Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Dexie posted:

So no Hulk Brogan, but we can have the character he played in Suburban Commando?
:frogc00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Dev comment on steam:

There weren't too many suggestions in that steam thread so it could be anyone.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

New update, the Death from Above update, is coming this week too! I hope it's on Friday because I can't think of anything more American than killing millions of faceless bad guys with new Bros. :911:

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011

Geokinesis posted:

Dev comment on steam:

There weren't too many suggestions in that steam thread so it could be anyone.

Cynthia Brothrock?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dexie posted:

So no Hulk Brogan, but we can have the character he played in Suburban Commando?

Or better yet, the character he played in No Holds Barred.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Xena.

Brena.

Lucy Lawless.

Brucy Braless. :getin:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Waribro Princess?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Waribro Princess?

Brorrior Princess.

I picked this up during the steam sale, is there a way to choose which bro you get or is it just randomized every time you rescue someone?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

raditts posted:

I picked this up during the steam sale, is there a way to choose which bro you get or is it just randomized every time you rescue someone?

Random, that's the gimmick of the game.

I think in like versus mode or something you may be able to pick, but those aren't even finished yet.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Zaphod42 posted:

Random, that's the gimmick of the game.
It'd be nice if you could gain a Bro, but be given an option to swap out your current BROtagonist in favor of a reserve-bro or to remain with your current.

There's also some gamebalance that needs to be done because I've sometimes come across two POWs in quick succession. That's a lot of Bro hand-offs.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

It'd be nice if you could gain a Bro, but be given an option to swap out your current BROtagonist in favor of a reserve-bro or to remain with your current.

There's also some gamebalance that needs to be done because I've sometimes come across two POWs in quick succession. That's a lot of Bro hand-offs.

Yeah an option to keep your current bro when you rescue would be really nice.

Sometimes you're playing as rambro and then you get macbroder and its like "gently caress! :v:" But again, that's kinda the charm of the game.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah an option to keep your current bro when you rescue would be really nice.

Sometimes you're playing as rambro and then you get macbroder and its like "gently caress! :v:" But again, that's kinda the charm of the game.

I wouldn't mind it as much if the bros stacked, so if you have B.A. and then you get Brode and die then you go back to B.A. again.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

raditts posted:

I wouldn't mind it as much if the bros stacked, so if you have B.A. and then you get Brode and die then you go back to B.A. again.

That's actually how I expected it to work at first, yeah. It should be a proper stack.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

Zaphod42 posted:

That's actually how I expected it to work at first, yeah. It should be a proper stack.

Sure that would make sense but for what? There isn't really that much strategy to anything and while the differences in bros is technically functional its also essentially superficial.

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!
What's up bros?

Grabbed this at the tail end of the sale and dude, bro...this is even better than I'd hoped it would be! Good and difficult, but with how the re-spawn's work, it keeps me going back at it to get to the end out of sheer spite. Love it!

So far, my best Bro's are Ashley Browilliams and the Boondock Bros. Their secondary attack is hilarious!

Haven't tried any co-op yet, but I can only imagine it's amazing. Do we have a Goon Bro group on steam yet?

Poopinstein fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jul 3, 2014

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

New bros:

Cherry Broling who fires downwards and Colonel James Broddock who has a grenade launcher.

Changelog and gifs of new bros here.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Aww. I was really hoping for Brona, warrior Brocess or something like that.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Broenne from Game of Thrones, with plate armour and a massive sword.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Broddock has grenade launcher as primary and throws a grenade that explodes into 8/9 more grenades as his secondary.

Cherry walks slower and can only fire down, however when firing in the air her primary gives her some lift for a short while and also fires angled away, kinda like a weaponised jetpack. Her special is to fire a rocket out of her leg.

FairyNuff fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 3, 2014

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Geokinesis posted:

Broddock has grenade launcher as primary and throws a grenade that explodes into 8/9 more grenades.

Cherry walks slower and can only fire down, however when firing in the air her primary gives her some lift and also fires angled away, kinda like a weaponised jetpack. Her special is to fire a rocket out of her leg.

:allears: Love it!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Game is 33% off in the next 24h thanks to :911:, discount is at the Humble store, dunno about Steam direct.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Game is 33% off in the next 24h thanks to :911:, discount is at the Humble store, dunno about Steam direct.

Steam has a weekend deal 33% off on BROFORCE as well. :)

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Zaphod42 posted:

Steam has a weekend deal 33% off on BROFORCE as well. :)
Yeah, but then you'll lose a whole ummmm .04 cents.

So is there any special magic I have to do to get online coop running? The interface seems to be pretty bare bones and every time I search for an online game it says there are none and every time I try to host a game to have a friend join, they can't find it. Hell, I can't even set a password or change the game lobby's name.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
.04 cents is like, really small.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Really like the content that has been added since I last played it. The bosses are a lot of fun.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I can't get voice chat to work in multiplayer games. Am I missing something obvious or is that feature not in the game yet?

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

sean10mm posted:

I can't get voice chat to work in multiplayer games. Am I missing something obvious or is that feature not in the game yet?

Steam has its own voice chat. That doesn't work?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Ugh, SO tempted, but I need to pace myself...

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
Just got this gifted to me a couple days ago and drat it's fun.

also Broku w/ a kamehameha as his grenade

come on it's perfect

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Still waiting for Rocky Balbroa.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

PenisMonkey posted:

Still waiting for Rocky Balbroa.

Stallone definitely deserves more representation in the game. For some reason I always get really pumped when we have multiple Arnold characters.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Hell throw in Apollbro Creed too.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
If they can have a Time Cop reference, I think they need a Demolition Man reference. :colbert:

Also, I read the whole thing about changing characters when you rescue someone is because you're making a decision: Keep the character you have because you like them in exchange for the extra life you'd get from the POW.

E: Sorry, DeBROlition Man.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Tangbro and Cash.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Not having actually played this game, it looks like you can tear the hell out of the landscape. So how do you get around if you blow up too much?

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

Speedball posted:

Not having actually played this game, it looks like you can tear the hell out of the landscape. So how do you get around if you blow up too much?

There are certain tiles you can't destroy.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."

Speedball posted:

Certain parts of the landscape are indestructible, you have a good jump distance, and most importantly you have an infinite ability to wall climb upwards. It's pretty hard to lock yourself out of getting to the next area. I've created a lot of scenarios where some precision jumping was required, but have only maybe once made it impossible to complete the level due to missing terrain.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Do they have Red Bronia or Brodin in the game yet? :I

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I love the announcer they added for the most recent update, but I can't help but feel like they're missing out by not having him say "OH NO, BRO!" as one of the game over messages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

PenisMonkey posted:

Hell throw in Apollbro Creed too.

We don't need a thousand melee characters. The game is mostly about gunning.

Bruc posted:

Stallone definitely deserves more representation in the game. For some reason I always get really pumped when we have multiple Arnold characters.

For some reason? Multiple Arnolds working together to cause destruction is what makes BROFORCE amazing.

Speedball posted:

As others have said some tiles can't be destroyed; but the real answer is you just die and try again.

BROFORCE is very much like a side scroller Hotline Miami. Run in, shoot some dudes, get popped, respawn. Run in, shoot more dudes, make it further, get killed by dog, respawn. Rinse, repeat.

• Locked thread