Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.
Can anyone share some good physical combat schema set ups? I have a magic one down pretty well but I can't seem to find a good combo for physical based fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Velvet Bouncer/Buster Sword (If Available) or Shard (weapon from the orange behemoths)/Fighter's Emblem (or whatever that gives 10% physical damage)/Thorn of Vigilance(Unless I'm getting my buffs wrong and that doesn't improve physical attack power)/Million Moustache.

That gives you Blitz lv2 as standard and leaves it for stuff like Punt. Which I think Punt is the best attack ability. The Buster Sword gives increased stagger power while the Shard weapon from those orange behemoths give +500 attack power.

Alternatively you could just say gently caress it, grab Passion Rouge, and use up your ability slots to have both Deprotect or Deshell.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 15, 2014

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

ImpAtom posted:

Certain Schema can upgrade but most are locked to what they are. Several kinds of upgrade things are locked until NG+. (For example you upgrade accessories to improved versions by finding them in a second playthrough.) The lowest-level Schema in the game (those you start with, for example) will get plot-related upgrades later in the game. Equilibrium is one of those Garbs. It gets Attack Level 4, ATB Recovery Plus and +30 Maximum ATB.

Otherwise however you can use whatever Schema you like. A lot of the Schema are balanced around the idea that their passive or unique abilities balance out weaker basic abilities, or that they have a unique powerful ability to balance out weaker schema attributes. There are a few which just get outclassed, unfortunately, but I don't believe any gets outclassed to the point you can't use it because you like it. I was using early-game stuff at the final boss just because I liked how it looked more.

Okay, thanks. That is a bit of a relief.

Still not made any main quest progress since my last post, but I've been doing a ton of little itty bitty quests in the mean time. Dead Dunes is really big, guys. :negative: Finding quest items here is like finding a needle in a haystack.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ShadeofDante posted:

Can anyone share some good physical combat schema set ups? I have a magic one down pretty well but I can't seem to find a good combo for physical based fighting.

It depends on what you're looking for.

If you want to deal a lot of damage, find a weapon with Jump equipped and put Beat Down on a character. Find a Garb with a good amount of AP and if possible physical bonuses. This gives you a really effective staggering tool and can deal a ridiculous amount of damage once an enemy is staggered.

Attack or Heavy Slash both work for a regular attack/stagger builder. Heavy Slash in particular ends up being an incredibly reliable move for a variety of reasons. You'll get accessories that allow it to steal enemy buffs and the Warrior of Peace Garb can transform it into the strongest attack in the game as far as I'm aware. It depends on what feels comfortable for your build.

Having Blitz is useful once you start dealing with multiple enemy spawns. You don't need it early on but it's really nice when dealing with Dryads or other enemies who cluster close together. There are other multi-hit attacks but they're a bit more situation and I wasn't as fond of them.

Completing the Journal quest I mention in the OP gets you the Dark Knight Schema which is an incredibly effective physical attack Garb but it requires a few days to finish. Prior to that it depends. Warrior of Peace is great for the reasons I mentioned above but begins with 0 ATB in every fight so it can be a bit slow to build around. Velvet Bouncer is good for starting with Blitz. Shadow Trooper or Vengence both have Beat Down Level 3 as an innate ability which is great once you get Jump.

My usual build was an elemental slash, a heavy attack and a lighter attack. If my equipped Garb had one of those by default then I would throw in either another elemental slash, a debuff, or Aeroa for improved staggering against magic-weak enemies.

InfinityComplex posted:

That gives you Blitz lv2 as standard and leaves it for stuff like Punt. Which I think Punt is the best attack ability. The Buster Sword gives increased stagger power while the Shard weapon from those orange behemoths give +500 attack power.

Punt is a bit underpowered until you get the Martial Monk Garb at which point it becomes hilarious.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a heads up, if there are 100,000 Outerverse posts by the 28th(?), Square Enix will unlock the Helter Skelter garb for everyone.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

InfinityComplex posted:

Behemoths oh god behemoths why are there so many behemoths go away i don't want you as a pet i want this chocobo as a pet.

Like seriously though, Behemoths are annoying to fight with how often they spawn. Despite the massive EP gain you get from them I think I prefer running from them than killing them out of annoyance.

You mean reavers? Because I jump for joy when they show up. I have them down to a science, it's actually a chance for me to abuse Mediguard and heal up to full HP.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I absolutely love the combat in this game. Was fighting one of Behemoth-like monsters in the Wild Lands, and I thought I in way over my head. But with some fortuitous perfect guards and liberal use of Deshell and Thunder, I was able to turn the tide of the fight, and got him staggered at around halfway health. Turned on Overclock and took out my Buster Sword and went to town, finishing with a fancy air combo. Cue FF 7 victory music. :black101:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Coughing Hobo posted:

You mean reavers? Because I jump for joy when they show up. I have them down to a science, it's actually a chance for me to abuse Mediguard and heal up to full HP.

Honestly, they spawn waaaaaaaay too frequently for me. Every half a fight a reaver shows up just to annoy the hell out of me.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Thanks for the combat tips on the game. Clicked for me today and I've been busting heads up and down Luxerion. Shadow Hunter took me several tries to beat but then I had a proper look in my inventory and found that the SOLDIER garb has Heavy Strike or whatever. Combine that with the axe you get in the Warrens, and you can steal his buffs. Also Slayer is the loving best and that's Heavy Strike as well. Plus now I have a Heavy Strike Ability so I don't have to stick to the Cloud look.

As a celebration after beating the Shadow Hunter, the next day I beat the poo poo out of that bitch-rear end dragon for the quest. Met one of his buddies in the graveyard and hosed him up too. And through use of many potions and much trial and error, I beat one of those huge rear end in a top hat robots too. The Dreadnaught sort. So I spent a whole day faffing around doing sidequests and killing stuff. It's like day four or five and I haven't left Luxerion yet. Got wrapped up in looking for those loving clocks, and there's still one missing. Of, and I've been throwing time about all over the place like I don't care. Like I'd reload rather than escape, but it takes too long and I can't be bothered and I spent enough time trying to get past those bastard cats and waiting on the load screen and that's enough of that frankly. If I gently caress myself over wasting time, well that's my fault. Still, got two fruits on the tree so far, halted the Doomsday clock at five days pretty much for now.

Also met up with Anubysses again, the first one I whacked dropped a +40 magic axe thingy. Been having fun with Schemata shenanigans, especially once I started getting more stuff. Got a whole bunch of debuff power now.

Plus I love that you can name them whatever. There's RAINBOW POWER! which I use to make all the cutscenes look dumb as hell. It's the SOLDIER stuff with every proper colour of the rainbow, and the order even works properly, as long as you start from the bottom and wear a purple hat. Mainly use it for Deshell and Deprotect, with Guard thrown in and Heavy Strike to take advantage of staggers. And a big loving axe. Still using Siegfried for the more physical stuff. Buster Sword, Sparkstrike, Poison, Guard, Relentless Assault is pretty nice. That Schema is "hit the bastards". And the magic one has Thundara, Aerora, and now the two abilities you get with the Black Mage garb, a fast ice and fast fire one. Also using the axe thingy from the Anubyss. "magic gently caress yeah" sums it up pretty well and also works as an encouragement when you can make it flash up on the screen repeatedly, alternating with "hit the bastards".

Still hate Hope though. Lumina loving rules though, she does not give a gently caress. Also she told Hope to buzz off. Vanille got loving boring though. Hope she cheers up a bit.

But that loving Carbuncle Doll. Why the gently caress was it transparent? I could see the drat thing but not take it and then it suddenly just decided to let me. Did I trigger something?

Also gently caress waiting for the Warrens. Three times I've been waiting around the gate after half eleven or so waiting for the stupid loving thing because there's too many drat quests that need you to go in there.

e:looked up clocks in a guide, think I've realised which one I missed. None in the Warrens thank gently caress.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 16, 2014

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Incidentally, screw the postal service. UPS dropped the game off with my city Post Office, because apparently a delivery service that actually delivers things is so passé. The Post Office has now proceeded to sit on it for three full days, possibly hoping it'll hatch if they're patient enough.

So anyways, playing through the demo and submitting your score is supposed to get you two extra outfits, right?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
The lost moogle quest more than validates my purchase of this game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Outerworld never seems to work for me. It sets on submitting forever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Outerworld never seems to work for me. It sets on submitting forever.

It seems to take obscenely long to go through. I've had it work but I have to leave it sitting there.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Buhbuhj posted:

Lightning's inner thoughts after it are amazing. It's too bad the world's ending so soon, moogle toss could catch on!

I've been hoofing it around the Dead Dunes, finding the Temple Ruins entrances and I only just realized that on my way back to the surface, I've been singing Snake Eater to myself. I don't think I'll ever be able to interact with a ladder without doing that for the rest of my life.

What a thrill...

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

McDragon posted:

But that loving Carbuncle Doll. Why the gently caress was it transparent? I could see the drat thing but not take it and then it suddenly just decided to let me. Did I trigger something?

It's only able to be interacted with between like midnight and 3am or something? Just after midnight, at least - might expire at 6, but I don't remember. Make sure it's the Green one across from the Forge in Old Town and not the red one - if you give her the red one it'll fail the quest.

gently caress Aeronite, seriously. Jesus.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Coughing Hobo posted:

I've been hoofing it around the Dead Dunes, finding the Temple Ruins entrances and I only just realized that on my way back to the surface, I've been singing Snake Eater to myself. I don't think I'll ever be able to interact with a ladder without doing that for the rest of my life.

What a thrill...

Please help Coughing Hobo, he can't stop commentating on video games like a pro!

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Actually, Aeronite wasn't as hard as I expected. As long as you have an elixir or a couple of ethers it's reasonably easy.

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
I managed to barely wrap up Yusnaan in a day and Luxerion i finished the next both were pretty good, especially Yusnaan, story wise i feel the game's made a major improvement from the previous 2 games i actually care what's going on in the cities. However i already don't like the Dead Dunes that much i'm not a fan of huge, multi-floored dungeons where everything looks a bit too similar and i end up lost and wasting time.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

poo poo, the side quests in this game may be really lame due to the lack of NPC models, but I'm having a blast with the main quest stuff. They really have stepped it up in comparison to the last games and now I'm interested in what's going on. Can't get over how awesome Yusnaan was.

Up to 2 Chocobo Eater kills and one Earth Eater kill now. Gotta push myself to the absolute limits to beat those miserable fucks, starting fights with as much EP as I can muster and as many hi-potions as I can remember to snag beforehand. Never gonna finish that quest that requires 8 Green Monster Moss at this rate, but... well, killing this many for now still feels like an accomplishment. gently caress those guys.

I got pissed off and looked up the answer to where to find the Old-Fashioned Photography Frame earlier. I was expecting an NPC to give it or something, so... I would have been looking for a long time. The quest help is rather deceiving in that regard.

Buhbuhj posted:

Hope: You threw that moogle farther than Serah ever did!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

The Grimace posted:

Hope: You threw that moogle farther than Serah ever did!

Lightning: "Did I overdo it?" I love the delivery of that line. She sort of feels bad, but mostly she's like "Eh, they'll be fine."

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'm doing the Wildlands main quest I hate the health drain they put on you. It makes me unable to just sit and enjoy Caius's theme on a loop. It's really one of my favorite Final Fantasy tracks

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

It took me a while to realise I was doing it, but I'm so, so incredibly glad you can pick up notes on bosses to fill in their bestiary pages before you actually fight them. I've always hated RPG boss fights that expect some sort of pre-preparation, without any in-game means to actually know what you're preparing for until it's already smacking you around. Just having a list of elemental strengths & weaknesses in advance is a godsend.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

How worth it is it to wait until day 7+ to clear any of the main quests? I'm putting off Noel, but I'm right outside the door to Snow on day 4 and debating whether to teleport out and come back later (seems like it'd be a bit of a chore if it's even possible) or just go ahead and do it. If not waiting until day 7+ means I'd miss out on getting his awesome ice axe or something, I'd kick myself. Haven't done much of anything on the other storylines yet yet.

Also the dress and matching sword make Lightning actually look vaguely like a human being and is nice looking on its own, to boot. And do you ever get another color palette?

Edit: Oh, and does anyone know how double element spells interact with resistances? For example does an immunity paired with a weakness give normal damage, increased damage, reduced damage, or no damage?

chumbler fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Feb 16, 2014

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

You mean Midnight Mauve? You can change its colour already - go into the schema screen and hit square (from memory, check the bottom).

The double element spells work the same as the elementa spells - it shoots out a whole bunch of little versions of that spell. So if you're going against something that is weak to ice but absorbs fire and you use icespark, one part will heal and the other part will crit.

No idea about the >7 day stuff, sorry. All that I can say is that you'd likely get better weapons later on anyway.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Just 100%'d the game. I don't really know what people are complaining about, I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought overall it was a much more enjoyable experience than the previous two. It even managed to avoid my "ugh this is going on too long gotta grind this poo poo out to finish it" trigger, even though it took 35 hours or something. I can see it being ridiculously difficult on Hard, though.

Textures kinda suck except on people we see often, but that doesn't bother me much. Looks like their art team sunk the majority of their work on the ending cinematics though, those things are beautifully rendered.

In all, glad I played and would recommend to people that've completed the first 2.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I finally got this Artemis Arrows schema, but it has a default ATB of 0%. Are you guys using something to get around this? It basically makes it unusable as a beat-up-trash-quickly set-up.

Also what does your physical set up look like for that schemata? You obviously need to throw in a heavy slash to get the Artemis Arrows, Shadowbind is locked in, but I'm not sure what to put in the other 2 slots. Maybe a blitz.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How do I get Meonektons to appear in Luxerion? I've seen a grand total of two, and I only need one more for the noticeboard quest.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Aurain posted:

How do I get Meonektons to appear in Luxerion? I've seen a grand total of two, and I only need one more for the noticeboard quest.

They only spawn 4am-6am, easiest spot is on Pilgrim's Bridge/Pass/Pathway/Whatever it's called.

mikeraskol posted:

I finally got this Artemis Arrows schema, but it has a default ATB of 0%. Are you guys using something to get around this? It basically makes it unusable as a beat-up-trash-quickly set-up.

Also what does your physical set up look like for that schemata? You obviously need to throw in a heavy slash to get the Artemis Arrows, Shadowbind is locked in, but I'm not sure what to put in the other 2 slots. Maybe a blitz.

It's not really meant for a trash beating setup - generally that falls to your magic schema with spells appropriate for that area (it doesn't change that often). Artemis Arrows are really just meant to be used after stagger on large enemies to abuse overclock spam or if it can one-shot whatever you're fighting. But yes, it's slow to wind up. Don't select it as your default. You can help it a little by using either Falcon Mark (+75 atb speed, but you'd forego +15% str and that's what makes Artemis good) or an auto-haste accessory.

Realistically, you'll know when you start needing to use Warrior of Peace - when the difficulty ramps up significantly. Until then, use something like Dragon Blood or Dark Knight as your heavy melee / trash clearing schema.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ah right. Thanks dude.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I lovehate that I'm judging Garb suitability primarily by ability to be colour-coordinated.

Also why can't you colour-edit adornments :mad:

E: Or weapons :mad: :mad:

EE: Seriously though, why can't I have a magic sword that isn't bright purple? And why must some garbs have bits you can't colour-edit? I want to make a black version of Ignition damnit.

Fedule fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 16, 2014

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Fedule posted:

I lovehate that I'm judging Garb suitability primarily by ability to be colour-coordinated.

Also why can't you colour-edit adornments :mad:

E: Or weapons :mad: :mad:

EE: Seriously though, why can't I have a magic sword that isn't bright purple? And why must some garbs have bits you can't colour-edit? I want to make a black version of Ignition damnit.

Well then you'll like the weapons that drop from the Last Ones. They are hot pink. :v:

Dr. Video Games 0156
Jan 1, 2005
romantic comedy wahhhh

Murodese posted:

Just 100%'d the game.

Can you post (with spoilers if necessary) some tips for endgame? I'm on (normal difficulty) Day 7 right now and I think I've done all the sidequests except Aeronite so I've got a long time to prep for whatever the final stretch turns out to be, but I don't feel prepared. Except for the huge hp/str/mag boost I got since the beginning of the game I don't feel like I'm "good" at it or that I'm particularly powerful, like I usually feel by the final stretch in a jrpg.

Are there some garbs I might not have that you recommend seeking out? Schema setups that work for things like Aeronite (is that even a feasible fight before NG+? I x-reffed my experiences with a google search and it sure seems like no). Good accessories I might be missing? Which abilities are worth upgrading with my few upgrade thingies?

Also what's a good thing to do while the clock runs down on these final days? I sat in perma-chronostasis mode because I was so worried about running out of time, but now I have like a week extra and don't know what to do with it except those stupid canvas quests that just want me to grind for a while and I don't think I want to unless one of them has a reward that's better than "+10 HP +1 magic"

Dr. Video Games 0156 fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Feb 16, 2014

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I was wondering what the best course of action is with spells? By which I mean, should I just keep 1 or 2 maxed out versions kicking around and sell the rest or always be upgrading?

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0156 posted:

Can you post (with spoilers if necessary) some tips for endgame? I'm on (normal difficulty) Day 7 right now and I think I've done all the sidequests except Aeronite so I've got a long time to prep for whatever the final stretch turns out to be, but I don't feel prepared. Except for the huge hp/str/mag boost I got since the beginning of the game I don't feel like I'm "good" at it or that I'm particularly powerful, like I usually feel by the final stretch in a jrpg.

Are there some garbs I might not have that you recommend seeking out? Schema setups that work for things like Aeronite (is that even a feasible fight before NG+? I x-reffed my experiences with a google search and it sure seems like no). Good accessories I might be missing?

Also what's a good thing to do while the clock runs down on these final days? I sat in perma-chronostasis mode because I was so worried about running out of time, but now I have like a week extra and don't know what to do with it except those stupid canvas quests that just want me to grind for a while and I don't think I want to unless one of them has a reward that's better than "+10 HP +1 magic"

No real spoilers necessary, the story bosses are really easy compared to Aeronite. I actually found the final boss in the optional ultimate lair (Ereshkigal) to be easier than Aeronite, as well, so if you can beat him you're probably ok for the rest of the game.

I'll spoiler this anyway just in case someone wants to work it out on their own:

Keep in mind that I played on easy, so while these strategies won't really change, you might just get stat-blocked. Somebody mentioned that Aeronite on normal is nigh-impossible without maxed (5000) Strength/Magic, which you won't get in your first playthrough - I think with Ultima Weapon (which you get just prior to the final story boss) my str was around the 4700s.

So far as Aeronite and Ereshkigal go, strategy is pretty similar. Something like these garbs:

Magic Immune: Quiet Guardian / Preta Hood / Runic Ring - the weapon from Odin and any shield. Mediguard, Deshell/Deprotect and any T2 spell (I used Fira, just use your second-highest available)
Caster: Black Mage (any Magic garb will do though) / Silk Scarf / White Strap (boss uses fogga) / Chaos' Revenge / any shield. Mediguard, any T2 spell (can be the same, highest)
Warrior: Soldier of Peace / Fighter's Emblem / Something (Dawn Gauntlets maybe? Up to you) / Demon's Knife (or your highest-str weapon) / A shield that boosts str. Mediguard, your highest-level heavy slash (for Artemis), a T2 spell.

If you still have access to Death Game, you can farm Anubys there for Heavy Slash 3 and merge them together to get a very powerful Artemis, but if you've finished all those sidequests you'll have to find somewhere else they appear often.

For Aeronite, the basic strategy is just to double-cast both deprotect and deshell (if you use it once it won't do anything, twice and it'll stick) and then spam the hell out of the boss with the t2 spells. You need to stagger him 4 times total, and it needs to be done relatively quickly or he'll fly off. Your caster with Chaos Revenge only needs to get stagger to 75% to trigger, so try to use overclock to eek out the stagger while he's charging some of the heavier-hitting spells (Hellfire). You'll probably die at least a few times anyway, so take phoenix downs.

You lose a huge amount of time in casting to the third cast of any t2 spell, so set up your spells in the same slot (ie. X) and flick between your garbs every 2 casts. You should just be able to hold down X and hit R1 every couple casts - if you can get that down, you should stagger him pretty easily. Unfortunately, he also does a shitload of damage, so any time a spell's about to hit, flick back to Guardian. Not many of his attacks are non-magic so long as you stay out of melee range, except Roar (which Mediguard blocks entirely).

Once you've staggered him 4 times, deprotect, pop a bravery potion and spam Artemis repeatedly. Use the whole ATB bar just on Artemis (you should be hitting for 200-400k at this point), hit overclock and use that whole bar on Artemis, then use your next bar on Artemis as well (since dropping out of overclock recharges everything). If deprotect is down, reapply it - otherwise repeat. You'll probably spend like 5-6 minutes staggering him 4 times and about 30 seconds actually doing damage to him.

Erishkigal works pretty much the same, except you don't get any periods of doing massive stagger damage. Instead, after every third stagger he becomes vulnerable to status effects, so stagger him 3 times and smack poison on him and keep staggering. Keep poison on and after a while he'll go back to status-immune, until you stagger another 3 times, etc. For this fight you pretty much want most of your skills to be level 4 - luckily, the entire dungeon previously is full of Last Ones that drop various level 4 skills. Instead of having Warrior in here, have two strong Casters instead - Artemis isn't useful without stagger damage boosts.

In both fights, having some ethers will make it a lot easier.

Murodese fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 16, 2014

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

Well then you'll like the weapons that drop from the Last Ones. They are hot pink. :v:

I used the skeleton Bone Cracker for half the game because it was the best thing available to my physical attacker until I unlocked Kusanagi. Now I still use it on my Defense build. Thing is uglier than poo poo. I'm not sure what they were thinking.

Three days left and I'm still not sure if I should try fighting the Wildlands boss again. First two times I tried, I got my rear end handed to me. I can only assume I have to beat him to unlock the last day, but man, that poo poo is painful.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I guess I appreciate that the (Wildlands) Lightning vs Caius fight resembles the Lightning vs Caius DLC for 13-2 but, uhh, that was a huge pain in the rear end to beat and now so is this. :thumbsup: I just can't seem to get enough damage out for a stagger. It feels like he's constantly attacking and half of it is bullshit cutscene attacks that do damage off-screen, so I can't just brace for the impact and get straight back to wailing on him, I'm sitting there with heavy guard up the whole time watching the stagger bar die off.

Do bosses get stronger every day, or just when they change "versions" on certain days? If I go get really buff and come back on day 5 or something is he just going to match it?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Schwartzcough posted:

So anyways, playing through the demo and submitting your score is supposed to get you two extra outfits, right?

Just one, I think Siegfried.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Submitting the score just gets you one. On PS3, the demo was bundled with a second outfit but it was downloaded and installed like regular DLC.

Dr. Video Games 0156
Jan 1, 2005
romantic comedy wahhhh

Thanks I'll give it a go!

The Grimace posted:

Three days left and I'm still not sure if I should try fighting the Wildlands boss again. First two times I tried, I got my rear end handed to me.

I think this game is better than the first two in a lot of ways, but what cracks there are are extraordinarily visible on this boss in particular. The chain of offscreen attacks made me really frustrated with the game, and I ended up just winning by coming back with 8EP and doing overlock to stagger -> overclock to do damage twice, and chugging potions like they were going out of style otherwise. 8EP was barely enough to win but it did work. Even after winning I didn't feel good about it, more that I just cheated past the fight. I really want to believe that I had the tools to do something more elegant than that and just misapplied them, but the way the game presents itself does not really lend to figuring out much more than that, and I didn't want to die 10 times to the same boss to figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Wildlands boss dominated me something fierce. He does loving tons of damage and I don't have enough AP to keep blocking all that poo poo.

• Locked thread