. Really want that SWAT rifle you get from it.

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

Jacked a PC off my roommate. This thing is ghetto as gently caress, but it'll run mah neocrack.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Grecotch Unicycle posted:

Jacked a PC off my roommate. This thing is ghetto as gently caress, but it'll run mah neocrack.

How many times did you have to jack him off?

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

Till his kawaii cock fell off.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
Somehow my client.exe got ruined and now crashes when I try to load into the game from login. Has anyone run into this? I figure an easy fix is going to be just reinstall the game :effort:

Since I can't log in, I was wondering if anyone knows how many credits it would cost in LoM pills to remove 70 rifle skill and switch it to pistol? I put my private eye on hiatus and leveled up a rifle spy, so I figure I might be able to afford to switch the PE from rifle to pistols at some point. Why not, I guess.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

texasmed posted:

Somehow my client.exe got ruined and now crashes when I try to load into the game from login. Has anyone run into this? I figure an easy fix is going to be just reinstall the game :effort:

Since I can't log in, I was wondering if anyone knows how many credits it would cost in LoM pills to remove 70 rifle skill and switch it to pistol? I put my private eye on hiatus and leveled up a rifle spy, so I figure I might be able to afford to switch the PE from rifle to pistols at some point. Why not, I guess.

LoM pills come in packs of 10, so you buy 1 box from the vendor you actually get 10 uses. Quite cheap really. More or less it's 50 skill per 10 uses as its 5 skill each use, just try to get close to the next level of whatever stat you are trying to get so you don't lose a level, I mean its not a big deal but it may cause some implants to not work.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Double exp for reals this weekend. Get your remote tools ready for the double black dragon exp train.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
So I've been playing Age of Wushu. It's fun-ish, but we have some people looking for greener pastures and more ways to cause people grief. Is PvP in this game entertaining? How active is it?

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Haroshia posted:

So I've been playing Age of Wushu. It's fun-ish, but we have some people looking for greener pastures and more ways to cause people grief. Is PvP in this game entertaining? How active is it?

Neocron is a heavy grief game once you PvP enable yourself, issue is like most MMO's you should be at max rank to be effective with a good weapon (which we can build multitudes of). That super rare weapon someone has, or that really fancy expensive power armor the guy has? That can drop. We had a situation last week where we killed someone who dropped a top-level rare and extremely well modded psi spell, one of our guys got it and ransomed the item back to the guy for an exorbitant amount of money which they did not pay. Needless to say they began to poo poo-talk the clan over world chat whenever they got the chance to and still do. you drop an item every time you die when PvP enabled, one method is to chain-resurrect the same guy, kill him, and he'll drop another item, rinse and repeat. People have lost many rare weapons/spells/armor in this fashion if you don't pay attention.

Neocron is a game which has many, many bitter vets are still tolling for the 'good ol days' which won't return, they are just trying to live in a power tripping fantasy delusional MMO land that they won't let go of. To upset the status quo and start taking territory the 'vets' have held for a long time will not only upset the balance but create splinters in the big two guilds that will create more PvP. There are quite a few nice older players who genuinely want lots of clans for lots of PvP but others are stuck in a different mindset creating the scenario we have now. It's really at the end of the day a giant domino effect that just needs a push to get started. You never seen rage until you legitimately gank a 'vet' who gnashes at you in every aspect on world-chat as a newer player, they utterly blowup in rage using every excuse imaginable.

More importantly there will be a double XP weekend starting sometime tonight so if your going to get started this weekend is an excellent time to do it. Neocron has no real help outside of players and the glorious (and only) https://www.techhaven.org info site.

Dr. Video Games 0155 fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 7, 2014

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

The post above needs to be emphasized 100% for it's sheer accuracy.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Haroshia posted:

If you have any questions, hit me up on steam as Kazvall, or come on the mumble(s). That's if you really can pry people away from group meditations and dancing.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kazvall posted:

If you have any questions, hit me up on steam as Kazvall, or come on the mumble(s). That's if you really can pry people away from group meditations and dancing.

We are all slaves to the rhythm.

BTW do we have enough cash to rep the poo poo out of carz this weekend?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

We need MOAR NC!

NEW CLAN VOIP, TEAMSPEAK: neptunium.typefrag.com:9265 password: Taco

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
My starter quad fell in some water close to Neocron and couldn't move (and it can't be despawned either!), so I made the painful run all the way to MB to kill some of those cyclops launchers, except at 27 dex it turns out my rigger is not quite ready. Oh well, back to Aggressor Captains in Plaza 2 I guess, and at least I tagged a fair few genreps along the way, including TH and Regants.

Anyhow, been wondering about factions and why the goon clan has gone with Black Dragon. Their epic is an apartment, so I expect it's nothing to do with that. Also, where do you guys hang out?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Exioce posted:

My starter quad fell in some water close to Neocron and couldn't move (and it can't be despawned either!), so I made the painful run all the way to MB to kill some of those cyclops launchers, except at 27 dex it turns out my rigger is not quite ready. Oh well, back to Aggressor Captains in Plaza 2 I guess, and at least I tagged a fair few genreps along the way, including TH and Regants.

Anyhow, been wondering about factions and why the goon clan has gone with Black Dragon. Their epic is an apartment, so I expect it's nothing to do with that. Also, where do you guys hang out?

Black Dragon has a great list of hostile enemies to kill without losing sympathy or soul light. Join us on teamspeak anytime(list in OP). Not everyone in clan is goons, but if you say you're a goon everything will be cool.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

So this is definitely a pretty interesting game. It's one of the few old-school MMOs I never got around to trying, and it's oddly refreshing to be playing such a deep and complex game even if it's pretty overwhelming as a new player. Thanks for all the help, Kaz, looking forward to getting into this MMO.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Only game where I've used the stairs question on some random guy only to have it be a goon. Like, third time, heh.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

We miss you Phisz and Two Dongs. Check out the team speak info.

I've almost got all my characters setup. Anyone need some build advice?

Enid Coleslaw
May 17, 2011

by Ion Helmet
im glad of neocorn is still going
just started again and currently leveling a tank soldier + a spy droner/driver
should i make a construction or science for my tradeskill alt

Enid Coleslaw fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 15, 2014

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Good god I grew up playing this game. I'm glad it is somehow still kicking.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

AllTheXsHaveWings posted:

im glad of neocorn is still going
just started again and currently leveling a tank soldier + a spy droner/driver
should i make a construction or science for my tradeskill alt

Our clan has a lot of tradeskillers. So make whatever strikes your fancy.

Enid Coleslaw
May 17, 2011

by Ion Helmet
i think its really good that in this game you can use a woman as a literal object to furnish your apartment but i really REALLY wish you could get a pit bull smoking a blunt

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

While people haven't been posting much, our clan has been very active. We've been having a lot of fun pvping and we are ready to begin OP fighting soon. When the balance patch hits, things will really heat up.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
Holy poo poo there's an NC thread? I've been playing this on and off for years, I'll have to jump onto your TS sometime.

Garbanian
Sep 18, 2011

GUUUUUURRRRLLLLL
I don't understand half of what I'm doing, going, etc, but I'm having fun doing it <3

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Garbanian posted:

I don't understand half of what I'm doing, going, etc, but I'm having fun doing it <3

Always get on voice when you play so all your dumb noob questions can be answered as they come up!

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Been pretty busy lately with work, hopefully I'll be able to get back in this weekend. Things look to be getting quite active, I have a few near-capped pvp chars I really want to start cracking skulls with but alas, time. Ronald will ride again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garbanian
Sep 18, 2011

GUUUUUURRRRLLLLL

Kazvall posted:

Always get on voice when you play so all your dumb noob questions can be answered as they come up!

I haven't even joined the chat as of yet.
I've been slowly learning the city layout and just started doing the sewer quests.
Just kinda...ran outta bullets for my pistol and have been running around to find more ;-)

• Locked thread