Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aimee
Jan 2, 2007

Checked through the most recent few pages of the forum and found nothing so here we are.

My boyfriend and I are going to South Africa in a couple of weeks to stay for an entire month and are looking for ways to make it awesome.

For the first 2 weeks (though maybe the whole time, not sure yet), I'm going to have a car and will be staying in a house in Kommetije, about half an hour south of Cape Town.

I've got hiking Table Mountain, bike/wine tours, and penguin-watching on the agenda... but what else is worth doing there? I'm very physically active so I'm open to anything, even things that sound crazy.

Second two weeks, I'll be in (or near) downtown Cape Town.

Is there anything I should know to avoid crime/carjackings/etc? I've read a lot of stuff about not driving at night, not actually stopping at stop lights, and pretty much being paranoid, but is there anything I should know that goes beyond just common sense? I've heard everything from, "You're definitely going to get raped and get AIDS and get shived in a carjacking by a roving gang of glass-laying criminals!" to "It's totally fine and you'll have a great time." I'm more likely to believe the latter, given that I've traveled abroad tons and have generally had a great time. Advice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread